THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 02:54
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
Reasons for having pets
NikkyDate: Sunday, 14.11.2010, 21:04 | Message # 31
Course monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Quote (Megastarosta)
To my mind every kind of animal is important because they help us to stay happy.

Yeah, I agree with you.
I have a cat.And she is one of my best friends biggrin biggrin
When I feel unhappy she always sits near me and tries to cheer me up happy That's so cute happy

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 16.11.2010, 17:22 | Message # 32
Dean
Awards: 3
An idea has just crossed my mind. We all agree that our pets cure us, improve our mood and so on, but what do WE do for them? Of course, we keep them in decent conditions ( and even in the lap of luxury)) but is it comparable to their influence on us?

NikkyDate: Tuesday, 16.11.2010, 20:21 | Message # 33
Course monitor
it's an interesting question.
And I can't give a proper answer.
Animals can feel our emotions.
For example I don't know when my cat is happy or sad. I can analyze her behavior, but I can't know it exactly. And of course I can't cure anyone just sitting next to him.
And all I can do is just take care of her.

NekavaenDate: Wednesday, 17.11.2010, 00:44 | Message # 34
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Well, I think sometimes we can understand if our pet is bored or merry, sad or happy. Pets can also be very emotional! So, if our pet is sad we can try to play with him or her...
I think we do a lot for our pets and our influence on them can be compared with their influence on us. To take care of pets properly means not only to feed them regularly and clean cages and enclosures but also to treat them as friends, forgive little pranks, learn and take into consideration their habits and needs (they sometimes can turn out to be very unusual because each animal has his or her unique individualities and tastes).
In good and caring hands pets can easily find a little piece of heaven and live a happy and long life. The question that worries me most of all is the following: if animals had a chance to choose between a dangerous but free wildlife and a safe and plentiful life in captivity what would they prefer?

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 17.11.2010, 17:06 | Message # 35
Union committee president
Group: Moders
It depends on animal. Of course if a pet just sleeps and eats , it can't live a dangerous free wildlife. And a wild animal can't live at home (it would be bad for it)

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 17.11.2010, 21:43 | Message # 36
Dean
A catchy question, I should say!) It has something in common with OUR views on life and freedom. I guess it's better to prefer life in captivity because I don't regard it as imprisonment. Why should animals seek borderline pleasures?) On the other hand if we admit that they have their own character, they have a right not to agree with me. But of course, they can't)

TanyaDate: Wednesday, 17.11.2010, 23:39 | Message # 37
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
Well I also have a cat, and to tell the truth he became as a full member of my family. Every domestic animal can positive influence our emotional well-being, they can help us to cope with the problems of depression and loneliness. But in most cases animals do not receive the same kind of attitude from people. Only our good attitude and care can help to proof that our pets are our best friends. And of course the best place for animals is the plase where they can see people's love.

alex_makhDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 19:26 | Message # 38
Monitor
Group: Admins
>Maybe, one day we will become "pets". Can you imagine that?

yeah)) some big green one-eyed Aliens will come to Earth as if to a pet-shop, choose the funnies and the cutest "pet", and take it home) They will by us "human food" in big iron cans, different toys to play with us, special clothes to walk us and trays for our relieving ourselves) They'll give us stupid names like Rex or Furry and will stroke us in order to get some positive emotions) "Humanotherapy" will soon become a famous and popular thing throughout the whole Galaxy, and then in the Universe, and we, as a speices will cease to exist, at least on Earth! This will be the famous "end of humanity"!

NikkyDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 21:53 | Message # 39
Course monitor
Quote (Tanya)
Only our good attitude and care can help to proof that our pets are our best friends. And of course the best place for animals is the plase where they can see people's love.

I agree. And I hope they are not tired from our pussy" and "doggy" happy

SileneeeDate: Wednesday, 19.01.2011, 01:28 | Message # 40
Monitor
Everything is possible,If I live like my cat, I will agree biggrin to sleep on the pillows,drink biggrin clean water and be loved by every member of the family

NikkyDate: Wednesday, 19.01.2011, 18:46 | Message # 41
Course monitor
I think it would be boring. It would be great just for the first time. The first five months but not longer smile
But it's only my opinion happy

Cherry_boomDate: Thursday, 20.01.2011, 23:59 | Message # 42
Student
Maybe one day we will become pets. That's why we should think about this now : take care and love animals. They are the only faithful friends for people. Who else will sit on your grave until he dies himself.

NekavaenDate: Friday, 21.01.2011, 12:57 | Message # 43
Head teacher
Yes, pets can be very devoted, especially dogs. A dog will sit on the grave of his or her master till death. I don’t now why but I’m sure that horses and parrots are capable of doing the same.

But will a cat behave so? Hm… I doubt… A guinea pig? Certainly not…

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

NikkyDate: Friday, 21.01.2011, 17:30 | Message # 44
Course monitor
Quote (Nekavaen)
But will a cat behave so? Hm… I doubt… A guinea pig? Certainly not…

Wno knows, who knows biggrin
But in fact, I agree with you biggrin Guinea pigs don't care about their masters, in my opinion. I mean, their interests consist in eating, sleeping and playing. But, I can't say exactly. I have not ever got a guinea pig smile
As for cats... It's a controversial question. They are too different.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 21.01.2011, 17:52 | Message # 45
Dean
It's said that cats are our masters and not vice versa but I heard another opinion a few days ago. It all depends on a master, I mean that there should be strict ranking in the relations between people and pets. Of course, it's essential to take into account animals' peculiarities but still it's a man who should be a leader.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024