THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 23:36
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » tastes differ) (Here's a poll 'bout the music we prefere)
tastes differ)
What kind(s) of musiс do you prefer?
1. Classical [ 11 ] [30.56%]
2. Rock [ 19 ] [52.78%]
3. Pop [ 9 ] [25.00%]
4. Folk(World) [ 3 ] [8.33%]
5. Alternative [ 5 ] [13.89%]
6. Dance(Electro) [ 5 ] [13.89%]
7. Metal [ 8 ] [22.22%]
8. Jazz [ 10 ] [27.78%]
9. Blues(Soul) [ 4 ] [11.11%]
10. Funk [ 2 ] [5.56%]
Answers total: 36
NadyaDate: Monday, 21.02.2011, 11:38 | Message # 76
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Yes, I also know Vanilla Sky, the guys are very talented, so I like their covers too. But unfortunately I haven't heard about Vitamin String Quartet. I should listen to their songs, I'm sure I will like them! smile

NikkyDate: Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 21:45 | Message # 77
Course monitor
Group: Users
Quote (kuroi_NekO)
I tell you about my impressions when I listen to it)

Ok happy I hope you'll like it
Quote (kuroi_NekO)
Besides, as for Vanilla Sky, they are very sucessfull now. I don't know any group which makes covers and has so many fans)

Yes, they are .
I like their "Umbrella" cover very much happy

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 23.02.2011, 18:29 | Message # 78
Group: Moders
I agree with you about the cover "Umbrella". But in my opinion another cover is really better - "Just dance". I have recently heard it on the radio. I really liked it happy
Have you heard it?

Message edited by Nadya - Wednesday, 23.02.2011, 18:31

NikkyDate: Tuesday, 27.09.2011, 20:55 | Message # 79
Course monitor
Quote (Nadya)
Have you heard it?

No, but I'll listen it smile
By the way, can you name some other their songs which you like?

Added (27.09.2011, 20:55)
---------------------------------------------
I was just looking trough my music folders on computer and 've founded a band which I loved a lot. "Red" - is an american alternative group. It may be compared with "Linkin Park" band they're similar but at the same time different. Does anybody know them? happy

RosebudDate: Thursday, 05.04.2012, 22:53 | Message # 80
Monitor
Though I prefer pop and classical music to others, sometimes I can listen to other genres. It depends on my mood. When I was 13 years old, I was interested in rock and I listened to Rammstein wacko At school we even made a dance to their songs. Then I liked to listen to arabic music.)) In general, in each genre of music one can find smth special.

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:05 | Message # 81
Monitor
Awards: 1
I like different kinds of music, but nowadays I like pop music and rap most of all, but sometimes I can listen to classical music, because I went to the music school when I was a child and I can play guitar and know a lot of classical music. But actually I believe that tastes differ and all the people prefer that kind of music what is closer to their soul smile

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 12:38 | Message # 82
Monitor
I can`t say than I like to listen to post rock, but there are some facts:
Post-rock is a subgenre of rock music characterized by the influence and use of instruments commonly associated with rock, but using rhythms and "guitars as facilitators of timbre and textures" not traditionally found in rock. Post-rock musicians often produce instrumental music.
Don Caballero and Tortoise were among the more prominent bands described as post-rock in the 1990s, but their styles are very different, despite being instrumental bands centered on guitars and drums. As such, the term has been the subject of backlash from listeners and artists alike.
Although firmly rooted in the indie or underground scene of the 1980s and early '90s, post-rock's style often bears little resemblance musically to that of contemporary indie rock.
Early precedents:
Post-rock appears to take a heavy influence from late 1960s U.S. group The Velvet Underground and their "dronology" — "a term that loosely describes fifty percent of today's post rock activity".
British group Public Image Ltd (PiL) were also pioneers, described by the NME as "arguably the first post-rock group". Their second album Metal Box (1979) almost completely abandoned traditional rock and roll structures in favor of dense, repetitive dub- and krautrock-inspired soundscapes and John Lydon's cryptic, stream-of-consciousness lyrics. The year before Metal Box was released, PiL bassist Jah Wobble declared, "rock is obsolete". Flowers of Romance (1981), their third album, was an even more radical departure, emphasizing rattling percussion and abstract tape music.

IrinaDate: Sunday, 27.05.2012, 16:35 | Message # 83
Monitor
Music plays a big role in our life. Can you think of a day without it? We hear music everywhere: in the street in shops, in parks and at home. Music follows us from childhood and we can't live without it. We listen to music when we are happy or sad, we dance to it and we learn to play music, too. Music is not a combination of sounds, it is art. There are a lot of kinds of music: classical music, jazz, popular music or pop-music, rock and club music. I prefer pop-music. I have no favorite pop group. I just listen to the songs and melodies I like.

NiakrisDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 02:18 | Message # 84
Monitor
I can't imagine my life without musik. I always carry an MP3-player in my pocket. But if to speak about kinds of music, I can't single out only one favourite kind. I can listen to different music, it all depends on my mood. When I'm calm and want some rest, I listen to classical and folk music. When I feel excitement, I choose rock or metal. When I want to think over my problems, I listen to rap. It's not very important. The main thing is to enjoy the music you listen to.

ValerieTrDate: Sunday, 23.09.2012, 16:34 | Message # 85
Group: Reliable
Quote (Nikky)
I like their "Umbrella" cover very much

I've heard it)) It's a pretty good cover))

mrsbukaleDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 12:25 | Message # 86
Monitor
After voting I was a little bit shocked that the biggest part of people prefer rock. I don't have smth against it but I can't listen to it. It seems to be like a noise it's impossible to concentrate listening to it.

Little_MuDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 21:47 | Message # 87
Union organizer
I prefer rock music) I cannot explain why this type of music I like the most. I think that every person has his own taste and his own favorite music. So, I never criticize people's taste in music.

:)Date: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 23:53 | Message # 88
Union organizer
I prefer pop and hip hop music.But I can listen different misic.All people have their own tasties.

Little_MuDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 12:23 | Message # 89
Union organizer
(:))
I prefer pop and hip hop music.

What do you think about rock or alternative music?

ValerieTrDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 22:39 | Message # 90
Group: Reliable
(Little_Mu)
I prefer rock music) I cannot explain why this type of music I like the most. I think that every person has his own taste and his own favorite music. So, I never criticize people's taste in music.

What's your favourite group? Do you have a favourite song? Do you like Russian music?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » tastes differ) (Here's a poll 'bout the music we prefere)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024