THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 05.05.2024, 04:48
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Do you listen to radio?
Do you listen to radio?
NadyaDate: Monday, 24.01.2011, 19:16 | Message # 31
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Ohh I think it would be bad..As for me, I always listen to the radio when I go somewhere by car. So I hope that we won't forget about this kind of mass media!

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 25.01.2011, 15:40 | Message # 32
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Why should we forget about it? Because of the overplus of information? Maybe, it's a problem but at the same time it makes people be more particular. I even think that there can appear new, more narrowly-specialized,radio stations.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 25.01.2011, 16:32 | Message # 33
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Who knows, maybe, some day we'll have special radio stations for our pets. People have already started to produce music for animals. It contains sounds that are indiscernible or meaningless to human ears but are extremely pleasant for dogs and cats.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 26.01.2011, 10:37 | Message # 34
Dean
I'm not sure they will be able to provide a benefit. I think such innovations are just a tribute of fashion,not more. Anyway, people rather please themselves than their pets inventing more and more ways of entertaining animals.

NadyaDate: Monday, 31.01.2011, 17:19 | Message # 35
I don't think that there will be radio stations for our pet, but I know that more and more pet owners turn on different kinds of music (especially classical music) to make their pets relax. For example, farm workers turn on classical music (like Mozart) to get more milk from cows. Is it so productive? I would like to read more about such cases, do you know anything like this?

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 01.02.2011, 21:52 | Message # 36
Dean
I think it's really useful though to someone it may seem ridiculus. A lot of us just underestimate the power of the proper mood no matter who is concerned - people or animals. Pregnant women do the same thing for their future children and it's well-known that plants grow faster when you talk to them.

NadyaDate: Sunday, 06.02.2011, 11:22 | Message # 37
Yes, I also know about the experiment when scientists put two glasses of water on the table and turned on different kinds of music (classical and after that rock music). And when scientists froze water, they saw that crystals of water were very different. So water just "remembered" the music.

NekavaenDate: Friday, 11.02.2011, 10:44 | Message # 38
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Nadya, I've also watched the film about experiments with water. I was amazed by the fact that water crystals were able to remember not only melodies, but also separate words. Water reacted to the meaning! How different the crystals for the words "harmony" and "Hitler" were!

When I was a child, I read an article about an interesting experiment that was carried out on a farm. Two types of music – classical and rock melodies – were offered for long-run listening to cows and pigs. The results were amazing and unpredictable because it had always been believed that only classical music helps to relax and makes all living creatures mentally and physically healthier.

The cows really enjoyed Bach, Beethoven and Mozart. Their appetite and milk yield increased rapidly, the sleep became deeper and longer. But with the first accords of rock music the animals started to be surprisingly anxious. They wanted to run away from these sounds and struggled to get free from their cage.

BUT!!! The pigs slept and ate better after listening to AC\DC! And when the disks with masterpieces of classical composers were brought and put into the recorder, the animals started to beat each other aggressively.

These results show that animals may also have some music preferences. The question is: are these tastes inborn and predetermined by affiliation to a certain species or formed during the lifetime and tend to be definitely individual? Maybe, it’s a coincidence that all cows on the farm liked classical music, but in the nearest village there were similar animals who liked hard rhythms.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 11.02.2011, 17:04 | Message # 39
Dean
Wow, that's very interesting, I thought that any quiet and placatory music could exert a healthy influence on animals! Still I can't say for sure whether they really have preferences in the direct meaning of the word. Maybe, certain melodies just resemble vaguely some sounds of nature?

