THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 25.04.2024, 10:13
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » Why do people cry?
Why do people cry?
lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 21:02 | Message # 46
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
That's true)) But who knows what might happen.
Megastarosta, I think you're right. Maybe our teachers meant that when we cry, we become vulnerable. So they just wanted to protect us.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Friday, 06.05.2011, 17:26 | Message # 47
Course monitor
Awards: 0
I think people cry because of different reasons and situations.Some people cry when they feel depressed or lonely,some cry when they feel angry.
Personally I cry very seldom.I have not reasons for it.But sometimes,when I get into troubles I cry because I feel like nothing.It is very unpleasant.

TanyaDate: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 20:09 | Message # 48
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
Yes, there are many reasons why people produce tears. Some people are cutting up an onion or suffering from seasonal allergies and their eyes may be brimming with tears. But It is not an emotional crying. Emotional tears are produced in the grip of extreme emotions: sadness, anger, and sometimes even laughter. Tears how to say can help to direct one's emotions outward. It is useful to free oneself from negative emotions and tears help us to do it.

RinaDate: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 22:32 | Message # 49
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Tanya, you've mentioned one interesting fact. A lot was said about crying because of grief or overwhelming happyness, but you've said that the reasn for crying can be laughter. And do you usually laugh until you cry? I guess that only really funny jokes and very good mood can lead to this situation biggrin And that's great!

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 23:55 | Message # 50
Union organizer
Some people are afraid of tears. "Don't cry! Stop it!" and they look like they see a person who is dying, not crying. Probably they feel that it is they who are weak because they can do nothing about other person's tears. Or perhaps tears indicate profound and strong emotions and such people understand they are unable to feel the same.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 23.07.2011, 19:00 | Message # 51
Dean
As a rule, it's not this person's fault...I mean it's not more that just a stereotype for the most part, I'm absolutely sure. Maybe, he/she wasn't so reserved and intolerant in childhood but the constant influence of parents (relatives, teachers, neighbours...) did its part. Fancy having to bear glances of reproof or what is even worse mockery from the adults that surround you. It's more than enough for a child or a teenager who is still so much dependent on his parents' opinion, support and approval though he tries to conceal the fact by all means possible) That's why it's extremely important to be as delicate as possible.

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 30.03.2012, 15:40 | Message # 52
Monitor
Awards: 1
I think crying is one of the most important things in our life,cause we can't live without expressing our emotions and feelings and crying is the most effective way to express one's emotions and the easiest one. And it doesn't matter who cries a man,a woman or a child.I suppose we shouldn't laught at those men who can't keep their feelings in their minds and souls and it's easier for them to show it,but not all men can show their emotions even to their nearest and dearest...so we should perceive it as something unusual,cause all the people have emotions,I hope)

GoldilocksDate: Sunday, 01.04.2012, 19:24 | Message # 53
Monitor
Crying helps us to get rid of our negative emotions. Sometimes it helps us to get what we want (especially it works for women). As for me, I feel a bit ashamed when people see me crying but i think people shouldn't be afraid of tears.

LeoDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 09:15 | Message # 54
Monitor
Tears flowing from our eyes in moments of joy and sorrow, in times of stress or of sacred love, make it easier not only our bodies but our souls, to help cope with stress and thereby allow our hearts to keep emotions. The data of modern science suggests that sometimes, when it becomes necessary, you should cry and not be ashamed of their tears. Tears heal the tears back to life, the tears washed and purify the soul.

Nikky0638Date: Friday, 06.04.2012, 00:13 | Message # 55
Monitor
All people are different and everybody has absolutely different emotional range. It means people cry for different reasons. Somebody cries from big shocks, another from the grief, also it may be pinprick. There are people who are very sensitive and the most emotionally developed such people are crying from happiness ( it concerns me))). We can weep from the beauty, from awareness of all that is beautiful. Someone does not cry at all. Will-power, self-control and character play an important role in it. But the most important is an ability to feel and not an ability to express these feelings. Some feelings can not be expressed, people can only feel them.

Angel757Date: Friday, 06.04.2012, 15:36 | Message # 56
Monitor
As for me, I'm a very emotional person and I think it's really very good) emotions help us to express our feelings and thoughts, our attitude to people and things, which are around us.

JennyDate: Monday, 16.04.2012, 10:57 | Message # 57
Student
Of course, all people are different and all of them cry in different situations. Somebody thinks that crying is equel to shame. But i don't think so really. When we store our feelings and emotions inside, sooner or later we let them go out anyway. But is it reasonably to put up with your emotions for so long?
As for me, i cry very often. A sad book or a movie - and i'm all in tears. But when i have some problems with my real life it's very hard for me to cry. Idk why it is so. Every little thing can make me cry, and when i'm really unhappy i can't press out any teardrop.

strawberryDate: Monday, 16.04.2012, 13:11 | Message # 58
Monitor
Let your tears come. Let them water your soul. ~Eileen Mayhew

I cry more than I'd like to admit. It's particularly annoying when it's over something seemingly insignificant like hurt feelings or a failed task. why do we cry? we are happy or sad. But that's too simplistic. ''Crying is a natural emotional response to certain feelings, usually sadness and hurt. But then people cry under other circumstances and occasions" on the one hand it`s natural to cry when we feel regret or happy. But we should control our emotions, the states of our mind and organism. To my mind u can cry. It`s not a crime. But do it, when u are alone. Don`t be an actor who wants others pay attention. Be cleverer, learn to control your feelings

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 04.05.2012, 10:33 | Message # 59
Monitor
People don`t cry, it`s their soul that cries. Our emotions are our main arm. To be an emotional person means to attract attention. Those who can use their emotions are very vivid people who are usually in the center of all`s attention. Even if a person cries, he is an object of other`s attention. It`s not bad it`s just a state of soul that helps a person to feel the future happiness.

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 12:52 | Message # 60
Monitor
Three types of tears are generated by the human eye. Basal tears protect the eye and keep it moist. Reflex tears flush out the eye when it becomes irritated. And emotional tears flow in response to sadness, distress, or physical pain.

Studies have shown that emotional tears contain more manganese, an element that affects temperament, and more prolactin, a hormone that regulates milk production. Sobbing out manganese and prolactin is thought to relieve tension by balancing the body’s stress levels and eliminating build ups of the chemicals, making the crier feel better.

But this minor physiological benefit aside, the most likely reason we produce emotional tears is because it’s a means of communication. Before babies can speak, they can cry. The only way for infants to express frustration, pain, fear, or need is to cry. Adults may use crying to bond with other humans. Expressing sadness can prompt comfort and support from peers. Different languages can provide barriers to spoken communication, but emotions are universal. There are also culturally acceptable reasons for crying that bring people together, such as at funerals or weddings.

Though there is a significant debate over whether animals have emotions and can express them, some animals do appear to cry for emotional reasons. Elephants seem to grieve when a family member dies and will guard the body and travel long distances to view it. Elephant experts at the London Zoo once told Charles Darwin that the animals do indeed mourn. Chimpanzees also appear to cry, but some scientists still insist that the tears released by these animals are strictly for cleaning the eye.

Whether or not animals shed tears for emotional reasons has yet to be scientifically proven. Humans, however, can and do dissolve into tears for any number of reasons. Cleansing the eye, relieving stress, conveying pain, communication, and societal assimilation can all lead to an empty tissue box. So weeping after that sappy movie might not mean that you are a total wuss after all. In fact, it may mean that you are behaving like a perfectly normal human being.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » Why do people cry?
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024