THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Wednesday, 01.05.2024, 18:29
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Summer holidays!!!!!!! (what are going to do after the exams?)
Summer holidays!!!!!!!
MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 19:50 | Message # 16
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
I think now we need to create a new note about how we are going to spend our winter vacations biggrin

8davids8Date: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 10:42 | Message # 17
Union organizer
Group: Admins
somebody's going to Lundn, i've heard...)))

ValeriyaDate: Monday, 10.01.2011, 00:48 | Message # 18
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I remember my every summer!
Every summer, I leave abroad, that's why summer reminds me of interesting and amusing cases which happened to me in different countries. When I was 12 years old, I was lost in one of the cities of Italy. I was walking in this city with my group. I was found by the local police. My parents were very much frightened. But I had a great time on that day!

Cherry_boomDate: Thursday, 20.01.2011, 22:50 | Message # 19
Student
Frankly speaking, after the summer we had in 2010, I don't think about spring and summer at all. I enjoy our Russian winter frost

NekavaenDate: Friday, 21.01.2011, 13:00 | Message # 20
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Last summer was awful, I agree. Fortunately, I was far from Ryazan when the smog came for the first time and people began to panic because they didn’t know what to do. When I returned home, my friends quickly supplied me with masks and presented me with a pulverizer. You know, I had always thought that this device was strange and useless, BUT it really saved me and my pet last August. I hate heat and wear T-shirts even in winter when everybody becomes frozen in sweaters. I could open the window only late at night, but during the day only a sprinkle of cold water could bring me back to life. My guinea pig also started to move and eat only after a salutary cool shower.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 21.01.2011, 18:02 | Message # 21
Dean
Awards: 3
That's true but still those who have passed through that heat "without loss" are dreaming of next summer in the depth of their hearts and I'm among these people))) I do love all the seasons but sometimes I miss summer badly in spite of such unpleasant experience.

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 22.01.2011, 09:12 | Message # 22
Dean
I remember the scorching heat and the heavy smog of the burning woods. No chance to open the window or the door to let in some fresh air. Impossible to stay outside for a long time. The smog had blanketed every little inch of land, invaded every little hole. I remember going fishing with my friends and sons in August. I remember talking to each other about the 40C scorching heat and the burning sun and the start of the winter fishing season some time in December under -20C. Last week, when went onto the ice to fish, it was below -10C and we had a good laugh recalling our August fishing trip.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Wednesday, 20.04.2011, 16:07 | Message # 23
Course monitor
I really don't know how to spend my summer holidays.I don't want to go to the country and I don't want to stay in Ryazan too.It is sad but I have to spend my holidays in the country.It is boring there. wacko I like travelling,so I want to visit some interesting places in our country.

NadyaDate: Thursday, 21.04.2011, 19:40 | Message # 24
Union committee president
Group: Moders
To tell the truth summer is not my favourite season. But I like it because I always visit my grandparents in summer and I'm going to do it this time as well. Last summer was really terrible for me because I was at home most of the time (it was "the coldest" place). I hope this summer will be warm (not hot!!)

LuckDate: Tuesday, 26.04.2011, 21:03 | Message # 25
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
I like summer but I hope that I manage to go somewhere and to escape the constant house routine. I don't like it when I can't busy myself with anything interesting. Vacations do not presuppose only sleeping and doing nothing. That is why I hope that during this summer I will be able to travel, work, meet people and just enjoy warm days:)

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 27.04.2011, 18:05 | Message # 26
Dean
Awards: 3
My approach is earthlier: I vote for SLEEPING anf doing nothing))))))))) Well, of course it's relevant only for the very beginning. I'm sure vacations were made both for physical and emotional (h'm, and also practical!) refreshment. That's why they seem to be a jolt of fresh air. New unforgettable experience, that's what we need! It may be temporary work, a journey or just something that will fill your summer with impressions!

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 27.04.2011, 19:20 | Message # 27
And what are you going to do to get this new unforgettable experience?? Because every person chooses something special for himself/herself. Some people are fong of travelling, some people prefer working all summer to earn some money, other people just prefer doing noting. And I think it's really good and even useful to combine business with pleasure. smile

AsyaDate: Thursday, 05.05.2011, 09:53 | Message # 28
Awards: 6
Quote (lovefootball))
My approach is earthlier: I vote for SLEEPING anf doing nothing))))))))) Well, of course it's relevant only for the very beginning

I think that's a normal desire of an average student: to SLEEP!!! Usually one week of complete rest is enough to start some activities.
I'd also like to escape our city this summer. But unfortunately nothing is clear yet.

olgaDate: Thursday, 19.05.2011, 00:26 | Message # 29
Student
Awards: 1
As for me it's my last summer before the university. So I want to make this summer unforgettable. Frankly speaking, I'll be in Ryazan only about a month. In June I will also work at the camp but it is situated in Solotcha. And in August I have a chance to go to the camp to Anapa as a child.

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 19.05.2011, 09:07 | Message # 30
Dean
Quote (olga)
And in August I have a chance to go to the camp to Anapa as a child.

These sweet ear-pleasing words! Anapa was once a family resting place for us. We frequented the Anapa beach every summer for more than 15 years but stopped going there 3-4 years ago. I can simply picture the streets, the shops, the park lanes, the path to the beach, the beach vendors jumping over lying bodies to reach another hungry sunbather! Wondferful! So, when you are there this summer, say hello to the lovely beach!

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Summer holidays!!!!!!! (what are going to do after the exams?)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024