THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 29.03.2024, 13:27
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Women-drivers (Cheap Car Insurance for Women ? It's Cheaper, But Why?)
Women-drivers
LuckDate: Sunday, 07.06.2009, 10:28 | Message # 1
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Women drivers.? Most of us have probably heard that phrase grunted from a man in our lives, whether a friend, family member, coworker, or complete stranger. And, most women have probably been somewhat aggravated by the negative connotation. But, did you know that women’s car insurance is generally cheaper than men’s car insurance? It’s true, and as sexist as it may sound, it’s actually not. There are a plethora of statistical facts that tend to cause car insurance companies to offer lower rates to women drivers than to men drivers, and none of those reasons include the idea that women drivers can’t drive!
Car insurance companies have researched data over a number of years, and the findings support the idea that, as a whole, women drivers aren’t involved in as many accidents as men drivers, and the motor vehicle-related accidents that women drivers are involved in often don’t cause as much damage as motor vehicle-related accidents men drivers are involved in. Women drivers also don’t commit as many motor vehicle-related crimes as men drivers. As if all that weren’t enough, women drivers are also more likely to pass their driver licensing exams on the first try than men drivers.
Because of these statistics, car insurance companies are more apt to offer cheaper car insurance to women drivers than they are to men drivers. Women aren’t being offered cheaper car insurance rates because they are women; they are being offered cheaper rates because statistics show car insurance companies that lower rates are not a dangerous bet for them.
Of course, this isn’t to say that women are better drivers than men, or that any woman driver out there is going to be a better, or safer, driver than her male counterpart; however, it is to say that statistics point to the fact that overall, women are generally safer drivers than men, thus resulting in the reward cheaper car insurance for women.

Added (07.06.2009, 10:28)
---------------------------------------------
well..after reading this article I thought," Why do we always think that women are worse drivers than men?" I don't understand why, but all of the jokes about car-driving concentrated only on wemen! is it fair? what's your opinion?

8davids8Date: Sunday, 07.06.2009, 12:51 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
well, speaking about Russia, most accidents happen because of driving while impaired, and it's typical for men rather than for women...
and one more important thing - have you a seen a woman driver going 150 km/h on the roads of our or some other region. i mean it's bred in the men's bone to drive fast - extreme, adrenaline and all. maybe doing it is not reasonable, but this is a fact/

RinaDate: Sunday, 07.06.2009, 13:07 | Message # 3
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Well, I always hear the phrase "a woman-driver is a monkey with a high-explosive shell"... I can even say that I hear this phrase from my parents... but, notwithstanding this fact they allow me to pass my driver licensing exams this autumn. And I'm sure I'll do it with pleasure))))
As for the stereotyped view on women as worse drivers than men... May be, it has some logical basis: it's a fact that ladies are much more emotional than men and sometimes they loose control because of their impulsiveness. But driving needs cool head.... May be this is the explanation...
But at least, I don't agree with such a cliché.

LuckDate: Sunday, 07.06.2009, 13:30 | Message # 4
Union organizer
well..actually I also can hear such phrases from my father. Every time when there is a traffic jam or something strange on the road, my father looks at the culprit and says,"Surely!! It's a WOMAN!" Don't know why but it's the stereotyped view... But I completely agree with Max that most accidents happen because of driving while impaired. So we must pay much attention to THIS fact.

Irene, I wish you good luck with your driver licensing exams! And I hope you'll be a good driver))

alex_makhDate: Sunday, 07.06.2009, 15:29 | Message # 5
Monitor
Awards: 1
dunno... my mom passed her driving exams about 5-6 months ago, and has been driving since then. frankly speaking it was quite frightening for me to go with her by car anywhere - she was too concentrated, nervous..... but shе practiced every day, and now i enjoy having a drive with her - she's a good driver, for shure!!

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 09.06.2009, 00:14 | Message # 6
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Well... I think that the problem is that men believe women are awful drivers and women don't agree with it. Men simly try to get self-assertion! So, yes, I agree that women are more concentrated on the road, but men feel safe and are very reckless from time to time! They believe, they'll manage to drive fast (or in a drunk state) and escape car accidents. But, unfortunately, it sometimes results in deaths or serious injuries.

MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 19:54 | Message # 7
Union organizer
Quote (alex_makh)
it was quite frightening for me to go with her by car anywhere - she was too concentrated, nervous..... but shе practiced every day, and now i enjoy having a drive with her - she's a good driver, for shure!!

the same. My mom drives last three years, she does it not very often but still. And i can admit, that women-drivers are more attentive and punctual than men

8davids8Date: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 10:47 | Message # 8
Union organizer
my aunt got her driving license about a yar ago, and for the first months she was driving awfully))
she couldn't concetrate on many things at once - on driving, on the road, etc...

AyayuliaDate: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 16:00 | Message # 9
Union organizer
I am a woman-driver for 2 years. And I absolutely agree that SOMETIMES
[a woman-driver is a monkey with a high-explosive shell]
I know that women are more concentrated, but they never think that there are other drivers on the road.
You can discern the woman from others if:
someone is driving on the left traffic lane and doesn't want to move
someone parked straight on the road near beauty shop (why not?)
someone is turning without winker
someone is driving in the night without lights on (there are enough street lights, for me it is light)
someone forgets that SHE\he stoped at traffic light and just puts mascara on
someone is parking acording to the sounds of stroke (it concernes women abroad).
But it doesn't concern every woman in the world.

RinaDate: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 16:35 | Message # 10
Awards: 4
Quote (Ayayulia)
someone is driving in the night without lights on (there are enough street lights, for me it is light)

OMG! That's 'bout me((( And I can admit that sometimes I forget to "lift" the handbrake after starting the engine... And then I wonder - why doesn't the car move??? biggrin But what I've understood is that I just adore the process of driving... And sometimes, while enjoying it, I realize that some actions become automatized. Progress biggrin

But still, I've also understood that women-drivers are really much more careful on the road.

Quote (8davids8)
she couldn't concentrate on many things at once - on driving, on the road, etc...

Yes, it's difficult to pay attention to many things at once. So, some usually concentrate on driving itself, forgetting about the traffic signs and stop signs... Not everybody, of course, but I know some women that drive the same way...

Message edited by Rina - Thursday, 07.01.2010, 16:37

8davids8Date: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 19:00 | Message # 11
Union organizer
Quote (Rina)
Yes, it's difficult to pay attention to many things at once. So, some usually concentrate on driving itself, forgetting about the traffic signs and stop signs... Not everybody, of course, but I know some women that drive the same way...

that's about the inborn men's ability to concentrate on many things easily.
more than that a man can easily orient in the unfamiliar area. Don't forget that long ago men were hunters and women - keepers of family hearth)) hence, the men's ability to orient in the wood, fields, etc...
haven't you ever, girls, noticed that you are afraid of getting lost while walking alone in the forest?
don't know what about you but my mother always says to her "men": "Don't leave me alone". I won't find the way out!", once you go a little farther in the woods))

LuckDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 11:07 | Message # 12
Union organizer
I COMPLETELY agree with Max, and I think everybody who at least once walked with me, realised that I ALWAYS lose my way, and I DON'T know how to get rid of this "habit"!!! I can easily be lost even in a huge city with lots of signs with inscriptions WHERE to go. When someone says, "turn to the left" I always turn to the right, and sometimes I think that even if I had a huge map of EVERY place where I can go, I would still always lose the way!

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 11:32 | Message # 13
Dean
Well, you are the best woman for any man. For your second loving half you will always be the object of care, attention, support. Men like to be strong. When a woman lets a man be strong, it means that she loves him and needs him.

NadyaDate: Sunday, 26.09.2010, 17:30 | Message # 14
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
There are lots of women who drive a car. And I think that they have the same rights as men do. But sometimes a woman can cause a very big problem on the road. There are lots of traffic jams because of women-drivers. Maybe we need some special roads only for women?

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 27.09.2010, 18:27 | Message # 15
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Why, if we have the same rights, we don't need them)

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Women-drivers (Cheap Car Insurance for Women ? It's Cheaper, But Why?)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024