THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 01:27
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Any Movie News? (Watch, comment, advise, share)
Any Movie News?
lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 01.02.2011, 21:44 | Message # 16
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Ha-ha, the horse is really a star))) And what about the guys' wives? Such courageous girls, an example for everyone)))
Last weekend I watched "The Dreamers" with Eva Green starring. A friend of mine advised me to watch it and I don't regret doing that. It's so unusual, I have never seen anything of the kind before! It tells us a lot about the mysteries ans surprises of human psyche and besides it reflects the historic evidence.

NadyaDate: Sunday, 06.02.2011, 11:29 | Message # 17
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Yes, this is a really good example for everyone))
I also have watched The Tourist. In my opinion this is a really interesting movie with surprise ending!

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 06.02.2011, 13:25 | Message # 18
Dean
Yes, the ending impressed me but the beginning was a bit banal. It reminded me of other typical spy stories. And though the actors are brilliant individually, I don't think they go together well, even their appearance, types are different.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 08.02.2011, 00:06 | Message # 19
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Lovefootball), I adore Eva Green. She’s a wonderful actress and a splendidly beautiful woman. I saw her in the films “Arsene Lupin”, “Kingdom of Heaven” and “The Golden Compass”. And I also watched the movie that has impressed you and your friend – “The Dreamers”.

This film is surely a bit strange but at the same time mysteriously breathtaking. In addition to the vivid portrayal of real historical events, it shows us an example of non-traditional relationships in which the heroes themselves can’t decide who they are to each other: friends, lovers, a family or just enigmatic strangers. This film should be seen by those who are tired of banal blockbusters and predictable melodramas and are ready to open their minds for something intriguing, revolutionary and even shocking; who adore making guesses instead of being explained directly what the producer wanted to say and to show by this or that patricular episode.

It’s not an artwork for wide audience. And it’s not for little children, I should say.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

IncredibleSashaDate: Tuesday, 08.02.2011, 14:26 | Message # 20
Student
The last film I've watched is "I am legend". It is set in the 21st century in New-York city and is about a man, who was alone there.In the film, robert nevill was alone in New-York because all other people were sick and then became zombies. they all tried to kill him. Robert Nevill (Will Smith) was a doctor who tried to find medicine for these people. he was very brave,clever and intelligent.
The scenery and special effects are amazing.The actors play professionaly.
To sum up, the film "I'm legend" became one of the most interesting and exiting films I have ever seen.

Fr_ArseniosDate: Saturday, 19.02.2011, 11:36 | Message # 21
Student
I think that Will Smith is a very talented and professional actor. I like his works. Some time ago I re-watched "Seven pounds". It's a drama about a man who caused a road accident with seven deaths in it. After this accident he changed his life. His aim became to help terminally sick people who needed all kinds of transplantation. So, he gave his organs to them (a piece of liver, one lung, some spinal cord). In order to give his eyes and heart to the needy, he committed a suicide. So, he saved several lives giving his own one... This story is about, in my opinion, man's readiness to give oneself to other people. This hero had a great sense of fault. Of course, a rare person in such a situation can decide to do so to pay for his crime. We can judge him, but we can't deny that it is a very strong action. And what do you think about it? In this movie Will Smith showed new sides of his talent of a really dramatic actor. And the movie "I am legend" is very interesting too, because in it Will Smith acts practically alone. And this is very hard work.

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 24.02.2011, 12:09 | Message # 22
Head teacher
The film “Seven pounds” is really fantastic, I agree. Most people never take part in donor programs. To my shame, I haven’t yet done it either (but I’ll definitely do it as soon as I finally solve one unpleasant health problem).

Of course, I don’t think it’s judicious to get rid of your organs if you are not going to die soon. But everyone can donate “several drops of blood” at least once a year.

By the way, I’ve heard that it’s not only a great chance to save somebody else’s life but also an effective way to build up the donor’s health. Firstly, donorship causes blood renewal. Secondly, if a person regularly gives away small amounts of blood, he or she will be very resistant to real hemorrhage in extreme situations. That’s because his or her body will be properly “trained”.

