THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 13:44
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Asya  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Fears » I am afraid
I am afraid
lovefootball)Date: Friday, 17.12.2010, 21:02 | Message # 16
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Why? Some fears are not constant, they SHOULD be overcome! They're like another obstacle, that prevents us from stepping forward.

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 18.12.2010, 01:02 | Message # 17
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, I also think that some fears should be overcome. And I'm sure it's right that in order to get rid of a phobia, one should face the thing he or she is afraid of and touch it, smell it, taste it, fight it... It's the only way to understand: it isn't as dangerous and bad as we've thought it to be.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 18.12.2010, 18:45 | Message # 18
Dean
But if he faces the fear, he may just become panic-stricken! Fears can paralyse us, make us almost breathless.In a word, we may lose our nerve. What should we do then? At the same time I don't know any other method...

MadPandaDate: Saturday, 18.12.2010, 23:24 | Message # 19
Monitor
Awards: 0
But if we overcome all our fears, life will not be that thrilling and interesting, fears make everyone unique, but if everyone were so fearless, don't you think that no one would be special?

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 19.12.2010, 13:01 | Message # 20
Dean
I don't think that fears make us unique. They make us vulnerable,submissive or vice versa strong, confident and independent but unique...no. And why do you think we can overcome all our fears? I guess it's hardly possible. It's a kind of cycle: you cope with one problem and there immediately appears another one. That's the process of development and shaping one's personality.

ValeriyaDate: Saturday, 25.12.2010, 15:12 | Message # 21
Monitor
Now I'm afraid of breaking a leg or arm. Outdoor awful weather. I am afraid that my holidays will be boring. This is my last winter holiday in school. I'm afraid of losing money. I'm afraid of angry dogs. I'm afraid of the height. I'm afraid of angry teachers and exams.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 25.12.2010, 20:04 | Message # 22
Dean
These are not fears, I dare say. I guess that's just stress, pressure and nervousness. Maybe, you need a good rest? Try to relax and abstract from all the small worries of life that keep you on the alert.

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 06.01.2011, 15:35 | Message # 23
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
lovefootball), could you tell us what you are really afraid of. Do these fears change with time? Are you now afraid of the same thing(s) that you were afraid of some time ago? Why are you afraid?

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 07.01.2011, 11:45 | Message # 24
Dean
To tell the truth, I don't approve of telling anyone about such private affairs. I think when one shares his fears, he becomes vulnerable. But I can say that my "main" fears haven't changed much. More than that I'm practically sure that they accompany everyone throughout life.

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 10.01.2011, 12:42 | Message # 25
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Lovefootball)! You have intrigued us all. This is not fair! I am afraid of many things! Sometimes, I feel that I am afraid of very few things. I am afraid of losing a chance to make my educational centre a really successful institution. Can you write a PM to me about your personal fears?

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 12.01.2011, 16:19 | Message # 26
Dean
Well, my fears are not special at all, I've nothing to conceal. They are simple to the utmost. Just fear for my family and so on. Teacher, do your fears depend on your mood and other factors?

NadyaDate: Thursday, 13.01.2011, 16:39 | Message # 27
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Quote (Маруся)
If you've got the fears, you must only control them, you mustn't struggle against them.

I completely agree with you. But I'm afraid of spiders, strange people (especially when it is dark) and I'm afraid that something bad can happen to my family and friends.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 15.01.2011, 15:38 | Message # 28
Dean
Well, these fears are absolutely normal, if only they don't paralyse you. By the way, do you think there are fears that can't be overcome? And is it normal if some phobia "follows hard after" you for the life-time?

Suigintou_RozenDate: Wednesday, 16.02.2011, 13:35 | Message # 29
Course monitor
I am afraid of a lot of things.Some of them are very stupid.For example, loud music or crowded places.I know that a lot of people suffer from these fears but it doesn't make me calm.I don't know how to fight with them.I hope they will dissapear in the future.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 16.02.2011, 20:27 | Message # 30
Dean
Maybe, you just don't have enough time to relax or organize your leisure improperly? And your organism gives off signals in such a way. I think it's a kind of subconscious protection. By the way, it concerns everyone - we should be more attentive to our body because it always knows what is better and healthier for us even if it contradicts our wishes.

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Fears » I am afraid
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024