THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 23:57
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » Imagine that you are... (We all are actors in a play called "Life")
Imagine that you are...
Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 21.06.2010, 10:38 | Message # 31
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
You have mentioned male drinking as a huge problem and even said that it was caused by a person's weekness to cope with life difficulties. A lot of things in this life have never yet visited yours and I wish they would never visit you. If you want a serious discussion on the point, why not, let's start it. But clarify the topic - Drinking as social behaviour.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Monday, 28.03.2011, 13:46 | Message # 32
Course monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I like to watch plays and to act very much. If I were an actor I would like to play the part of Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet" by Shakespeare. It is a very tragic and romantic role. I prefer to play children or little girls because they are so innocent and nice. I think acting is very hard work, because it takes a lot of time and energy. Every actor should be talanted and to please viewers. dry

2YoungDate: Friday, 22.04.2011, 01:52 | Message # 33
Monitor
I'm not an actor, but i'd act a monologue from "The Raven" by Allan Edgar Poe. To tell the truth, i like both the author and the character. Moreover i'm fond of such scary stories, and that's why i've already played it. Unfortunately, i was limited in time, so i couldn't read the entire poem by heart...

Metus, dolor, mors ac formidines

AsyaDate: Friday, 22.04.2011, 05:53 | Message # 34
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (2Young)
Moreover i'm fond of such scary stories, and that's why i've already played it

Where did you perform? Was it a school contest? When was it? Were you successful?

MaksDate: Sunday, 24.04.2011, 20:02 | Message # 35
Student
If i imagine that i am an actor, i would like to play a positive hero, which fights against harm. For example, i'd like to play a prince which fights against dragon.

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 00:53 | Message # 36
Monitor
Quote (Asya)
Where did you perform? Was it some school contest? When was it? Were you successful?

It was at a phonetic competition this year, i dont know how it was exactly called. There were some parts in the contest, so one of them was home assignment. I was the best on that stage but failed on some other stages so gained only the 2nd place...

AsyaDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 06:36 | Message # 37
Quote (2Young)
only the 2nd place

You are quite ambitious, aren't you? only the 2nd place!! I think the result is great!

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 09:28 | Message # 38
Monitor
My reading of "Raven" was worth the 1st place. It was awesome. It was something I can't explain. I forfelt the character. I was reading it like that was I who "pondered weak and weary". I can't forgive myself for that fail in other parts of the contest. I ruined the result.

AsyaDate: Friday, 13.05.2011, 06:12 | Message # 39
Such things happen and the worst you can do is to blame yourself for "failure". psychologists say, 'If something bad (unsatisfactory, unpleasant) happened to you in the past and you yourself are guilty of it, do not try to punish yourself. Just forget. Learn the necessary lesson and stop criticising yourself. Nothing can be changed. The only thing you can change is your mood. But for worse, not for better'.

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 07.06.2011, 00:38 | Message # 40
Head teacher
Suigintou_Rozen, when I was younger, I also wanted to play dramatic and romantic roles (Hamlet, Romeo).
2Young, I respectyou for the poem chosen and for your results at the competition.

In Vino Veritas...

LuckDate: Tuesday, 07.06.2011, 20:59 | Message # 41
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
I guess everybody wanted to be an actor or at least we all imagined ourselves on the stage. Small girls want to be sleeping beauties, small boys want to be brave princes or fighters for good things... We imagine how great it would be if we were famous actors and audience would enjoy our actor skills... But then we all grow up, become physicists, scientists, teachers, doctors... And only some of us manage to become actors in real life.

RinaDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 01:05 | Message # 42
Awards: 4
Quote (Luck)
Small girls want to be sleeping beauties,

When I was a small girl, I hated this tale... I regarded the main character as a passive and dull girl, who was sleeping and sleepind and then turned out to be doomed to marry the first man who was brave enough to kissed her.. Br-r-r-r... biggrin But I was a strange child who adored evil characters. So, yep, tastes differ))

Tanya, did you really want to become an actress? Who inspired you? (If any) And what role did you want to perform (except for Sleeping Beauty))))

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 13:23 | Message # 43
When I was younger, I wanted to be a Cinderella (don't know why but not a Sleeping Beauty))). I really liked her incredible (I thought so ))) story. Another my favourite character was the little Mermaid. But now, I wouldn't like to be an actress, maybe because the real life of an actor isn't a fairy-tale..

LuckDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 22:54 | Message # 44
Union organizer
Awards: 5
haha, well Rina, I am not sure now I wanted to be exactly Sleeping Beauty but I did like Walt Disney's cartoons and hence I loved many characters. My favourite cartoon was "Beauty and the Beast" though, so maybe I would love to play Belle when I was a small girl. As for being an actress in my real life...well, I do not think so...I think I could be a musician but never an actress))) Those were only dreams))
And I want to agree with Nadya, life of an actor is far from being a fairy tale...It never means that you can play a role in a great way if you ONLY WANT to play it. First of all you sould be really talented.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 00:20 | Message # 45
Head teacher
Luck, what instrument would you like to play? Not all actors live hard life.

In Vino Veritas...

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » Imagine that you are... (We all are actors in a play called "Life")
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024