THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 18.05.2024, 09:12
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
Reasons for having pets
Cherry_boomDate: Friday, 21.01.2011, 18:01 | Message # 46
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Quote (Nikky)
As for cats... It's a controversial question. They are too different.

Yes. cats are unpredictable creatures )) But I believe that they also like their owners. My cat,for example, begins to mew when she's left alone. That's why every night she is siting under my door ( of course this is accompanied by yow-yow ) and waiting when I let her come in.
As for rodents... I have 3 of them and practice shows that they can also like their owners.
In spite of my love to animals, I dislike horses.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 22.01.2011, 14:45 | Message # 47
Dean
Awards: 3
And how do your hamsters or guinea pigs and your cat get along with each other? I believe it's severe stress for rodents, isn't it? As far as loneliness is concerned, I think all pets hate it,irrespective of breed or anything else.

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 27.01.2011, 10:13 | Message # 48
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
I have been visiting the Student Discussion Forum on Pets on Dave's ESL Cafe at http://forums.eslcafe.com/student....3b2d7f4. I have looked through the threads and posts and I now think that some of you may also go there and leave a link to our site. Those who want to learn English, discuss things in more depth and build knowledge would be active users.

NikkyDate: Friday, 04.02.2011, 16:43 | Message # 49
Course monitor
Quote (Cherry_boom)
But I believe that they also like their owners.

Me too. happy
But as I said they are too different. Cats are unpredictable. But cute happy
Quote (Cherry_boom)
I dislike horses

Why?
I know that a lot of people dislike them. But in my opinion. they are beautiful and clever... But these are only my thoughts.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 05.02.2011, 14:09 | Message # 50
Dean
Why do you think a lot of people dislike them? I have never heard about that before. Maybe they're just afraid of these animals? I mean the risks connected with horse-riding, possible inuries...

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 05.02.2011, 22:42 | Message # 51
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Hm, it depends on our tastes greatly. I know a lot of people who dislike snakes and can’t imagine a python or a boa in a flat. But I personally like them very much and think snakes are extremely beautiful and clever. I see only one drawback in such pets – these reptiles should be fed on cute tiny mice. I like mice too!!!
And one more thing. I know it’s one of the basic rules of wildlife that predators eat smaller animals; but when a prey is put into the snake’s mouth and has no chance to escape it’s not fair.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Message edited by Nekavaen - Tuesday, 08.02.2011, 21:16

NadyaDate: Sunday, 06.02.2011, 11:14 | Message # 52
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Yes, tastes differ! I'm not sure that a lot of people dislike horses, some people like them, some people don't. In my opinion horses are very clever animals.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Monday, 07.02.2011, 18:51 | Message # 53
Course monitor
In my opinion pets are very important in our life. They help us not to be alone, they teach us to be loving and patient, they bring happiness to our life. I think it is cruel to make pets do tricks. Trainers in the circus can be cruel and violent. All they need is money. They are not interested in animal's health and comfort. It is not natural for animals to live in tight enclosures-they should live in their habitats.
Pets are our little friends and we must love and take care of them.
They are so nice indeed. happy

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 07.02.2011, 20:09 | Message # 54
Dean
I also have some prejudice concerning the circus. Of course, I was there a lot of times when a child, but now I just can't go there because of the unnatural conditions animals have to live in. I understand that most circus animals have never known wildlife but still I can't cope with it, it's like a barrier within me.

NikkyDate: Wednesday, 16.02.2011, 16:46 | Message # 55
Course monitor
Quote (lovefootball))
Why do you think a lot of people dislike them?

Just because I've met a lot of people who dislike horses. Maybe it's just a coincidence happy
Quote (Nekavaen)
I like mice too!!!

Oh, me too! happy
Except white ones... Their eyes make me scared biggrin

NekavaenDate: Friday, 18.02.2011, 10:13 | Message # 56
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I know that everyone has his or her own understanding of beauty and grace. Still I can’t figure out what makes people who don’t have allergy to fur keep Canadian Hairless (Sphynx) cats. Their appearance on the whole makes me scared. confused

Attachments: 9371418.gif (35.8 Kb)

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 18.02.2011, 21:07 | Message # 57
Dean
Ha-ha, that's so funny! Well, of course, they look strange and uncustomary to us, we can hardly call them "our little fluffy pets" but still... we can find certain charm even in such creatures. They have their own advantages, for example, people keen on dressing their pets can really "unburden" themselves with these cats)))) And the main reason is allergy as a lot of people suffer from it. Oh,I've completely forgotten about trends....maybe, someone believes that such cats add some originality to their image.

NadyaDate: Monday, 21.02.2011, 11:50 | Message # 58
biggrin
To tell the truth I don't really like Sphynx cats, they have so many "skin folds"! Aslo a cat for me is an animal with hair smile But I'm not against such cats because some people have an allergy, so it's a good way out not to be alone.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 21.02.2011, 22:22 | Message # 59
Dean
And what about shedding? Fancy hair in the floor,your bed,the dining-table...the new dress...)) Confess, there are moments when you're dreaming of a hairless cat. Besides, these skin folds are so velvety and pleasant... But they have a drawback! I've read about one of their peculiarities: they sweat all over and can leave brown spots on carpets, furniture and clothes. Boo, I think hair is better)))))

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 10:21 | Message # 60
Haha, you are right. Of course it's just my opinion about hairless cats, some people really like them. And what do you think about lop-eared cats? Some people find them very cute, some people think they look horrible or just take pity on them.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024