THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 18:33
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Tanya  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My likes and disllikes » The Weather I like
The Weather I like
Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 14.03.2011, 19:03 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
What kind of weather do you like and dislike?
What do you feel like when the weather changes?
Does the weather ever affect your mood or health?
Are you ever under the weather?
How does the weather 'speak' to you?
Do you ever 'talk' with the weather?

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 15.03.2011, 20:20 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I've come to the conclusion thaat it depends entirely on our mood. Of course, it's a well-known fact that drastic changes in weather affect us, sometimes rather seriously, but as far as the emotional state is concerned, things are not so certain. For example, when one is in love, it doesn't matter much for him whether it's rainy and gloomy outside)

thinkerDate: Tuesday, 15.03.2011, 23:24 | Message # 3
Monitor
Awards: 0
I like the weather in our country, because it's different. 4 seasons! It's wonderful! I can't understand, how people can live in different parts of the world, where the weather is always only hot or cold. I think it's boring, although people are accustomed to any casualties of life, of course. As for me, I enjoy winter and summer. These seasons give me some “stability”. I feel confident in summer, when the weather is warm and windy or hot and sunny, and in winter, when it's cold and snowy. I am usually in a good mood during these seasons. But when autumn comes, I begin to feel very sad and “under the weather” (as a majority of people, I think). In spring this history is repeated smile The sun begins to shine brightly, streams leak in the streets, birds sing spring songs and I feel that all in the world is changing. Depression comes to me. May be it sounds strange, but it's so))))

Message edited by thinker - Tuesday, 15.03.2011, 23:31

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 15.03.2011, 23:26 | Message # 4
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I am fond of skiing. That’s why I like sunny and frosty winter days when all paths and trees are white and sparkling, giant snowflakes are falling down and everybody’s hilarious and pink-cheeked! tongue

Rainy weather always makes me sad… When the sky cries, I also feel like sobbing.
weep

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Suigintou_RozenDate: Wednesday, 16.03.2011, 17:26 | Message # 5
Course monitor
I like that the weather in Russia is different,but when the weather changes I have terrible headaches.It makes my life depended on the weather.
I like warm sunny days and I can't stand rainy and windy weather,so my favorite season is summer.When the weather is cold and wet I always have a bad mood and feel depressed sleep .When the weather is nice I feel energetic and active.I like the sunlight-it makes me happy.

NikkyDate: Wednesday, 16.03.2011, 17:37 | Message # 6
Course monitor
I like sunny days. And it doesn't matter if it's summer or winter, spring or autumn. When the sun is shining and warming my back... It's so plesant! happy
I dislike "grey" days. Grey clouds usually cause my depression. On such days I usually begin to think about all my problems. sad
As for russian weather - I really love it! It's so different. Frosty winters usually turn into warm and raining spring. Then spring turns into hot and thunderous summers. And summers go into bright autumns. smile

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 16.03.2011, 19:14 | Message # 7
Dean
Awards: 3
You're real patriots!))) Still, I think that our climate is very specific. I do like it (maybe because I'm just not accustomed to constant living somewhere else) but at the same time I'm not against some changes. For example, I find the Mediterranean climate perfect for health and even for psyche! Fancy no abrupt jumps, mild winters and wonderful summers....mmmm)))

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 22.03.2011, 23:09 | Message # 8
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I hate heat and that’s why mild climate’s not for me. I wish I could move to the heart of Siberia in the future and know what real Russian frost feels like. xmas

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

ValeriyaDate: Wednesday, 23.03.2011, 17:43 | Message # 9
Monitor
I like warm weather. I hate rain, it's very awful for me. I like the weather in May. I think it's the most wonderful weather in the year. Of course, I like this moth, because I have a Happy Birthday. But I think there are many reasons for a good mood. I enjoy the May morning sun, and I am always happy in this moth. Also, we can take off our warm clothes. And we can feel glad of flowers and green trees, sunny days.

DimonDate: Wednesday, 23.03.2011, 19:03 | Message # 10
Student
Hellow people! The nature heve not got bad weather! Any weather is nice! But I like sunny weather! cool When the sun i the sky, i feel myself more better then weather is rainy for a long time any people have problem with soul health. I think it is depression and bad amotion. Is we speak about winter, weather must be snowing, that we can say - it is Russian winter!) I dislike removed type of weather when autumn go out and winter say: Tuk tuk!)

ValeriyaDate: Sunday, 03.04.2011, 20:35 | Message # 11
Monitor
I agree with Dimon concerning depression and bad health, because in winter we haven't enough sunlight. It is known that sunlight influences on manufacture presecretion of happiness. Also we haven't enough vitamins and therefore our health is worsened in winter.

NikkyDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2011, 17:42 | Message # 12
Course monitor
Quote (Valeriya)
Also we haven't enough vitamins and therefore our health gets worse in winter.

Yes, that's it smile
And as for me, I waited for the spring for so long... And what have we got now? Winter in spring! (Only my english teacher V.A. is glad about it because he likes winter fishing)
For example, last year in march i was walking on the green.
But yesterday was a happy day for me. It was a sunny and plesent day, a bit warmer than others.
I'm waiting for light dresses and summer shoes, green trees and dry roads biggrin
And what do you fell abot these weather?

ValeriyaDate: Tuesday, 19.04.2011, 14:13 | Message # 13
Monitor
As for me, I like Autumn best of all. The days become shorter and the nights longer. It isn't so hot in the day-time. The trees are covered with yellow and red leaves. At the end of summer apples, pears, plums and other fruit become ripe. In the South there are many oranges, peaches and tangerines. Autumn is pleasant when it does not rain. Truly speaking, Autumn is a rainy season of the year. When it rains the weather is nasty. The sky is covered with heavy clouds. It drizzles. It is muddy and wet.

matveevaDate: Wednesday, 17.08.2011, 10:56 | Message # 14
Student
I hate the current weather. This heat is a torture for me. I do not like summer. Winter is my favorite season. Firstly, I love snow and snowy weather. Secondly, in the winter I celebrate one of my favorite holidays. And you know that this holiday is New Year. And I can say with great certainty that the winter is the most beautiful season.
Fortunately, the weather changes did not affect me and my health.

ValeriyaDate: Friday, 16.09.2011, 00:33 | Message # 15
Monitor
I agree with Sasha that snowy weather is very beautiful. As for me I like to enjoy the winter sun... And now I'm waiting forv winter holidays, because I could go to Ryazan' and spend time with my parents and sisters. And, of course, I could visit V.A.! So I think that winter is the perfect time of year for meetings. In winter we can sit in a warm sweater with a cup of tea with friends at home and watch good movies.

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My likes and disllikes » The Weather I like
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024