THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 23.04.2024, 15:52
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Nadya  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Art - Painting, Sculpture, Architecture » Painting As a Kind of Art
Painting As a Kind of Art
Johnny_BravoDate: Saturday, 05.01.2013, 23:55 | Message # 46
Union organizer
Group: Users
Awards: 0
(Nadya)
Another thing I'd like to talk about is graffiti. It's getting more and more popular among the youth. However, there are plenty of old and new buildings that are thickly covered with graffiti

Do you think that graffiti is an art or it is spoil our city?

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 06.01.2013, 18:38 | Message # 47
Union committee president
Group: Moders
(Johnny_Bravo)
graffiti

Johnny, do you like graffiti? Have you ever painted them? Where?

Nastay62rusDate: Tuesday, 08.01.2013, 01:50 | Message # 48
Union organizer
I like to draw since my childhood. Since the age of six I’ve been drawing everywhere: in my album, in my notebooks, even on the newspapers

PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 20.02.2013, 22:29 | Message # 49
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
Quote (Nastay62rus)
I like to draw since my childhood. Since the age of six I’ve been drawing everywhere: in my album, in my notebooks, even on the newspapers

Have you ever engaged in art school ? Do you think you have the talent to draw ?

Message edited by Perilova - Wednesday, 20.02.2013, 22:29

FoxyTDate: Tuesday, 12.03.2013, 15:19 | Message # 50
Quote (Nastay62rus)
Since the age of six I’ve been drawing everywhere: in my album, in my notebooks, even on the newspapers

Yes, yes I know)) What do you like to draw most of all?

PerilovaDate: Monday, 21.10.2013, 19:53 | Message # 51
Head teacher
Quote (Nastay62rus)

I saw your sketches. I can say it is really wonderful!

Added (21.10.2013, 19:53)
---------------------------------------------
I would like to say about such kind of art  as graffiti. 
In our days, as never before, the art distinguishes  of the wide opportunities for experiments, it allows to find the way of self expression to each person. Graffiti is an example of such self expression. A lot of people are against of this art, others admire of it. But i think not every person can paint a really worthy masterpiece. As for me , i believe graffiti should not be forbidden. it is a good way to decorate deserted places. Some people are sure graffiti is always a terrible thing for community and this occupation always lead to the destruction of personality (such as drug dependency and petty crime ), but i don't agree. In my opinion, the government should arrange special places for teens where they could express their creative potential. So they won't destroy other people's property.

FoxyTDate: Monday, 21.10.2013, 20:51 | Message # 52
Graffiti is...

I believe that graffiti in our time really has become a kind of epidemic, pernicious for the society and for the individual. Most graffiti today has a form of agressive or ugly, or incomprehensible drawings that don't adorn walls of houses, garages and fences.
In regard to young people who create graffiti, today they are more often not individualists, who decided to express themselves in such way. They are more often youth gangs that don't do it for good purposes and, in addition, probably don't have a healthy lifestyle. I mean drugs, alcohol, may be even petty crimes and crimes.
As to the author, it seems to me that governments are not prepared to deal with this problem because they don't understand its importance. But we also don't understand its causes. I think that the reason for such behavior of young people is the lack of attention and recognition which they were often deprived of in childhood. Also, it is rigid framework in which our modern way of life and our society puts us. But no need to search for the guilty, and put the blame on only parents or young people, on our government or society. Let's better reflect on the solution to the problem of modern family upbringing and lifestyle.

ValerkaDate: Monday, 21.10.2013, 20:55 | Message # 53
Nowadyas, there are many serious problems in our society that we should solve as quickly as possible. And some people think that one of such problems is graffiti.  They guess that this activity defaces people's property. Moreover, it harms our society, Also many of them think that graffiti ruins people's personalities! But as for me, i don't think so, In my opinion, graffiti isn't a bad activity. I guess graffiti is a form of art because these artists try to convey to us their emotions and feelings, they create beautiful and significant things. So we also can say that it is a form of self-expression.  smile

ValerieTrDate: Monday, 21.10.2013, 21:35 | Message # 54
From my point of view, graffiti is a form of art. But I talk about such graffitists who do their work legally. I mean, if a person does his graffiti on one's property, it is vandalism.
Nowadays, there are a lot places where a person can show his or her work to the public. For example, I know about one festival. Its name is "Faces&Laces". This festival takes place in Moscow. Graffiti art is always a part of "Faces&Laces".
In addition to this, there are lots of graffitists whose art priced in million of dollars. I talk about Banksy. He is the most famous and scandalous graffiti artist from the UK. No one had ever seen him. When people try to find him, he often fools them. Moreover, I know that Jolie&Pitt's family bought his work for several million of dollars.

Message edited by ValerieTr - Monday, 21.10.2013, 22:19

ZhgutikDate: Monday, 21.10.2013, 22:26 | Message # 55
Union organizer
As for me, I have a neutral attitude to people who drow graffities on walls. I guess that such people who do it just want to show us their self-expression. From my point of view, it's a good idea for teenagers who want to draw on walls to do it legally. I believe that government should allow teenagers to decorate cheerless and dull buildings and fences by their graffities.Of course, government must control what these people drow because it is inadmissible if something indecent can appear on buildings. It will be wonderful if every building can show it's own history or express it's own individuality.

:)Date: Tuesday, 22.10.2013, 11:31 | Message # 56
Union organizer
As for me I think that graffity is not useful art. it is not normal to draw on the walls,doors and trains. People agree that the police should arrest people who demaged propety. i think that graffity is not a good thing. when people see pictures on their doors or walls they become angry. i think that graffity shouldn't be free. if people want to draw pictures they should use paper...

Salomka)Date: Tuesday, 22.10.2013, 21:45 | Message # 57
Student
I think that graffiti is more enthralling, inspiringand unusual than advertising. But our government believes that we need bright,colorful, useless papers and posters in streets but creations of young talentedpeople are not for our modern devout society. I agree that sometimes similarstrange pictures or scribbles don’t decorate places but there is no doubt that it’s not propaganda of drugs, violence, crimes or other terrible things,anyway, not obligatorily and notalways.  I admire this kind of artbecause it let youth scaring of a punishment for their talent show theirabilities and their own understanding of the world. It is a real way to be liberatedfrom humdrum routine.  We don’t muse upon about young people who just want to be identified among their compeers. Maybe,in the near future you’ll see one of these guys in newspaper like one of the most famous artist of the contemporariness.

Message edited by Salomka) - Tuesday, 22.10.2013, 21:46

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Art - Painting, Sculpture, Architecture » Painting As a Kind of Art
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024