THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 28.04.2024, 22:05
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Women-drivers (Cheap Car Insurance for Women ? It's Cheaper, But Why?)
Women-drivers
Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 01.10.2010, 08:45 | Message # 16
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
But this sounds really interesting - roads for women!!! biggrin :D biggrin When I think of women drivers, a hope is creeping in that driving will be safer for all of us. We, men, create more problems on roads. It is probably due to the fact that driving has become a sort of exit for the biological instinct of aggression, danger, fight, killing and survival. I may be wrong. But it may be a reasonable look at the issue.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 01.10.2010, 20:22 | Message # 17
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
H'm, maybe men really take other drivers as their rivals.

kuroi_NekODate: Friday, 07.01.2011, 02:39 | Message # 18
Monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 0
hmmm
as for me I think women-drivers are rather funny
because: a woman-driver can excel some men in this) imagine yourself : a man-driver is condescendingly looking at woman-driver and...in that moment woman sweetly smiling is cutting him at the turn biggrin
I think men envy us slightly and they are afraid of the fact that we, women, will be too independent of the strong half of humanity)

NadyaDate: Saturday, 08.01.2011, 13:44 | Message # 19
Union committee president
Group: Moders
haha, I completely agree with you! smile
But there are a lot of women who can't still excel men on the roads. It doesn't depend on who drives:a man or a woman though. It depends on experience of driver.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 08.01.2011, 19:45 | Message # 20
Dean
I am not sure that men are afraid of that. Maybe, they just have got used to special "secret" behaviour and rules, common with drivers, and don't want women to change them in their own way.

Cherry_boomDate: Thursday, 20.01.2011, 22:45 | Message # 21
Student
I think that women shouldn't drive a car. What for? We have men for this )))

kuroi_NekODate: Wednesday, 09.02.2011, 00:26 | Message # 22
Monitor
hmmm
we shouldn't rely on men all the time
also I like cars and driving and I will drive the car myself

NadyaDate: Sunday, 13.02.2011, 11:45 | Message # 23
Union committee president
Group: Moders
In my opinion it's very good if a woman can drive a car. Because she can just go everywhere at any time, she doesn't have to wait for her man smile So I think not only men can drive a car, women can do it too. Why not? There are a lot of good men-drivers and women-drivers on the roads.

kuroi_NekODate: Sunday, 13.02.2011, 23:30 | Message # 24
Monitor
I completely agree with you, Nadya)

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 14.02.2011, 21:14 | Message # 25
Dean
Well, in this respect women-drivers are a great relief for men as they can sometimes withdraw from women's affairs, their shopping, beauty saloons and so on....) Besides driving a car has practical purposes, I mean it's very convenient if a mother is able to pick up her children from school.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 15.02.2011, 14:09 | Message # 26
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Wow, so many girls who dream of steering a car! I won’t argue that a driving license makes a woman more self-confident and independent. The fact that today we can furrow roads side by side with men is certainly a vivid sign of social progress and female emancipation.

But…I do have some prejudices concerning women-drivers…I’ve seen many times young girls on busy roads do make-up looking at the themselves in rear-view mirrors and holding lipsticks or eyeliners in the right hand. How they manage to operate with the wheel and watch the route is a great secret for me.
Women often drive too slowly. Most of them won’t be able to repair a broken car just because “it’s too difficult”, “my manicure may be spoiled”, “I’m not wearing proper clothes right now”.

I believe that not all girls are careless, obsessed with appearance and technically ignorant. Still I’d rather sit in a car with a bit drunk male driver and would think twice before giving credence to a sober but inexperienced woman.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 15.02.2011, 20:11 | Message # 27
Dean
Ha-ha, I can't agree with the last statement but I'm not dreaming of driving a car. Well, I like cars but at the same time I'm too afraid to be at the wheel. I'm confident about myself as I'm very responsible but there are a number of other factors! Weather, the quality of roads, risky pedestrians and even more risky drivers, LUCK....) I guess I won't mind driving a car in the future but now I feel relaxed and absolutely calm only when my father steers a car.

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 17.02.2011, 08:03 | Message # 28
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I don’t want to drive a car either. I feel it’s not the thing I was created for. Cooking, singing, taking care of animals, working in the garden, skiing – I do all these things with great pleasure and with great success. But driving… No, no, no! smile

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

kuroi_NekODate: Saturday, 19.02.2011, 01:01 | Message # 29
Monitor
I don't like calm life like cooking and working in the garden. I like speed and wind, whistling in the ears) I'd rather drive than cook, it isn't for me in spite of the fact that I'm a girl biggrin
And I am not such a girl who, while driving, does make-up and takes care about her manicure very-very much) It's so dangerous and silly not to look at the road. I remember a woman runing into a trolleybus on the crossroads biggrin I saw her scratching her head and her puzzled face)

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 19.02.2011, 20:35 | Message # 30
Dean
Of course, we are joking to some extent but I've just realized that we're speaking about women from the position of stereotypes. We, who claim to have broad opinions and always eager to get rid of prejudice! I'm serious! Why did it become so customary: we hear " the woman-driver" and jump all over this poor woman, imagining a naive and light-minded creature?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Women-drivers (Cheap Car Insurance for Women ? It's Cheaper, But Why?)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024