THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 05.05.2024, 10:09
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » Imagine that you are... (We all are actors in a play called "Life")
Imagine that you are...
LuckDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 00:37 | Message # 46
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
well the only instrument I can play is the piano:)) so i suppose that would be the instrument I would play))) But if i managed to learn how to play the violin within a month, then it would also be great:))
have you ever had a desire to be an actor?

TeacherDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 09:14 | Message # 47
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Luck, I'd also like to play violin or piano. But, unfortunately, I don't have an absolute hearing.
Quote (Luck)
have you ever had a desire to be an actor?

Well, I have such desire. But I don't want to spend my time on dramatics studies.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 10.06.2011, 15:49 | Message # 48
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Why? You don't trust suh courses and regard them as a waste of time? Or you just realize that your future won't be connected with performances? By the way, I think if one feels an inclination towards acting and what is more important confidence in his own abilities and wishes, then developing dramatic skills can be an interesting and unusual hobby! It's efficient even from the psychological aspect, I mean you'll become free, relaxed, flexible and I'm sure that it'll be much easier to keep up any conversation and deal with all kinds of people, especially if your life is rich in events and meetings.

LuckDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 17:40 | Message # 49
Union organizer
Good actor skills can really help you in life a lot. As it had already been said, you would become more sociable, feel at ease in any other situation. To be an actor means to be a very open person and usually it is very important in life.

TeacherDate: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 00:12 | Message # 50
Head teacher
Group: Admins
I should say that to be an actor means to be closed person, because they always play roles not showing themselves.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 17:31 | Message # 51
Dean
I think it's a stereotype, not more. After all one can always pretend and conceal his real self behind a mask without being an actor. It happens only owing to one's nature, ulterior motives and upbringing (or the lack of it)). Besides I'm sure that this "ailment" doesn't affect mature experienced actors who know their worth and all underflows of this work. As far as young people are concerned I can partially agree with you. If they don't have a wise mentor whether it's a teacher, a well-known actor or parents, they will definitely face some problem,I mean, considering themselves as "stars"...or not knowing how to stop acting in real life.

RinaDate: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 22:41 | Message # 52
Union committee president
Awards: 4
When I was a schoolgirl I used to attend theatre classes that were held in our school. Actually, they seemed more like phycological classes - we were trying to learn how to control ourselves, how to draw audience's attention, how to act in different ways in one and the same situation, etc... Actually, it was real fun! And I tend to believe that these classes really helped us become more initiative and active, deal with difficulties in communication (if there were any biggrin ). And it was so cool to spend time these after boring lessons)))))

LuckDate: Monday, 13.06.2011, 20:48 | Message # 53
Union organizer
Quote (Seagull)
I should say that to be an actor means to be closed person, because they always play roles not showing themselves.

why do you think so? if they do not show their own personality playing this or that role, that does not mean they do not "open" themselves in their private life. Life of an actor is not just a stage. And certainly they do not "express" THEIR own point of view playing a role of someone because they need to express certain feelings of that someone!

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 14.06.2011, 12:31 | Message # 54
Union committee president
Group: Moders

I don't think so...Of course some actors are closed people, some actors are very sociable people-all people are different. But in most cases, actors are very active and associative people. They always play different roles and they just have to be good at impersonation, changing their images. In my opinion, it is hard enough to be a perfect actor if you are a closed person in your private life.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 14.06.2011, 15:22 | Message # 55
Dean
We've touched upon a rather serious issue that concerns all professions! It's the distinct differentiation between work and private life. A lot of people don't separate these two notions and unfortunately this idea have never crossed their mind. But it's essential! And the earlier one realizes it the better. Otherwise you take on yourself the problem of other people and constant anxiety and worries almost absorb you. It doesn't mean that I exclude sympathy and compassion but why on earth should you bother your head about problems that have nothing to do personally with you?! Actors are not an exeption. Their characters are only their characters not more.

RosebudDate: Wednesday, 12.09.2012, 11:48 | Message # 56
Monitor
When I was a child I dreamt to become an actress. And there are many roles which I woud like to play. Well, for instance, in films like Titanic or smth in this kind. I also like movies about adventures e.g The Mummy or smth fantastic like The war of the worlds. And I would like to think about my own movie too))

Strawberry1992Date: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 01:43 | Message # 57
Monitor
We all are actors in a play called "Life", but not everybody takes great parts in this "acting'. But where is a director?...The "game" is not always fair treat to somebody, but it's a game. All of us play in it. Sometimes it's a severe game. And all of us know the rules..Everybody has his own mission, deatination. One person is born to suffer from smth, another person - to recreate..

PashkaaDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 11:29 | Message # 58
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
I'd like to be an actor. I think it is very interesting job. If I was an actor I would play classical roles, Gamlet for example smile I think someday I will an actor. Though as my hobbie.

ZensaDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 15:22 | Message # 59
Monitor
As i remember myself, I have never been into acting. Theatre sounds boring for me. But who knows what's gonna be next? So, if the fate give me a chance i'd like to be a superhero's girl! We will save the world from the bad guys together, drive a cool cars, conquer the world))) We won't be afraid of dangers and troubles. Together, we will win everybody!!!
P.S. I do know if a producer decide to shoot the thriller-comedy with my part it will be like a BOOM, like hitting the jackpot!!! Moreover i can cry without any reasons, just if someone ask me : CRY! I can do it)))) It's a pity that such a good actress disappears!!!!!))))

PashkaaDate: Wednesday, 02.01.2013, 23:20 | Message # 60
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Why don't you want to go in some acting class? Maybe you ARE very talented and you'd be a good actris smile

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » Imagine that you are... (We all are actors in a play called "Life")
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024