THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 22:20
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » New Means of Communication Change us All » Strangers on the site... (Avatars and nicknames - what do we hind behind them?)
Strangers on the site...
MissJaneDate: Friday, 03.06.2011, 22:00 | Message # 46
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Quote (Teacher)
A question to MissJane! Since we are all that clever and curious, can you tell us why you have changed your avatar?

Sure. Actually I did it on purpose because the current profile picture reflects even more factual data about my personality that my real photo.
1) The apple is green - no one ever knows whether it is sweet or not;
2) The apple is split into h a l v e s - I feel I can't be focused on one thing mainly; there usually 3 or 4 areas that interest me. So it symbolizes that the field of my preferences is broken up into pieces, or segments;
3) The apple is wet - that is, it is covered with water: I try to make a protective coating (but you see, it's just water so it is transparent).

strawberryDate: Monday, 16.04.2012, 10:23 | Message # 47
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I think that an avatar&nickname of a person tells us something about him,of course. People choose this or that avatar for making an impression. it`s one of the way to improve yourself. As for Nickname, it shows us imagination of a person or his taste or even his fear...choosing a Nickname, person bares himself or one of his secrets. Hm.. what about a photo? It`s very complex thing/ Thera are many programms for editing. For some people they are a real help,but for others-a way to hide their real faces.

GoldilocksDate: Sunday, 22.04.2012, 13:06 | Message # 48
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Of course, avatars and nicknames tell us a lot about a person. But not always they show the real personality of a user. Sometimes they show us a non-existing person whom a user wants to seem. As for me, I’ve chosen such nickname because I really like this fairy-tale.

Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » New Means of Communication Change us All » Strangers on the site... (Avatars and nicknames - what do we hind behind them?)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024