THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 04:49
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
Reasons for having pets
NadyaDate: Thursday, 04.11.2010, 11:01 | Message # 16
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
To tell the truth, I can't imagine that...Will they train us too and lead us on a leash? And I hope it won't happen while we are civilized society.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 04.11.2010, 15:00 | Message # 17
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
And I think everuthing is possible. Why not? Not in the nearest future, of course, but we may become someone's puppets.

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 04.11.2010, 22:29 | Message # 18
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Can you imagine yourself being kept in cages and hunted for pleasure?

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

NadyaDate: Friday, 05.11.2010, 11:32 | Message # 19
As I said I can't imagine. And what reasons will animals have for having people as "pets"?))

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 05.11.2010, 18:18 | Message # 20
Dean
It's obvious - revenge) As I've already said I can't imagine MYSELF being kept in a cage but who knows what may happen in ,let us say, 1000 years. To be honest, it's beyond my imagination) The only thing I can suggest is my guesswork.

NadyaDate: Saturday, 06.11.2010, 12:08 | Message # 21
Well, but now WE are their masters)) And it's wonderful to have a pet because we live in a cruel world. And I think our pets help us to develop the right qualities like kindness, sensitiveness, compassion. People really need them. Don't you think?

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 06.11.2010, 14:40 | Message # 22
Dean
Agree completely. It's all the same for our pets whether we have had a fatiguing day. They require care. So even if we're angry or dead tired, we have to give attention to them.And next a miracle happen! We feel warmth growing inside and the cat's purr comfort us.

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 06.11.2010, 20:13 | Message # 23
Head teacher
Yes, pets are perfect stress fighters!

NadyaDate: Saturday, 06.11.2010, 21:25 | Message # 24
And how have you found your own pet among all the others?

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 07.11.2010, 17:05 | Message # 25
Dean
I guess the pattern is the same in most families. A child demands a pet and poor parents have to buy it to settle their child down. Oh, and how could I forget! All that is accompanied with promises, " Of course I'll take care of my kitten, Mum!"

NadyaDate: Sunday, 07.11.2010, 17:14 | Message # 26
Yeah, and then every night parents have to get up and look after OUR pet)))

Message edited by Nadya - Sunday, 07.11.2010, 17:15

NekavaenDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 01:11 | Message # 27
Head teacher
I try to take care of my guinea pig myself. I understand that it was ME who bought this fluffy creature and brought him home. But sometimes when I'm very busy my mother helps me a bit. I think, it's normal. And it's not a secret that when a child suddenly brings a new pet home parents first grumble and seem displeased but then become more attached to a cat or a dog than its real master. Not always, but it often happens so.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 21:54 | Message # 28
Dean
Agree, but they go on grumbling to teach us a lesson) But does it mean that parents shouldn't buy pets for their little children? Of course, I know that pets develop a child's responsibility but maybe it's more reasonable to wait a bit?

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 11.11.2010, 09:12 | Message # 29
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Keeping and taking care of pets are natural human activities. I think it is one of the ways of how we learn to understand the animal world and ourselves. Do you remember the electronic pet-game called Tamagotchi that back in the 90s really astonished the world and affected a whole generation of children? This virtual game exists today and is an excellent virtual reality role-play. I am saying this because it's so nice to have a pet...at least it teaches one to be kind, affectionate and caring.

MegastarostaDate: Thursday, 11.11.2010, 21:47 | Message # 30
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
I have my little hamster. She is very very very little but so cute. To my mind every kind of animal is important because they help us to stay happy. As for me, my hamster makes my mood better. And i'm really happy that one day one very good person presented her for me.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024