THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 17:27
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » hobby))) do you collect anything?
hobby))) do you collect anything?
RinaDate: Sunday, 07.06.2009, 15:48 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
here's some info from BBC website:
"Two dinosaur skulls have fetched top prices at an auction in New York.A giant 65-million-year-old Triceratops skull sold at Bonhams' Natural History auction for $242,000 (£148,000). A skull from a cousin of the T. rex, the Alioramus remotus, went for $206,000 (£126,000). "It actually looks lovely... it looks like a sculpture," Bonhams' spokeswoman Staci Smith told AFP news agency. She said private collectors often snap up "dinosauria" - the collective term for dinosaur eggs, teeth and bone fragments - to decorate their homes."

well, it seemed quite funny for me-I just imagined a dino skull in the middle of my room... COOL hands It's a pity, but I don't collect anything...may be, only magnets for a frige biggrin And what 'bout u? are u a crazy collector?)))
Attachments: 9331730.jpg (14.3 Kb)

Message edited by Rina - Sunday, 07.06.2009, 15:49

alex_makhDate: Sunday, 07.06.2009, 16:12 | Message # 2
Monitor
Group: Admins
Awards: 1
during oll my life i collected lots of things - coins, stamps(still have a large collection), beer corks and stuff, but i'm not, and have never been a crazy collector!!! i have another hobby, and you know what is it!))to be honest it's more than just a hobby - music is a big part of my life))

AsyaDate: Monday, 08.06.2009, 00:21 | Message # 3
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
I collect coins. But I can't say that's my hobby. It's just a strange habit))

TanyaDate: Monday, 08.06.2009, 17:10 | Message # 4
Course monitor
Awards: 2
I collect magnets from different cities. My friends always know what to bring me as a gift!)))

MegastarostaDate: Monday, 08.06.2009, 18:04 | Message # 5
Union organizer
i collect T-shirts from Loverussia camps))

LuckDate: Monday, 08.06.2009, 18:13 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Awards: 5
I don't collect magnets or coins...but I like to buy... folders))) It's sounds crazy, but I have lots of them: different colors, different sizes. It's like something magical for me))

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 09.06.2009, 12:41 | Message # 7
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin I tend to think we all are schizophrenics in a way)))

Neriel-samaDate: Wednesday, 07.10.2009, 11:10 | Message # 8
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
smile to my mind, hobby is a great thing)) you can be an expert in some sphere)) I have an interesting collection of Soviet and American stamps. Banal, I know)) but it was a great fun to me to collect them, to sort them, to find their price and meanings in a special book in my childhood))

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 10:35 | Message # 9
Dean
Neriel-sama! You are the first person who wrote about the hobby that is one of my pet activites. To tell the truth, I was rey much leen on cllecting stamps during three periods of my life - when I was a teenager, when I graduated from the Uni, and when I started showing my collection of stamps to my children. My collection included a lot of stamps on FAUNA. I have a few thick albums, they now rest on a shelf, I haven't opened them for a few years. Will do it today.

Neriel-samaDate: Thursday, 22.10.2009, 10:10 | Message # 10
Student
Oh, I do not have so many, but one little album full of stamps)) I like stamps with butterflies very much, those Soviet ones)) Would you like me to bring them next time and show them to you?)))

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 23.10.2009, 09:38 | Message # 11
Dean
Yes, of course, that would be great! We can have some time at the lecture class.

UchilkaDate: Wednesday, 02.12.2009, 22:22 | Message # 12
Student
I collect magnets for my fridge (I know it is not original), but all members of my family bring magnets only from places which we've visited. If somebody presents me with a magnet from the place that my family hasn't visited, I don't hang it on the fridge.
But I don't think that collecting magnets is a hobby nowadays. My hobby is growing pot flowers.

MissJaneDate: Friday, 11.12.2009, 23:54 | Message # 13
Union organizer
Awards: 3
When I was a child, I collected wrappers from bars of chocolate. My friend and I were merely crazy about that. As we didn't have even pocket money, we couldn't afford to buy chocolates so we had to look for the wrappers in the streets, to ask our friends for them...
As a result, I had a 96-sheet copy-book full of different chocolate wrappings. I left it to my Granny)))
I don't collect anything nowadays, I prefer to throw out every thing that I don't need. cool

AsyaDate: Sunday, 13.12.2009, 11:01 | Message # 14
Quote (MissJane)
I don't collect anything nowadays, I prefer to throw out every thing that I don't need.

That's a good trait. I try to develop it, too. But, you know, it's always so difficult for me to throw out things that I don't need now but that were somewhat important for me earlier. I don't even know what to do with this drawback.

LuckDate: Sunday, 13.12.2009, 13:12 | Message # 15
Union organizer
Awards: 5
I guess everybody collects magnets on his fridge biggrin and so do I. Some of them are quite funny- just stupid toys or something like that. Others- are quite important for me.
But one thing I can say for sure is that I never throw away different things, and I even don't want to develop this trait:)

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » hobby))) do you collect anything?
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024