THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 06:36
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
Reasons for having pets
NadyaDate: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 17:11 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
I have a white cat. He is very funny and he helps me to keep my bad mood away. So, he is one of my best friends smile Some people train their animals to do work. Is it cruel? I think it's not if we don't scoff at our pets. We should treat them with respect and kindness and they will be our best friends, they will guard us. And what pets have you got? Is your pet your friend?

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 19:42 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
I have a black and white guinea pig. He's 3 years old. He's very-very big, funny, curious and sweet. He's my true friend and my dear "child". I bought him because I felt lonely and needed somebody to take care of and to play with.
Now I understand that it's very important to have a pet because you can always get rid of stress by touching furry ears, backs and paws, looking into clever and devoted eyes and listening to unusual animal "songs". (You know, my pet is a wonderful singer, especially when he is hungry and somebody is eating a banana nearby biggrin )
I agree with you, Nadya. Pets should be respected and treated with kindness and tenderness.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

AsyaDate: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 22:51 | Message # 3
Awards: 6
And we have three pets at home. (Though one of them is not mine at all. I just don't love it.) The first one is our cat. He is already ten but is still very active and behaves like a kitten. The second one is a hamster. He's so cute!!! But the very thing I don't like is that hamsters live only for about two years. The third pet is a rat. That's my sister's pet. She adores it, and I just can't understand how on Earth such creatures can be kept at home and loved! That's not for me! Fluffy cuties- that's my choice!

CherryDate: Monday, 01.11.2010, 17:49 | Message # 4
Monitor
pets are our friends) and i suppose it is the main reason for having them. they feel our mood, our state... they really understand us... they are the most devoted friends, who never leave you(except their death sad )they love you so sencere.... i think for lonely people pets are the main sense of life

NekavaenDate: Monday, 01.11.2010, 21:24 | Message # 5
Head teacher
Yes, but sometimes it happens so that a person devotes his or her life only to animals and forgets about communication with people COMPLETELY. It's not normal, I think.

NadyaDate: Monday, 01.11.2010, 21:26 | Message # 6
Yes, you are right. But some people really need a pet. For example, there are lots of blind men/women with their dog guide. They just can't live without their help. I think these dogs are priceless.

Message edited by Nadya - Monday, 01.11.2010, 21:28

NekavaenDate: Monday, 01.11.2010, 21:40 | Message # 7
Head teacher
Yes, people who need dog guides depend on their pets greatly. For them an animal becomes not only a friend but also a useful and essential helper.

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 02.11.2010, 14:06 | Message # 8
And what do you think about the circus? A lot of children go there and enjoy watching a circus show.
But there people train different animals to do work for a long time. Do you think it's cruel?

CherryDate: Tuesday, 02.11.2010, 18:26 | Message # 9
Monitor
i don`t think it`s cruel. of course they train them, but i am sure they do nothing to harm these animals.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 02.11.2010, 20:22 | Message # 10
Dean
Awards: 3
But that's against nature. Wild animals aren't born to amuse people! And speaking about cruelty...well, it depends on a tamer.

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 02.11.2010, 21:41 | Message # 11
Of course it depends. and I agree that it's against nature so that's why it's not very good for animals

8davids8Date: Tuesday, 02.11.2010, 22:21 | Message # 12
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Quote (lovefootball))
Wild animals aren't born to amuse people!

don't mix things up. dogs are not wild animals. wolfs are. breed dogs were artificially bred by people. some breeds were created just in five years.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 02.11.2010, 22:38 | Message # 13
Head teacher
Being honest, I hate circus. I went there only once in the childhood and I remembed how I cried at the end the performance. I was little but clever enough to understand that everything that took place on the stage was just a cruel play. I will never forget those animals' sad eyes...
I know that not all tamers taunt their animals but most of them use brutal training methods. It's a well-known fact! And it isn't fair anyway that circus animals are confined to cages and must make out very difficult tricks that are not natural for them.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 03.11.2010, 21:22 | Message # 14
Dean
Awards: 3
But that's a tradition, animals' tricks are very popular with public,so I guess the things will never change. On the other hand we can do a lot to make our pets' life serene)

NekavaenDate: Wednesday, 03.11.2010, 23:08 | Message # 15
Head teacher
Well, this "tradition" will exist while people are the dominating species on this planet. sad
But who knows what will happen in the future? Maybe, one day we will become "pets". Can you imagine that?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024