THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Wednesday, 08.05.2024, 04:38
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Forum moderator: Asya  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Fears » I am afraid
I am afraid
Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.12.2010, 10:10 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Fears are part of our conscious mind. They are also part of our unconscious mind. Fears are phobias. Fears are always with us. Everywhere. Always. When we are awake or asleep, at home or work, with friends or alone. Fears are different because people are afraid of many different things.
- Do you have fears?
- Do you often feel afraid?
- Do you shout or tremble when you are afraid?
- What are you afraid of?
- Can you explain your fears?
- Do your fears have names (e.g. claustrophobia)?
- What do you do if you understand or feel that you are filled with fear?

thinkerDate: Thursday, 09.12.2010, 16:44 | Message # 2
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I'm afraid of many different things. I'm afraid of height, but not afraid of depth. I'm afraid of any strange rustles and sounds in darkness. This fear influences me much and prevents me from sleeping, but I try to fight it - usually I hide under the pillow and plug the ears. It's not a solution to the problem but it saves me for a short time. Also I'm afraid of vagrant dogs and strangers in the night! Speaking more generally, loneliness and old age frighten me.

Message edited by thinker - Monday, 13.12.2010, 19:08

МарусяDate: Friday, 10.12.2010, 15:16 | Message # 3
Monitor
Fears help and disturb in our life.
When you know a person's fears, you can manipulate them.

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 01:47 | Message # 4
Head teacher
Awards: 1
There is only one thing I'm afraid of. I'm afraid that something bad may happen to my Granny.
I agree with Маруся that our enemies can use our fears to make us do what they want. But I know for sure that if anyone offends my Granny or makes her cry, his destiny will be unenviable. I'll find him or her and revenge. In this world or in the world beyond... angry

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 19:06 | Message # 5
Dean
Awards: 3
I guess we are more likely to overcome fears that concern ourselves than those concerning our family or friends. Such fears make us vulnerable, they are our "painful points", that's why I understand you quite well, Nekavaen.

MadPandaDate: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 03:33 | Message # 6
Monitor
My fears are very simple to overcome, but actually I may be too lazy to do it happy I'm afraid of height, spiders and my own imagination
ps. Burn! I'll fight for your Granny too! angry

NekavaenDate: Wednesday, 15.12.2010, 00:40 | Message # 7
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I'm sure together we'll be invincible!
By the way, my Granny is afraid of worms and caterpillars. It's so strange and so nice... smile

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

RinaDate: Wednesday, 15.12.2010, 15:51 | Message # 8
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Quote (MadPanda)
I'm afraid of height, spiders and my own imagination

MadPanda, may I ask you one question? How can one be afraid of his/her imagination?

AllieSayDate: Wednesday, 15.12.2010, 17:09 | Message # 9
Student
I`m afraid of strange people, children.......mmmm...i`m afraid of the future!!! maybe tomorrow a bus will knock me down...but i`m too young to die sad

MadPandaDate: Wednesday, 15.12.2010, 18:17 | Message # 10
Monitor
How can one be afraid of his/her imagination?

oh, it's really simple! when I watch some scary movie I'm not afraid of anything that happens on the screen, but when it's over and my imagination shows me similar pictures but instead of the main character it shows myself.... THAT'S creepy.....

МарусяDate: Thursday, 16.12.2010, 17:30 | Message # 11
Monitor
AllieSay, OHH it's so terrible....
How you can think so?
It is absolutely necessary for you to forget these sad thoughts.
smile :) smile :) smile

Message edited by Маруся - Thursday, 16.12.2010, 17:46

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 16.12.2010, 20:22 | Message # 12
Dean
Our fears are so various... But to tell the truth, it's very funny to see such extremes: from height to one's future) I guess we should discard the unessential. I'm not joking, if we take stock of the above mentioned fears, we'll see (with amazement) that some of them aren't worth wasting emotions.

MadPandaDate: Friday, 17.12.2010, 11:21 | Message # 13
Monitor
Lovefootball, you know, I have one fear and I clearly understand that it's very silly... do you remember, in the 90th there was a very popular game: children bought small disks with pictures on one side, chips, they were called "фишки" in Russian. Some of them could change pictures when turning the chip. When I was about 3 or 4 year old, I saw a chip with Da Vinchi's Mona Liza. Her face could change into a skull. That frightened me to death. Since then I can't stand this picture. I'm also really afraid of portraits. I understand that it's a really silly fear, I understand, that nothing threatens my life when I watch them, but I can't help fearing them...

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 17.12.2010, 12:28 | Message # 14
Dean
I understand you quite well, some pictures, espesially portraits, are so penetrating that it may seem the eyes are looking right at you. But this fear fades in comparison with other ones, that are more large-scale. I mean we should begin with something if we decide to get rid of our fears. But it should be noted that fears have positive influence on people: they sometimes hold us from rash act and make us think twice before doing something doubtable.

МарусяDate: Friday, 17.12.2010, 16:42 | Message # 15
Monitor
All things in our life are simple and difficult at the same time.
If you've got the fears, you must only control them, you mustn't struggle against them.

Message edited by Маруся - Friday, 17.12.2010, 17:17

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Fears » I am afraid
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024