THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 03:03
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Drinking as Social Behaviour » Reasons for Heavy Drinking
Reasons for Heavy Drinking
lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 20.04.2011, 20:59 | Message # 16
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Of course, you're right....but again in some families it isn't customary to talk to children, discuss their problems, share emotions. And it doesn't mean the members of such families don't love each other! It's just hoary prejudices! Another reason is constant busyness. In this case parents simply can't find time for close relations with their children.

NikkyDate: Tuesday, 10.05.2011, 16:58 | Message # 17
Course monitor
Awards: 0
Quote (lovefootball))
Another reason is constant busyness. In this case parents simply can't find time for close relations with their children.

Yes, and it's really sorrowfully. But it's just a reason of lack of upbringing. I think in our world every parent should think about upbringing of his\her child. And if you have no time, you have grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles. Anybody close. But at the same time I think that if you are too busy, all the same you MUST find at least one day a week for your child. Without parents children can't become a sterling person. And if we are talking about alcohol we can't say exactly but I think because of other children and advertising the child WILL drink alcohol. It's not because parents have not told him about danger but because parent couldn't watch for their child.

MegastarostaDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2011, 00:01 | Message # 18
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
Writers usually wrote about that fact that when a person had a tragedy in his or her life the most suitable way to cope wit it - to drink alcohol. In real life we can see that loneliness, failures in life can turn you to be an alcoholic.

NadyaDate: Thursday, 01.09.2011, 14:43 | Message # 19
Union committee president
Group: Moders
As you've already noted, the reasons for alcoholism can be different. I'd like to single out three reasons.
The first reason is the social environment. For example, if parents drink a lot all the time, there is no doubt that their children will drink as well. Unfortunately, eventually, it becomes a kind of habit for them. I'd also like to say that according to some scientists' researches, some people have "a gene of alcoholism". And in most cases (about 80%), these people are prospective alcoholics.
The second reason is bad education. I mean a person who doesn't want to develop himself in a civilized manner, achieve anything or who doesn't have any aims in his life can start to drink. There is big probability of that at least.
Finally, the last reason for drinking is weak strength of will. People, who have got strength of will, will never become an alcoholic. Even if such people start to drink, they will stop that when they want.

AyayuliaDate: Thursday, 17.11.2011, 10:25 | Message # 20
Union organizer
Group: Friends
According to my life experience there are different reasons to begin drinking, but there is only one to continue. Alcoholism is a serious illness that needs special treatment. Moreover it is a chronic disease. If an alcoholic gives up drinking he\she remains an alcoholic. Real alcoholic who gave up must drink no alcohol at all, even a bottle of beer. Unfortunately I met a lot of them, some have already been buried.

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 09.12.2011, 11:28 | Message # 21
Dean
Group: Admins
I think we might want to turn to the religious aspect of the issue. Alcoholism is transfer of one's sin of the previous generation onto another person who has to go through turmoil and hell. In this light, there is only one way out - not to sin, to take communion and pray in the hope that the sin-carrier will divert this punishment from future generations.

AmarantaDate: Friday, 18.05.2012, 02:27 | Message # 22
Monitor
In my opinion, some people are heavy drinkers because of some social problems such as the loss of job, low salary, invalidity. I admit that tere are very serious problems that bring people a great many of troubles but THEY AREN`T THE JUSTIFICATION of hevy drinking. I believe a person can struggle till the end any way. I want to prove my words by the quotation from my favourite work "The old man and the sea": "I`ll show him how much one man can endure". It means never give up.

Nikky0638Date: Sunday, 20.05.2012, 21:41 | Message # 23
Monitor
People who drink an alcohol for the first time take it as something unpleasant to the taste. For the human body an alcohol is not a natural substance. A person gradually becomes dependent on it. But certainly it doesn't happens with everybody. Someone has a predisposition to it others drink a lot because of some problems at home or at work although I can't understand such position, they think it helps them to forget and relieve their stress, but why they don't make it otherwise? Somebody falls into bad company and they can't go away it is addictive very quickly and only a weak person can't stop to do it, it isn't right to think that you will stand out from the crowd. Someone drinks because they are not confidence and it helps them to be more liberated.

Message edited by Nikky0638 - Sunday, 20.05.2012, 21:44

RosebudDate: Sunday, 20.05.2012, 21:58 | Message # 24
Monitor
I believe that there are two main reasons why people drink: trifle and diffrent situations which make us depressed. People seek for consolation in alcohol. It's better not to start at all.

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 02:02 | Message # 25
Monitor
Nowadays the most significant causes for this habit are marketing, pricing and promotions
A popular conception is that binge-drinking is fuelled, if not largely caused by heavy discounting practices. Promotions and special offers are seen by many to encourage unhealthy patterns of alcohol consumption. A few bar managers had some empathy with this point of view.

Strawberry1992Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 03:12 | Message # 26
Monitor
I can't understand why people drink so much alcohol and become drancards and become beggars and they continue such life. I'm sorry. Many crimes happen because of an alcohol. Statistic facts horrify fear

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 13:13 | Message # 27
Monitor
The reality is that there is a world of difference between a person who drinks three beers on a Friday night and the person who is physically dependent on alcohol and drinks three fifths of whiskey per day. Let's face it--these definitions are even out of touch with everyday society--three beers on a Friday night is not the definition a heavy drinker--it is the definition of a lightweight.

There is also a world of difference between a person who never drives whether they drink or not and the person who loads up on a fifth of whiskey and decides to go cruising in his sports car. Both safety and quantity are essential factors to take into account when talking about whether drinking is problematic or not.

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 14:42 | Message # 28
Monitor
Awards: 1
I think that drinking is a very difficult problem for our society and ecpesially for our country( there are a lot of drunkards and among them a lot of young women and even girls!becuase of it there a lot of delicate children( It's really an awful problem(

GoldilocksDate: Sunday, 27.05.2012, 17:31 | Message # 29
Monitor
I think the main reason for heavy drinking is that people are weak and unable to face reality and take things as they are. That's awful. Many people start drinking when they have some problems but alcohol doesn't solve them. It creates even more. To my mind, we can help them. We should support them so that to prevent them from going on a binge.

ArchieDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 10:21 | Message # 30
Monitor
An alcohol free lifestyle has many benefits. Understanding the reasons why people drink alcohol can shed a lot of insight into how alcoholism and alcohol addiction begins. It can also help those who are working towards recovery and sobriety avoid triggers and work on making changes in their lifestyle to continue living sober.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Drinking as Social Behaviour » Reasons for Heavy Drinking
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024