THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 00:57
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Asya  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Flowers » Flowers for what (Talks about why people are so keen on flowers)
Flowers for what
lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 04.12.2010, 21:37 | Message # 16
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
But they will wither sooner or later.Besides, flowers in pots require much more time and fuss while flowers in a vase can be regarded as a part of the interior. You just watch and smell them. Of course, you have to change the water but it's much easier than taking care of flowers in pots. And one more thing. Can you imagine the following situation: a restaurant, a beautiful woman in an evening dress, a man in a suit, a wedding ring...and...a pot of flowers?)))

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 05.12.2010, 19:02 | Message # 17
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
Of course in such a situation a flowerpot isn’t suitable. But in spite of the fact that household plants need more time for care, they bring many more positive emotions when they grow. Just try, I’m sure you will enjoy it and will be proud of it as if it were your pet)))

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 05.12.2010, 20:44 | Message # 18
Dean
That's just the point))). Plants are like pets to some extent. You nurse, water and cure them,cut sick leaves, buy plant food and do on. Moreover, they can give us pleasure and pour oil on troubled waters (as well as cats))). By the way, can they reduce pain?

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 07.12.2010, 00:41 | Message # 19
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I've never thought that a flower in a pot can be compared with a pet... But after reading your messages, girls, I understood that it certainly can!
Lovefootball, many plants that we have at home are officinal and are used in alternative medicine. So, flowers can reduce pain, relieve skin and digestive discomfort, cure nasal catarrh and so on.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 07.12.2010, 19:32 | Message # 20
Dean
H'm, maybe it's useful to grow plants because of their curative effect? But one should be very careful with them and hammer at a book on the topic before taking on. Domestic medicine may be even fatal, so being informed is of primary importance.

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 09.12.2010, 08:22 | Message # 21
Head teacher
Fortunately, books and magazines on this topic are widely available nowadays. There are even TV shows and Internet sites devoted to herbal therapy.
I am sure that phytotherapy is really effective. If I fall ill, I’ll prefer to use a medicine based on natural plant extracts. I can even make something myself at home.
But I also think that one MUST be aware of how a mixture or balsam should be prepared and used. Some herbs may cause allergic reactions; some are very toxic if used at high doses.

TomatVSMushiDate: Tuesday, 21.12.2010, 14:31 | Message # 22
Student
Talking about reducing pain, I know that the smell of roses can help people who suffer from head aches.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 21.12.2010, 18:10 | Message # 23
Head teacher
Really? I've never heard of it! But I believe that flowers can help us in such a way.
Aromatherapy is very popular nowadays. Millions of people around the world use fresh flowers and essential oils to relieve tired muscles during massage procedures, to cure sleep disorders and get rid of stress and anxiety.

Fragrant petals can be sprinkled over the surface of bath water - heavenly delight for our skin, senses and mind! (Actually, mind can be switched off…)

Attachments: 3056426.jpg (100.2 Kb) · 7138150.jpg (24.3 Kb) · 0812333.jpg (61.8 Kb)

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 21.12.2010, 18:47 | Message # 24
Dean
Mmmm, that's fantastic! And such procedures aren't expensive at all if you stay at home instead of going to a beauty saloon (but of course, professionals know their business)). It's so easy to light incense sticks or add a few drops of fragrant oils into the bath! The effect is really striking. Maybe, it's autosuggestion for the most part but still it works! The point here is not to overdo - what if you have an allergy!

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 22.12.2010, 15:05 | Message # 25
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Unbelievable how much you know! Do you all work in a beauty salon?

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 29.12.2010, 22:17 | Message # 26
Dean
Ha-ha, that's just a matter concerning beauty and we simply must be in touch with the situation)) All these little things and secrets are so pleasant to a woman's heart))))))))

Suigintou_RozenDate: Tuesday, 15.03.2011, 07:47 | Message # 27
Course monitor
Awards: 0
Flowers are used for decoration in vases and gardens.Their essential oils are used in perfumes and other fragrances. Flowers are also instrumental in the production of honey. It is very important for our life, so I think it is not a crime to use it. We can also show our feelings with flowers. As we know, a red rose is a symbol of love. A famous Scottish poet Robert Burns compared his love with a "Red red rose,that's newly sprung in June"
Nowadays flower bussiness is very popular because people always need flowers.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 15.03.2011, 20:14 | Message # 28
Dean
That's true...it only remains to be surprised at human ability to make business of everything. I don't mean to reproach anyone, of course not! On the contrary, it's wonderful that flowers are available at all hours nowadays. But as it's a business, it has certain drawbacks, for example a lot of light-fingered dealers deceive their customers and give them almost wilted flowers under the pretense of fresh ones.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 04.04.2011, 20:47 | Message # 29
Dean
I know it's nothing wrong in it but we're speaking about flowers as if they were everyday products and not more. Maybe, it sounds too childich but they are supposed to be little bright miracles which embroider our life. It's even a bit sad that plants are regarded as goods that can be exchanged (or actually can't).

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2011, 16:03 | Message # 30
Head teacher
Animals are also regarded as inanimate belongings in judicial processes. That’s really awful, I think.
As for flowers, only fools can claim they are not alive: all plants grow, eat, drink, propagate and move. But at the same time they don’t have nervous system and thus can’t feel pain and talk. That’s the reason why they can be easily bought and sold, picked and thrown away…

And one more thought: flowers are only tiny parts of green plants. Leaves and fruit can also be very beautiful and bring delight and joy. I have an experience of watching a real Japanese ikebana master making enigmatic and charming compositions. One of them was really quite unpredictable: a yellow cymbling among purple dahlias…

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Flowers » Flowers for what (Talks about why people are so keen on flowers)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024