THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 29.03.2024, 16:26
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » Why do people cry?
Why do people cry?
TeacherDate: Monday, 31.05.2010, 10:48 | Message # 31
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Cherry, I think you should realize what is really worth crying and what is not.

In Vino Veritas...

CherryDate: Monday, 31.05.2010, 20:08 | Message # 32
Monitor
Group: Users
I can`t understand what you mean...Explain me, please

TeacherDate: Monday, 31.05.2010, 20:53 | Message # 33
Head teacher
Cherry, everyday we face many phenomena of our life. Most of them are neutral. There are positive and negative ones also. So, you should understand that, for example, in case of facing neutral phenomena it's useless to cry. If you face something negative it's useless to cry, because all the problems must be settled and all the difficulties must be coped with as soon as it is possible without tears. And at last, if you face something positive what's the use of crying? If everything good, then just smile and try to save this goodness as long as you can.

In Vino Veritas...

CherryDate: Monday, 31.05.2010, 22:18 | Message # 34
Monitor
I understand it, but sometimes I can`t control them. I don`t know where they appear from.. I don`t want to cry, but one moment I realise that I am crying... And i can`t stop my tears... What is the reason? I can`t answer this question.

Message edited by Cherry - Monday, 31.05.2010, 22:19

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 31.05.2010, 23:31 | Message # 35
Dean
Awards: 3
Oh, I understand you)) Sometimes I have the same problem. Maybe you should train somehow? Or read a book on psychology? The point is that people around us are not interested in our troubles and our tears irritate them!
Seagull, I can't agree with you. People do cry when they're happy! But the tears are different of course.

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 10:16 | Message # 36
Dean
Awards: 2
Well, it all happens because we are often vulnerable and too sensitive. This is quite natural and there is nothing bad about it. Since crying is usually considered an antimate thing, don't show it to others if you can avoid it. If it happens to you so often, it means that you are going through a transitional phase, from being so open-hearted, naive and emotional to being well-balanced, thoughtful and considerate.

LuckDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 10:51 | Message # 37
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Quite often men even don't realize that they can hurt with words. But actually this is not bad, because maybe women and men have a little bit different "views" and when they do not coincide with each other men tend to think that only their opinion is right. So women just have to agree. But again, this is not so bad, this is just the truth of our life.

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 21:54 | Message # 38
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (lovefootball))
The point is that people around us are not interested in our troubles and our tears irritate them!

I wouldn't say that. If I see a person crying I'm not irritated. On the contrary, I want to help. And if it is my friend, I become really worried. But my problem is that when I cry I want nobody to notice that. And when people begin to pay attention to it I feel very ashamed and absolutely helpless.

RinaDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 22:25 | Message # 39
Awards: 4
Quote (Asya)
If I see a person crying I'm not irritated. On the contrary, I want to help. And if it is my friend, I become really worried.

Yes, absolutely agree. When your friend or somebody you like is crying it doesn't irritate, it worries and makes you think how to help this person. But sometimes I come across the following situation: a girl (Thanks God, I've never met boys who used this pathetic way of achieving their aims).... so, a girl is crying in order to make somebody do something she wants. Or she begins to cry to make other people feel sorry for her and help her. So, her tears are just a sourse of gaining what she wants. Really, these girls irritate and annoy me so much! They seem so pitiful! I DO dissaprove of such kind of behaviour and I can't but disrespect them.

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 22:29 | Message # 40
Quote (Rina)
I DO dissaprove of such kind of behaviour and I can't but disrespect them.

Completely agree with you. They say tears are a weapon of a woman. I don't think so. It's indecent, to my mind, to behave like that. Tears are a private thing, something nobody should know about. And crying ON PURPOSE is unacceptable for me. I don't understand such people and tend not to make friends with them.

RinaDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 22:42 | Message # 41
Quote (Asya)
Tears are a private thing,

Yes, as I've once heard "Nobody should see your tears except your pillow"

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 22:45 | Message # 42
A good saying. The pillow really becomes your best friend when you have a need to cry.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 23:49 | Message # 43
Dean
Awards: 3
Oh, I don't mean everyone is indifferent to tears! But I can't imagine much compassion at an office, for example.
I agree with you, when tears are private, they can really heal.

MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 11:02 | Message # 44
Union organizer
Awards: 2
Quote (lovefootball))
"Don't show your weakness, you're a woman.

Hmm, actually my teachers told me the same. But. We are all different, we all have different character, thoughts, health and so on. I think it is not right to say that. Some people are very strict and strong, some not, some people can hold their tears, some not.

RinaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 20:55 | Message # 45
Quote (lovefootball))
But I can't imagine much compassion at an office, for example.

Oh, now I get your idea)))) Yes, here you are absolutely right. it all depends on the circumstances and people that surround you. By the way office is not a place to show your emotions - here people work, not cry.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » Why do people cry?
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024