THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 17.05.2024, 12:03
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Asya  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Flowers » Flowers for what (Talks about why people are so keen on flowers)
Flowers for what
Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 19.10.2011, 11:29 | Message # 46
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
How can I live now without having such a field of flowers near my house. I have a big alotment of land that is not cultivated for crops. Well, should I really take up growing flowers just for the beauty of it biggrin

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 07.12.2011, 20:19 | Message # 47
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Oh, of course you should! smile Actually, many people do not venture to grow flowers because it takes time and efforts. But we do not speak about the whole flower garden or a field of flowers (well, only if you'd like to sell different sorts of flowers))) I think just a compact front flowerbed would be enough to please your eyes and make your neighbours fervently desire the same "place of beauty" smile

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 08.12.2011, 19:21 | Message # 48
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Ohhhhh, I'm so lazy as far as such like things are concerned, I guess I'm not morally prepared for gardening and if you are,I can only shake your hand))))) Well, I give generous praise to a person every time I see a smart garden realizing how much effort it takes to grow each flower with love and patience. H'm, maybe the best way out is just to buy them and not stuff our head with the very PROCESS?))))

mrsbukaleDate: Wednesday, 28.03.2012, 15:20 | Message # 49
Monitor
Nature around us is the most beautiful we see in life. All plants give us life. They keep us alive not only physically but also they keep us alive because of their magnetic feature. They attract us with the help of their uncountable number of appearances. Their smell make us feel the power of something unusual that we can`t see everywhere. They fence us from reality taking to the world of bright colors and significant peculiarities.

vanillaDate: Friday, 30.03.2012, 13:26 | Message # 50
Monitor
To my mind, our life is full of global or even small problems. But such emergent questions give a lot of trouble. So it is very hard to find pleasure in ordinary routine. When you are surrounded by something unpleasant, you can not find happiness in common phenomenа. Rain, snow or the sun ceases to gladden you. And only a small present such a bunch of flowers can gift you lots of pleasant and amazing emotions .

AmarantaDate: Tuesday, 10.04.2012, 19:03 | Message # 51
Monitor
I like flowers. They remind us about beauty and nature in everyday life. But most of all I like dried flowers. I find them elegant and exquisite. Their precious beauty charms me. I usually compose bouquets myself. It`s a rather long and laborious procedure, I must say. First of all, I hang each flower head first and press it. Then, I lacquer each flower. Sometimes I use varnish with sparkles. When the varnish is dried up, I compose bouquets. It`s very interesting but takes much time smile

Angel757Date: Friday, 13.04.2012, 13:27 | Message # 52
Monitor
I hope every girl will be agree with me if I say that flowers is a very pleasant gift) when somebody gives you even a one flower your mood becomes better and you feel happy!)) and when a bouquet stays in your room the atmosphere is very warm and the room looks beautiful)

Snusmumrick9849Date: Monday, 16.04.2012, 11:32 | Message # 53
Student
Angel757, yes, that's true)But it's a pity that flowers in vase can't live long.As for me I like flowers very much, especially red roses.

Strawberry1992Date: Friday, 20.04.2012, 01:12 | Message # 54
Monitor
Flowers are our companions with the beginning of our life up to the end. They are always with us, in a holiday, in a mournful day in ecxiting and sad moments. They are presents for newlyweds, for beloved and close people. They are presents for birthday. Flowers mean a lot in our life.

