THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 20:14
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Technologies and Science » The future of IT (3-d video - coming soon...)
The future of IT
8davids8Date: Tuesday, 05.01.2010, 22:15 | Message # 16
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Quote (Rina)
touch and smell it)

I've heard smth about it. They want to inject kinda powder into TV sets and the powder is supposed to be mixed for the nesecary "odour" and then ommited into the room, when smth is shown on TV. For instance, if you watch a vampire movie, the smell of fresh blood would hover around you((

RinaDate: Tuesday, 05.01.2010, 23:02 | Message # 17
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Quote (8davids8)
if you watch a vampire movie, the smell of fresh blood would hover around you

yes, and if you watch a horror movie where the parts of some cut rotten flesh are shown, then... wacko
But! oh... watching a cooking show... yum-yum)))

Message edited by Rina - Thursday, 07.01.2010, 15:52

MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 20:05 | Message # 18
Union organizer
Quote (Rina)
if you watch a vampire movie, the smell of fresh blood would hover around you

i think i wont be happy to see blood everywhere around me ant my TV wacko But the idea of cooking show is very tasty)))))))))))))) happy

TeacherDate: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 15:46 | Message # 19
Head teacher
Awards: 0
Well... I have two thoughts about 4-d technologies... The first one, is that, theoretically, we already use them, while watching a movie, because we can rule the time in this movie: to rewind or to forward it. And the second one, is that it'll be very difficult to use Time while creating and watching 4-d films, because, as far as I understand, for such a phenomenon we must create a row of images which are connected in Time and go one after another creating a film. And we must see all these images simultaneous.

In Vino Veritas...

8davids8Date: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 18:49 | Message # 20
Union organizer
as far as i remember the idea is about the television that would propose a set of programs and movies for the audience, and they should choose what they want to watch at the moment.

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 28.02.2010, 23:21 | Message # 21
Union organizer
Some airports are already provided with 3D TV sets. But these devices show only certain advertisement and reels. Because the technologies of editing and filming are quite different.

8davids8Date: Monday, 01.03.2010, 22:52 | Message # 22
Union organizer
I know that there is some provider in Ryazan that offers 3D satellite television. But it offers only 6 channels (including sport by the way)..

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 20.03.2010, 21:49 | Message # 23
Union organizer
Awards: 3
What do you think about the new 4D cinema which is going to be opened in Victoria Plaza? Will it be different from those we are used to? Or maybe it is just an advertising gimmick?

RinaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 00:53 | Message # 24
Awards: 4
Quote (MissJane)
Or maybe it is just an advertising gimmick?

As far as I know, there's nothing special in it. this "4D effect" is produced by shaking seats. So you feel like in the epicentre of earthquake. It can be very breathtaking when you watch certain catastrophe-movie but it has nothing in common with what scientists call "4D"))))

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 10:40 | Message # 25
Head teacher
I think it's just a way to earn more money, suggesting nothing special and useful.

In Vino Veritas...

AyayuliaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 15:59 | Message # 26
Union organizer
In this 4D cinema the session lasts only 25-35 minutes, and the price is rather high. I think it may be interesting, but only for children.

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 16:38 | Message # 27
Union organizer
By the way, many adults visit the cinema, just to experience smth new.

NadyaDate: Sunday, 17.10.2010, 21:29 | Message # 28
Group: Moders
If you want to watch a movie, you just go to the cinema and enjoy a "usual" movie or a 3D movie. 4D films are "unusual". Unfortunately, I don't think people will go to 4D cinemas everytime because it's rather expensive. I think most people want to see a movie in 4D but they won't do it always. I myself would like to visit such a cinema even though it's so expensive. I think it's very interesting)))

TeacherDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 11:01 | Message # 29
Head teacher
I think 4D-movies can be compared with a theater where a spectator is sitting in the center of the stage, and the whole perfomance is around him.

In Vino Veritas...

AyayuliaDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 15:16 | Message # 30
Union organizer
In some european cinemas the effect of smell is also added. What do you think about it? Do you want to smell bog or rubbish?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Technologies and Science » The future of IT (3-d video - coming soon...)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024