THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 02:05
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Women-drivers (Cheap Car Insurance for Women ? It's Cheaper, But Why?)
Women-drivers
kuroi_NekODate: Sunday, 20.02.2011, 01:30 | Message # 31
Monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 0
Maybe there are not so many women who can break these stereotypes?

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 20.02.2011, 19:24 | Message # 32
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I doubt the fact... The reason is people who prefer to have a target for exercising their sense of humour. The jokes about women-drivers are so popular as the ones about mothers-in-law and so on) I don't mean I'm against them, of course not. Everyone needs a good laugh from time to time and if the joke is good-natured, it's OK. The point is that we shouldn't mix up jokes with real life.

NekavaenDate: Wednesday, 23.02.2011, 09:28 | Message # 33
Head teacher
Awards: 1
It’s a noble mission to break myths and save skillful women-drivers from mockery! Come on! And I’ll continue to destroy stereotypes about the degree of intelligence of blond girls! You know, their life isn’t a bed of roses either… biggrin

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 23.02.2011, 14:01 | Message # 34
Dean
By the way, without joking, some women gain benefit from this turn of things and maintain such reputation! It just serves their purposes. I mean it's easier to approve oneself or "blindside" when everyone around you is absolutely relaxed and doesn't expect any catch. We may call it a war ruse))).

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2011, 15:31 | Message # 35
Head teacher
Yes, sometimes it really works! laugh
But a woman should be very careful when using these ruses. Psychologists have proved that first impression is very strong in our memory. Even if we communicate with a particular person for 2more months, he or she will still remember our first meeting or conversation. What if a girl behaves likes a little fool just once but the boy she’s talking to will be sure she’s really light-headed and stupid and won't take her seriously for a long time? If she falls in love with him, a personal tragedy may occur.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 01.03.2011, 20:57 | Message # 36
Dean
No no no, I didn't mean silly childish behaviour that only irritates everyone, of course not. I'm speaking about turning our "weaknesses" into merits. It must be done in a very unobtrusive way as the matter is really delicate! It may turn out that people will take you for a light-minded naive girl, who bursts into tears anytime something unpleasant happens)

RinaDate: Monday, 09.05.2011, 00:32 | Message # 37
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Quote (Cherry_boom)
I think that women shouldn't drive a car. What for? We have men for this )))

Hey-hey, stop exploiting poor men, please, let them rest a little bit biggrin And give them a lift after party when they can't drive because they've drunk a little bit smile

AyayuliaDate: Friday, 20.05.2011, 20:15 | Message # 38
Union organizer
Awards: 2
Quote (Rina)
give them a lift after party

I completely agree! Men are doomed to do so much and if they are obliged to buy food, go to dry-cleaners, pay bills and so on, what for do they need women?)))

LuckDate: Wednesday, 01.06.2011, 22:48 | Message # 39
Union organizer
Awards: 5
oh, do not regard things in such a primitive way)) men do work, women do work. Yes, usually men do not wash dishes (though it also depends) but that does not mean they work so much less than women) they do some other work so everything is in a balanced manner))

NadyaDate: Saturday, 25.06.2011, 12:25 | Message # 40
Union committee president
Group: Moders
I think for most women a car is just their own transport that helps to be somewhere in a quite short period of time. And for most men a car is A CAR that helps them to feel themselves "a God on the roads" smile By the way, have you ever seen a woman driving a car at full speed or in another way to impress a guy or a man? smile

LuckDate: Wednesday, 07.09.2011, 20:25 | Message # 41
Union organizer
Awards: 5
I think women act in a bit different way) Impressing a guy by driving fast is not a women's job. Look, a girl can even park a car in a really stupid way- and she can catch a pleasant smile from a man at that moment! (though she can hear men's swearing much more often)) You are right, for women a car is just a thing that helps them to reach something, nothing more than this. And girls usually choose other ways to impress guys. But a guy can't put on a cool dress, so he has to choose something else... And what can be a better choice than driving a car?

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 13.09.2011, 21:10 | Message # 42
Dean
Well...I'd like to add one important remark) Women are constantly trying to surround themselves with beautiful "yummy" things. It happens by the light of nature. So maybe there are women for whom a car is not more than transport, I can't deny it but stll I'm absolutely sure that most of us regard cars as a kind of accessory. I'm not speaking of "typical dolly girls" now, I mean that a car is an element of a girl's image, position, the reflection of her taste, tidiness and even marital status) All the above mentioned things in turn contribute to one's self-confidence.

AmarantaDate: Tuesday, 10.04.2012, 17:14 | Message # 43
Monitor
Nowadays, women driving a car are an usual thing. Sometimes it seems to me that there are even more female drivers than male drivers smile I think it`s not bad. Both men and women have equal rights in our country. So, why is the stronger sex so irritated by women-drivers? May be because men feel competition and are afraid of a defeat wink

ArchieDate: Sunday, 22.04.2012, 10:39 | Message # 44
Monitor
I have nothing against women drivers. If a woman is well brought up, she is very accurate and in compliance with the rules. This woman never behaves rude on the road. But nevertheless, I believe that a woman's place is at home. And she should use the car only when it is necessary

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 11.05.2012, 11:11 | Message # 45
Monitor
Actually nowadays there are a lot of women-drivers and practically every family has its own car or two that's why it's possible to drive for a woman, because all the families have enough money to buy a car and I think it's really great))I like women-drivers and in most cases I like them more than men-drivers

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Women-drivers (Cheap Car Insurance for Women ? It's Cheaper, But Why?)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024