P.S. Speaking about Will Smith, I always enjoy his works. I'm glad he finds time for taking part not only in blokbusters. He often appears in really deep and serious movies that reveal new colours of his unique talant.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 24.02.2011, 20:56 | Message # 23
Dean
What do you think of the sequel "The Office Romance"? (I'm sorry for such liberal translation!) To tell the truth I have prejudice as far as it's concerned. I don't know why, I can't even put it into words... Maybe I regard it as offense against our "holy of holies". But who knows, maybe my opinion is groundless.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2011, 15:27 | Message # 24
Head teacher
Being honest, I have prejudices about modern Russian movie industry as a whole. I don’t understand current comedies, I can’t get the sense of war and action films that are shot in my native country nowadays. It a pity…

I always watch old soviet films with keen pleasure and such masterpieces as “Ivan Vasilievich changes his job”, “Brilliant Hand”, etc. will always be among my favorites. But I was ready to smash my TV-set into bits while watching the remake of “Quietly Flows the Don ” and the sequel of “Irony of Fate, or Enjoy Your Bath!”. I won’t even watch the trailer of the new “Office Romance”. I’m confident that Russians have lost the art of producing good movies. I feel contented only when watching our modern colorful cartoons. They can compete with foreign ones in entertaining value.

For me special effects and the degree of popularity of actors don’t play the main role. All I need to enjoy the viewing is deep atmosphere and the sense of involvement. I don’t find it in present-day Russian films. I now people who are optimistic about our movie industry, I don’t want to try to make them change their minds. I have no right to do this.

One more thing that always drives me wild. You definitely now: nowadays it’s a widely spread practice that Russian TV managers launch projects that have already proved to be extremely popular with broad audience abroad. Almost all shows that we see on central channels originated it the USA. As long as they are amusing, I see no problem in this. BUT!!! What for do Russian producers try to copy the plots of full-length films and soap operas? (Of course, I don’t mean films based on books). Let’s take, for example, the serial “Prison Break”. I was ready to split my sides with laughter when I started to watch the Russian version.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 01.03.2011, 21:05 | Message # 25
Dean
Well, that's just profitable, nothing more. As a result we often see mediocre serials. The funniest thing is the contrast: there appears bright showy commercial that promises us an exciting plot and genuine passions and then...we have extremely low ratings and soon the projet just fades away!

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2011, 09:50 | Message # 26
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Going back to the comedy 'Елки'. Lovefootball) - if you want to have a good time and laugh for about 90 minutes, find time to go to the cinema and watch the movie.
Quote (Nekavaen)
I can’t get the sense of war and action films that are shot in my native country nowadays. It a pity…

Dear my, you sound a bit metaphysical and sceptical! There are a lot of new war movies that are great and will get into the national movie treasure fund: Штрафбат, Апостол, Ликвидация, Поп, В июне 41, Отец, Утомленные солнцем 2... Public opinion differs but it doesn't mean that the movies are a failure. There has been a lot of debate over 'Burnt by the Sun 2'. But I feel that this opinion is lopsided and prejudiced. This is the best movie essay about the war.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 02.03.2011, 20:46 | Message # 27
Dean
As far as films about the war are concerned, I can say that they're just too severe and leadening for me. I don't know the reason, maybe, I am not mature enough for them? And when a friend of mine tells me that she was crying while watching this or that film, any wish to see it simply disappears. But it doesn't mean I don't watch dramas at all.

BlackAngelDate: Tuesday, 15.03.2011, 20:35 | Message # 28
Monitor
Usually we see films either in the cinema or on the TV. But from time to time I go to the cinema.Among different types of films (that is comedy, romantic drama, western, adventure film, police drama or detective film, psychological thriller, horror film, historical film) best of all I like comedy and psychological thriller , because such films are very cheerful and full of life. I don't like horror films and I find them quite disgusting.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 16.03.2011, 19:04 | Message # 29
Dean
Well, it depends on a director but to tell the truth, I can't stand horror films at all. I don't even understand what are they made for. Some adrenalin? New emotions? But they're got affectedly in this case. Besides, the scenes of typical horror films are disgusting...

MetalDrDate: Thursday, 17.03.2011, 17:40 | Message # 30
Monitor
One week ago i watched a new film called I the fourth. It is an action film about space aliens. It takes place in the beautiful american city Paradise. It starts on a sunny day when a woman blew up a small house. Some time later two space aliens who looked like people started to fight with bad aliens who want to kill them and slave the earth.
To sum up, this film interesting in some moments but i think it is a very primitive plot. I don't recomended watching this film in the cinema but you can see it at home if you are interested in this kind of films)

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Any Movie News? (Watch, comment, advise, share)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024