THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 02:31
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Any Movie News? (Watch, comment, advise, share)
Any Movie News?
Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 18.09.2010, 09:51 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Folks! Really often busy and never follow the latest events in cinematography. Are there any new good movies to watch?

8davids8Date: Saturday, 18.09.2010, 16:48 | Message # 2
Union organizer
As ever NO. Try to watch the latest festival movies anyway.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 18.09.2010, 19:25 | Message # 3
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I've heard that a film about Freddie Mercury will be made...

RinaDate: Saturday, 18.09.2010, 20:09 | Message # 4
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
The situation in the cinemas is... pitiful. I often go there with my best friend, not to watch a good movie, but to spend time somewhere. Modern cinemas tend to entertain the masses, the movies that are shown there are “just for fun”. If you want to enjoy a splendid product of cinematography, surf the Inet.

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 20.09.2010, 11:48 | Message # 5
Dean
Need advice...should I start with Hollywood productions or feast on Italian, British, French, German or Japanese ones? I want to do extensive watching to know if filmmaking has changed for the last decade...Will there be any discoveries, I wonder?

8davids8Date: Monday, 20.09.2010, 12:45 | Message # 6
Union organizer
I would try not to recommend the US movies. They can't make fest films, and their entertainment films became only worse in my opinion. They make dozens of good pictures in Europe now, try something. I don't know if it's possible to buy them in the city actualy. Which nice films have I watched lately? I may recommend you Izgnanie, but this is a Russian product (i just can't escape from russian cinema, it's just mine). Another nice thing is Lebanon, quite an unusual manner of filming. Try also The Ghost Writer, a new film by Roman Polanski, a pure European stuff. Moreover, it was released on DVD on the 2nd of Sept.

still_illDate: Wednesday, 27.10.2010, 19:24 | Message # 7
Student
Awards: 0
Teacher,I'd like to recommend you a couple of movies to watch!
"500 days of Summer",fascinating and amusing story,talented actors,nice soundtrack.And "Nowhere Boy",about John Lennon's early years.
If you check out even one of them and enjoy it,I'll be very very pleased. biggrin

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 27.10.2010, 20:39 | Message # 8
Dean
Thanks for the advice, will go for the first title '500 days of summer'. Sounds intriguing, really. You could as well post your review of the movie in the movie blog or in the essays section (find reviews option). Thanks again.

still_illDate: Thursday, 28.10.2010, 20:34 | Message # 9
Student
Nevermind.
And about the review,I certainly will post it.Thank you )

By the way,I forgot to mention Michel Gondry,he's famous for his so-called visual style.What a great director!I'm just in love with his works."Human Nature","The Science of Sleep","Be Kind Rewind" and sure "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

RinaDate: Friday, 29.10.2010, 00:00 | Message # 10
Awards: 4
'500 days of summer'... Yes, I watched it a couple of weeks ago. A very nice one, not a masterpiece, but is worth watching. If you like "Ameli" and "Love me if you dare", you'll also like "500 days"

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 19.12.2010, 21:52 | Message # 11
Union organizer
Something should be mentioned about films that can be watched in cinema now. Has anyone watched Rapunzel? It is animation cartoon and IT'S GREAT! really funny! it's not just for kids but also for young at heart and its jokes are hilarious! But if you want to go with children, you will make the right choice: a lot of songs, bright colours and a lack of “delicate issues”. Enjoy it!

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 23.12.2010, 20:17 | Message # 12
Dean
I LOVE IT! It's so funny,touching, nice and thought-provoking! Perfect! Though the plot may seem rather traditional at first sight, the characters are so vivid, sincere and unusual that they manage to create unforgettable atmosphere. At the same time it's obvious that the story raises acute social problems especially those concerning family.

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 06.01.2011, 15:01 | Message # 13
Dean
I have recently watched the new Russian movie called 'Елки". I liked it so much that I am still advising my friends to go and watch it. I have watched and heard such nice humor, such an axcellent simple story that I haven't seen for a long time! If you want to spend an hour and a half laughing with your friend, go!

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 11.01.2011, 16:44 | Message # 14
Dean
Really? I've heard that it's rather nice and funny but some of my friends haven't become enthusiastic over all the actors. Was the acting good? I mean young actors.

NadyaDate: Monday, 31.01.2011, 17:29 | Message # 15
Group: Moders
The last movie (cartoon) I have watched is "Три богатыря и Шамаханская царица". I liked it very much. This is a really funny cartoon. Especially I liked the horse, I laughed at it so much! And have you watched it?? if you haven't, I advise to watch it smile

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Any Movie News? (Watch, comment, advise, share)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024