Nikky0638Date: Tuesday, 01.05.2012, 00:31 | Message # 55
Monitor
Flowers are the great gift of nature, this is beauty and the world around us, the flowers are the joy, it is a reason to smile. They accompany us during the whole life. In honor of the flowers people spend some holidays)... Some people think that it's a waste of money, because they wither very quickly and the best gift for them is something worthwhile. But I am sure that there are a lot of people who want to have flowers at home, at work, in a garden...they are convinced that they are the best way to cheer up themselves and others. happy

Message edited by Nikky0638 - Tuesday, 01.05.2012, 00:36

RosebudDate: Thursday, 03.05.2012, 22:36 | Message # 56
Monitor
I think flowers decorate our life. They bring joy, freshness and give good spirit. There are a lot of flowers in my home and around it. My mother adores fowers and she takes care of them. You can see many defferent kinds of plants in our garden. Perhaps, about some of them you've never heard flower

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 04.05.2012, 11:58 | Message # 57
Monitor
I can`t believe that a lot of women say "I don`t like flowers". It`s a lie. Flowers are living creatures that make our aura of the house more pleasant. Their smell turn us to life. Their beauty makes us happy and we are ready to smile all the time. Looking at them women want to be so beautiful as they are.

Angel757Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:40 | Message # 58
Monitor
I have a special room in my house, which is intended specially for flowers! When you get there, you feel as if you find yourself in a fairy tale))

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 13:03 | Message # 59
Monitor
In modern times, people have sought ways to cultivate, buy, wear, or otherwise be around flowers and blooming plants, partly because of their agreeable appearance and smell. Around the world, people use flowers for a wide range of events and functions that, cumulatively, encompass one's lifetime:
For new births or Christenings
As a corsage or boutonniere to be worn at social functions or for holidays
As tokens of love or esteem
For wedding flowers for the bridal party, and decorations for the hall
As brightening decorations within the home
As a gift of remembrance for bon voyage parties, welcome home parties, and "thinking of you" gifts
For funeral flowers and expressions of sympathy for the grieving
For worshiping goddesses. in Hindu culture it is very common to bring flowers as a gift to temples.
People therefore grow flowers around their homes, dedicate entire parts of their living space to flower gardens, pick wildflowers, or buy flowers from florists who depend on an entire network of commercial growers and shippers to support their trade.
Flowers provide less food than other major plants parts (seeds, fruits, roots, stems and leaves) but they provide several important foods and spices. Flower vegetables include broccoli, cauliflower and artichoke. The most expensive spice, saffron, consists of dried stigmas of a crocus. Other flower spices are cloves and capers. Hops flowers are used to flavor beer. Marigold flowers are fed to chickens to give their egg yolks a golden yellow color, which consumers find more desirable. Dandelion flowers are often made into wine. Bee Pollen, pollen collected from bees, is considered a health food by some people. Honey consists of bee-processed flower nectar and is often named for the type of flower, e.g. orange blossom honey, clover honey and tupelo honey.
Hundreds of fresh flowers are edible but few are widely marketed as food. They are often used to add color and flavor to salads. Squash flowers are dipped in breadcrumbs and fried. Edible flowers include nasturtium, chrysanthemum, carnation, cattail, honeysuckle, chicory, cornflower, Canna, and sunflower. Some edible flowers are sometimes candied such as daisy and rose (you may also come across a candied pansy).
Flowers can also be made into herbal teas. Dried flowers such as chrysanthemum, rose, jasmine, camomile are infused into tea both for their fragrance and medical properties. Sometimes, they are also mixed with tea leaves for the added fragrance.
Flowers have been used since as far back as 50,000 years in funeral rituals. Many cultures do draw a connection between flowers and life and death, and because of their seasonal return flowers also suggest rebirth, which is the why many people place flowers upon graves. In ancient times the Greeks would place a crown of flowers on the head of the deceased as well as cover the tomb with wreaths and flower petals, rich and powerful women in ancient Egypt would wear floral headdresses and necklaces upon their death as representations of renewal and a joyful afterlife, and the Mexicans to this day use flowers prominently in their Day of the Dead celebrations in the same way that their Aztec ancestors did.

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 13:33 | Message # 60
Monitor
Awards: 1
I like flowers like all girls women and even a lot of men and I think it's a very good present for everybody and flowers suit for every person and practically profession)So, give flowers to your lovely people,teachers,doctors and simply all the people to make them smile

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Flowers » Flowers for what (Talks about why people are so keen on flowers)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024