THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 12:27
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Literature » Advantages of reading as a hobby
Advantages of reading as a hobby
mrsbukaleDate: Tuesday, 25.09.2012, 23:28 | Message # 46
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Last time reading became dull routine for me because we are to read unpleasant things in the University. I want to read books I want but I don't have time because I have to read in English. It's very useful, I know it, but it's good when you read the things you are interested in but not the things you are forced to.

Message edited by mrsbukale - Tuesday, 25.09.2012, 23:28

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 01:39 | Message # 47
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
What year are you in now?

mrsbukaleDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 12:05 | Message # 48
Monitor
Now I'm a 4th year student. We read Dickens The Pickwick Papers and then we have to read The Bleak House. Reading it is a real routine for me because I read it with clenched teeth.

AsyaDate: Sunday, 07.10.2012, 01:29 | Message # 49
Awards: 6
We also had to read "Bleak House" (just the first 200-300 pages). And... though it was not that easy (Dickens remains Dickens tongue ) I realised I liked him. And quite a few people in my group felt the same. His language is really fascinating... To my (our) mind, at least...

Little_MuDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 17:53 | Message # 50
Union organizer
I like reading very much. I cannot imagine my life without reading. And I don't understand people who don't like to read books. My parents have instilled in me a love of reading from early childhood. And I try to give it to my children. I think that reading is the most important hobby in our life. It opens all doors in front of you.

ZhgutikDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 21:48 | Message # 51
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Little_Mu,
I like reading very much. I cannot imagine my life without reading. And I don't understand people who don't like to read books. My parents have instilled in me a love of reading from early childhood. And I try to give it to my children. I think that reading is the most important hobby in our life. It opens all doors in front of you.

What kind of books do you prefer?
Do you like horror stories?
How often do you read books?

Little_MuDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 12:04 | Message # 52
Union organizer
(Zhgutik)

I prefer fantasy books. Do you like this kind of books? So, I don't like horror stories. I read books every day. And you?

ValerkaDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 13:39 | Message # 53
In my opinion, books are our friends. smile When i feel derpessed, books help me!!! Sometimes i think that books can speak. They really support me in some situations. What do you think about it?

ZhgutikDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 22:18 | Message # 54
Union organizer
Little_Mu,
(Zhgutik)

I prefer fantasy books. Do you like this kind of books? So, I don't like horror stories. I read books every day. And you?

I like fantasy books too=) I read books only when I have enough free time.

Johnny_BravoDate: Friday, 04.01.2013, 18:49 | Message # 55
Union organizer
(Valerka)
In my opinion, books are our friends. When i feel derpessed, books help me!!! Sometimes i think that books can speak. They really support me in some situations. What do you think about it?

What genres do you prefer? Do yo like fantasy?

FoxyTDate: Friday, 04.01.2013, 23:04 | Message # 56
Reading is my hobby. happy I can read all day long. Each book is a new world. I'm interested in different genres. But most of all I love fantasy, mysteries and modern prose. Recently, I was fascinated by the works of Pelevin. Especially the trilogy Generation P.

Nastay62rusDate: Tuesday, 08.01.2013, 07:08 | Message # 57
Union organizer
I think that books remain forever. though every day modern gadgets force out books

PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 06.02.2013, 21:50 | Message # 58
Head teacher
Quote (FoxyT)
Recently, I was fascinated by the works of Pelevin. Especially the trilogy Generation P.

I heard about this book. It's something about politics,is not it? Can you tell me about this book in a few words and your opinion about it ?
Do you prefer to read books by Russian writers or foreign writers?

Added (06.02.2013, 21:50)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Little_Mu)
Мои родители привили мне любовь к чтению с раннего детства.

Do you remember your first book ? Do you think modern people began to read less in general ? What is your favourite Russian writer ?

ValerieTrDate: Friday, 08.02.2013, 21:57 | Message # 59
Quote (FoxyT)
Recently, I was fascinated by the works of Pelevin. Especially the trilogy Generation P.

I've seen the film adaptation of "Generation P". This film is directed by Victor Ginzburg. Have you seen it? If so, what do you think about it?

ValerkaDate: Saturday, 09.02.2013, 15:27 | Message # 60
Quote (Johnny_Bravo)
What genres do you prefer? Do yo like fantasy?

I prefer reading different novels and dramas!!! To tell the truth, i don't like fantasy!! But i sometimes can read it!!! smile

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Literature » Advantages of reading as a hobby
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024