THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 05:07
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Any Movie News? (Watch, comment, advise, share)
Any Movie News?
lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 17.03.2011, 20:41 | Message # 31
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Do you mean you're fed up with films about heroes, bad guys/good guys and miraculous escape?))) Ha-ha, I agree with you completely. I even think that now it isn't enough to collect key actors in order to attract people. I believe that modern film audience seeks unusual plots and a peculiar aprroach to film-making.

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 17.03.2011, 23:46 | Message # 32
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, but it’s so hard to invent an unusual plot nowadays! People have already tried all kinds of scenes, I’m sure. That’s why films (as well as books and computer games) are getting more and more predictable. Still I never give up! I always try to enjoy the actors’ performance, costumes and soundtracks after I’ve already guessed how the story will unfold further.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

ValeriyaDate: Friday, 18.03.2011, 17:48 | Message # 33
Monitor
Awards: 0
The last movie I have watched is "Black Swan". It's a very good film in my opinion. But some of my friends told me that this film was very stupid and boring. I think that this film has a deep philosophical meaning. "Black Swan" is about the life of a ballet-dancer, relationships with her mother and her trainer. I think the main role is fantastic! Natalie Portman has a brilliant role, and "Black Swan" has brought Oscar for her. I think she deserves this prize, because she learned to dance very quickly and, of course, she is a talented actress. I advise you to watch this film, if you want to watch a good film with talented actors.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 18.03.2011, 18:15 | Message # 34
Dean
I don't even have enough words to characterize this movie. To say that it's wonderful and genial is to say nothing. And it required heavy workload of the actors,that's true.
I've just watched the new cartoon "Rango". Wow! I've never seen anything of this kind before. It has nothing to do with traditional cartoons and all these stereotypes and what is more important, it's very useful for grown-ups because the problem of self-identification is really acute. Oh, and the music!!! It suits the movie perfect and creates a wonderful atmosphere from the very beginning.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 22.03.2011, 23:19 | Message # 35
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I heard that in the original version of the cartoon Johnny Depp speaks for the main hero. I like Johnny Depp very much because he’s one of those actors who can play any role. He’s talent is unique, his voice is perfect. When I have time, I’ll watch “Rango” in English on the Internet.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 23.03.2011, 20:20 | Message # 36
Dean
That's true!!! But even when you can't hear his voice, his presence is felt, I mean if it wasn't a cartoon, Johnny Depp would be the most appropriate actor for the main part. Rango possesses some features and even oddities that are typical of Depp's characters. His style is unique and unmistakable.

BlackAngelDate: Friday, 06.05.2011, 17:53 | Message # 37
Monitor
The last movie (action) I have watched is "Fast Five.This film about racers who stole $1000000 million at the famous drug lord.I liked it very much.

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 01:19 | Message # 38
Monitor
Why do you need the latest news/films?I haven't watched all the classic i want to watch:all the parts of "Aliens", "Predator", besides I'm doing to watch all the bondiana-22 films, so I have what to watch, but don't have enough time...
Besides nowadays you can hardly find a movie worth wathing...

Metus, dolor, mors ac formidines

Message edited by 2Young - Thursday, 12.05.2011, 09:30

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 09:18 | Message # 39
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Quote (2Young)
Besides niwadays you can hardly find a movie worth wathing...

Nonsense! There are a lot. E.g. the new movie 'King's Speech' is great stuff! The latest Russian comedy 'Eлки' is an excellent comedy show! Why do you keep saying that there's nothing worth watching? It seems you are stricken by and obsessed with heavy popular stereotypes. I wonder what influences your viewing choices!

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 09:44 | Message # 40
Monitor
The same as with theatres biggrin I'm not saying, that all the movies are bad. I'm saying that i don't like them. Have you seen "Wanted"? I love this film, but not for i's special effects, not for Angelina Jolie, not for those bullet flights, but for the storyline. A usual clerk, manager, who suffers from the same routine, takes his life and changes it, becomes stronger than fate, finds powers to show, what he is actually. Yeah, that's the film I like. Not a film just for laughing as modern comedies, not some historical film or something like that, but a film for thinking. You can take "Matrix" as an example too. At least the 1st part. There are special effects, but the film isn't built on them.

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 13.05.2011, 13:44 | Message # 41
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
It's such fun to read your contradicting thoghts: first, you say
Quote (2Young)
Besides nowadays you can hardly find a movie worth wathing
; but then you say
Quote (2Young)
I'm not saying, that all the movies are bad. I'm saying that i don't like them.

Never mind, though! I back up your point that you make about Matrix and Wanted - Incredible! Excellent!
One question: what do you think about Avatar? If you have a lot to say, you can start a new thread then.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 13.05.2011, 19:30 | Message # 42
Dean
Teacher, and you've watched Avatar? The point is that I haven't...it was so much fuss about it but I didn't have the slightest wish to go to the cinema (I don't know why).Did I miss anything great? At the same time my friend's brother watched it 5 times!!! I guess it must be not less than a masterpiece if people were so keen on it)))) As for modern films,2Young, I think you just limit yourself with films "recommend" for watching (still it doesn't mean that they're forced on us or that they're of no value!). There is a HUGE choice of authors, low-budget and alternative movies.Besides, a lot of beginners appear in them and you have an opportunity to retrace their development.

2YoungDate: Monday, 16.05.2011, 01:20 | Message # 43
Monitor
lovefootball),I watched Avatar. It is not a bad film, still I can't say I liked it. All the film has is a love story, a war between "the good guys" and "the bad guys", lot's of special effects. It tells us an old story of a forbidden love. So, it's a film made for everyone and for no one at the same time. It didn't give me anything to think about.

Message edited by 2Young - Monday, 16.05.2011, 01:21

AsyaDate: Monday, 16.05.2011, 06:09 | Message # 44
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
I think the main reason for my liking "Avatar" is the fact that it is really beautiful. The graphics is tremendous! The actors' play is also perfect, so I was in raptures when saw the movie for the first time.
2Young, I can't say that it has taught me something but still I insist that it is worth watching. It's quality can't even be compared to the quality of many other films shown in the cinema.

2YoungDate: Monday, 16.05.2011, 19:33 | Message # 45
Monitor
Beautiful picture instead of sence? It's like an illusion instead of the truth. As for me, I wouldn't watch a film only for graphics. I'd better watch a film with no graphic but with sence, some classics, for example.

Message edited by 2Young - Monday, 16.05.2011, 19:33

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Any Movie News? (Watch, comment, advise, share)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024