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 12.02.2011, 09:29 | Message # 40
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
lovefootball), No, it's not about the sounds of nature. The girls have mentioned the movie 'Water' and the main thesis in it was that water molecules can absorb and transmit information! Information can be positive or negative.
One of the ways of transmission is a natural molecular restructuring of 'damaged' molecules into 'renewed molecules' with a correct upgraded structure and a positive energy. Since a physical body is made up of water molecules, these molecules, being receptive to physical sounds or mechanical power, respond to such sounds in different ways.
Any soothing bright melody affects the water molecules and passes information to the molecules that causes them to get a 'right' structure.
When the water structures in our bodies are broken, we feel sick. When we restore the water structures, we feel good. The problem is that we know nothing of it and continue with all sorts of experiments instead of understanding that this knowledge was given to us as an inborn capacity by God.
E.g., when we hear somebody say, "Please, don't shout! Please, don't get nervous! Please, don't be angry!", we should really understand that this is all about how not break the 'right' water structures in our body! When the structures are corrupted, the body receives this negative information and feels sick.
Naturally, the water molecules live and are capable of self-restructuring under certain 'right' physical conditions. Silence or music therapies are mainly used for these reasons. Well, reading poetry aloud has a similar positive effect on water structures. The same happens when one listens to or says a prayer. Believing in God, among many things, means that you understand the healing power of water molecules that requires one type of food - Peace!
Unfortunately, such knowledge is usually ignored by civilization that needs economic superiority, rapid technological progress in all possible areas to equip masses with devices and things.
Ironically, no technology is able to restore water molecules in our body. Technology can be used to operate on sick people, to cut out a sick organ, to pull out a bad tooth, to implant new hair....
Using this analogy, we can understand the main factors that affect negatively the water molecules in our organism.

Well, for those who find it interesting to explore the topic of 'water' in more depth, please go to "A Gentle Introduction to Water and Its Structure" at http://www.chem1.com/acad/sci/aboutwater.html

P.S.: I am sorry to have deviated from the subject of the forum. If you want to continue this discussion, please go to our 'The Science of Water' forum at http://groupa.ucoz.co.uk/forum/9-250-1

LuckDate: Sunday, 13.02.2011, 20:12 | Message # 41
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Well, speaking about the radio, I want to say that I do like listening to it, and I actually listen to the radio for the most part of the day. I like listening to music but I also listen to some "voice" programmes very often. But I should say that in most cases people who work on the radio cannot find good topics for discussion. Usually it's just something about the life of some singers, a discussion about something stupid that happened in the middle of nowhere...So we switch the radio on and listen to such things that are impossible to listen to! But anyway, I don't want to say that everything is so horrible in that sphere since some pretty good talk-shows still exist. As for the radio for our pets, I do believe it's the craziest idea I've ever heard. Maybe there will be one station on the radio one day, but it will definitely be not so popular, or maybe someone like P. Hilton and her pets will be its fans.

BlackAngelDate: Friday, 06.05.2011, 17:41 | Message # 42
Monitor
I listening to Europa+ and Russian radio.i always listen to the radio in the car or go home.Listening to the radio is always fun.

MissJaneDate: Monday, 06.06.2011, 10:05 | Message # 43
Union organizer
Well, I've been quite keen on listening to the radio so far but now I realize I like it less with every passing day. I don't know whether my tastes have changed radically, or the radio stations have become incredibly dull..but every time I turn on the radio, I start switching from one station to another and still I can't find anything that suits my mood. The only useful program is about the traffic jams on "Dorozhnoe Radio" because it keeps you informed and helps you choose your route.
If one needs to listen to some analytical programs about the situation in the world, then it's definitely BBC radio. However, you'll have to get a free Internet access for it.

LuckDate: Tuesday, 07.06.2011, 00:38 | Message # 44
Union organizer
Awards: 5
Yes, BBC radio is quite good, and they have some funny programmes there as well. I am speaking about these funny programmes because I myself usually listen to the radio just for fun. I do not like political or analytical or some other programmes of this kind. I like it that I can laugh together with people who run the programme. And some BBC-workers do make me laugh because they manage to touch upon very spicy things.

MegastarostaDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2011, 00:26 | Message # 45
Union organizer
Awards: 2
I listen to radio less. Sometimes when my father picks me up from the university our my art school we listen to different radio stations. Such as Europe + or Russian Radio.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Do you listen to radio?
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024