THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 29.03.2024, 12:43
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Technologies and Science » Cars of the future (Talks about future cars in our life)
Cars of the future
MetalDrDate: Saturday, 13.11.2010, 15:56 | Message # 1
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I think at first cars of future should be very economy. Now many car companies produce electrocars.
Secondly, cars should be safe. I think they shouldn't be very high-speed because in this cars it is difficult to enjoy driving. Of course i don't mean sports cars. For these kinds of cars speed is the most important thing.
But the greatest transport for me is the bicycle. It is very good for towns.
Guys, what do we think about it?)

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 13.11.2010, 23:35 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I agree with you. Bicycles are really great because riding them is good for our health and at the same time cheaper and safer than driving cars. I think in the nearest future the roads of our city will turn into one great traffic jam because the number of cars in Ryazan increases rapidly and becomes really enormous! And then most of us will have to buy bikes ans start using them.
And speaking about cars of future I also think they should be safe both for people who are inside and for the invironment. Maybe the cars will become "intelligent" enough to prevent accidents... It would be nice!

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

NadyaDate: Sunday, 14.11.2010, 17:44 | Message # 3
Union committee president
Group: Moders
I agree with you too. Bicycles are good in our time. But at the same time I think it's rather difficult to ride a bike for a long time (for example if you want to go to Moscow). So car is a necessary thing too because it's rather a fast kind of transport ))

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 14.11.2010, 18:17 | Message # 4
Head teacher
And I just can't ride a two-wheeled bicycle... shy
I've never been taught how to do it...

MetalDrDate: Tuesday, 16.11.2010, 20:57 | Message # 5
Monitor
Really? oh, it's not difficult as it seems) i learned it for two or three days not more)
I advice you to learn x) It's very useful)

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 16.11.2010, 23:20 | Message # 6
Head teacher
Two or three days? Really? Then I think I should certainly try!
Who knows, maybe one day bicycles will become the most widely used means of transport. I'll repeat again - it's good for our health and at the same safe for the invironment. But I won't argue with Nadya that riding a bicycle is a rather slow way of travelling to far away places.
I wish our scientists had finally invented a technology of teleporting things and people. It's a pity we can enjoy this process only in computer games!

TanyaDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 00:59 | Message # 7
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
I want to say about "intelligent" cars. Today we want to imagine a world where cars don't crash and where our cars will be energy efficient. I read in the Internet that today Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) are starting to make this dream true. Cars are becoming smarter, helping to reduce Europe’s road transport problems. I hope that such cars will appear also in our country soon. You can read more about it in this site http://europa.eu/legisla...._en.htm

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 13:54 | Message # 8
Dean
Group: Admins
Hey, people! such smart cars will appear on our roads years after the have become a conventional means of transport in the developed world. We are lagging behind 15-20 years in most advanced technologies.

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 19.12.2010, 21:08 | Message # 9
Union organizer
To prevent car accidents not only cars, but roads should be changed. I think that in the near future (about 50 years) our roads will be provided with some sensors that a car may read, you should only input an address in computer and a car will take you to the destination. Such a road already exists in the USA, it isn’t used by ordinary people, it was made only for research purposes, but it works! But you see the mechanism is different not cars, but the road is smart

Suigintou_RozenDate: Wednesday, 16.03.2011, 15:35 | Message # 10
Course monitor
Nowadays a lot of cars are producted,and many of them rather convinient,but cars are becoming more and more smart every day.I think cars of the future will be small,fast and comfortable,but the most important-they won't pollute atmosphere.Some of them will work with a special solar battery.I hope roads will be better and there won't be car accidents.
By the way,In my opinion people should go on foot more.If they won't do it-they will be fat. wink

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 20.03.2011, 10:44 | Message # 11
Head teacher
Yes, it’s a real problem. Modern humans have already got used to relying on machines in everything and are likely to avoid physical and intellectual labor if possible. I know people who live on the 2nd floor but take an elevator when getting both up and down. The same with cars. Yes, it’s considerably faster to go somewhere driving. Still from time to time everyone should leave home or office a bit earlier and get to his or her destination on foot. I live far from the RSU (50 minutes by bus) but when the weather is fine and it’s warm enough, I eagerly cover the distance without using public transport and sleep well after that.

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 29.05.2011, 14:23 | Message # 12
Union organizer
Some of our contemporary cars are really “cars of the future”. Just read about technologies that are used nowadays in Mercedes or Audi. It is really hard to believe that an ordinary car (I mean 4 wheels, petrol engine, not the price) can perform so many functions! But unfortunately Russian manufactures will introduce these technologies in a dozen of years.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 30.05.2011, 21:27 | Message # 13
Dean
Awards: 3
Ha-ha, that's what we can say for sure))) Still it doesn't mean that our scientists don't have any ideas (or at least I hope so!). They just don't reach the addressee for some reason or other...But it's quite a different thing. You've mentioned that cars will be small. Why do you think so? Does it mean that the amount of traffic jams will exceed all possible limits? Or the main reason is maneuverability and compactness? As for me, I prefer big cars! Actually to say "prefer" is to say nothing! I adore them! They look like mighty animals cast in metal, mmm, so imposing and powerful))) At the same time I realize all their drawbacks quite clearly. Just can't help it)

LuckDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2011, 22:47 | Message # 14
Union organizer
Awards: 5
oh, I can share this love for big cars with you!:) And I completely agree with everything you've said. As for "the car of the future", probably it should be something that at least can move normally, without getting broken 5 times during the journey. It would be great if our car-builders finally started constructing cars in a normal way but not do careless work all the time.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 01.06.2011, 21:02 | Message # 15
Dean
Awards: 3
H'm, and what's the main reason of this carelessness? I'm absolutely serious! I'm sure we all have heard countless stories about Russian "national" features, such as generosity, laziness, constant drunkenness... Speaking generally, what do you think of them? Maybe, there're other ones that I've missed? Sometimes I agree with those who take them as a byword and not more. You know, we aren't deprived of self-criticism and irony (even sarcasm)) and very often I hear jokes about our "special" mentality even from young people. And it's OK, really! But there're cases when you face this very mentality in its full blossom....(by the way, I don't exclude myself,I'm honest)). Then you have no arguments...)

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Technologies and Science » Cars of the future (Talks about future cars in our life)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024