THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 29.03.2024, 12:57
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Food Portrait » My Eating Habits
My Eating Habits
Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 27.11.2010, 12:46 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Some people say that it is easy to understand a person's character by what he or she eats. Sweets or nuts - kind and caring people, cakes or sandwiches (outgoing), dairy products or vegetables (busy or vulnerable), meet or fish (strong and powerful), juice or coka cola (kind, attentive and quick-witted, mustard or sour-cream, etc... I don't know if it is true or not. Do you know?
What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Does it correspond to your traits of character?

NadyaDate: Saturday, 27.11.2010, 16:48 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
It's a very good thread biggrin For breakfast I usually drink a cup of tea and eat a cheeseburger. For lunch I prefer some soup because it's useful for our health. And for dinner I eat different food which my mum has cooked))) It can be potatoes with fried meat or some salad, fish etc. And of course I like chocolate, cakes- with apples or apricots etc. They are very tasty! Besides I also like pizza) So as you can see I'm a usual calm girl who likes sweets a lot:D And what is your favorite food?

МарусяDate: Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 19:15 | Message # 3
Monitor
Group: Users
I prefer ASIAN cuisine. I like plov very much. This meal is from rice and meat. I can prepare it. Believe me it is not difficult. If you want. I can teach you and you will learn to cooK super PLOV. Ask me for the recipe or come to visit to me. smile Don't forget to take meat with you. smile

ValeriyaDate: Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 21:21 | Message # 4
Monitor
I prefer eating organic food because I don't like meat. That's why I eat vegetables and fruit, porridge, different boiled cereals and fresh juice. Also I prefer fish dishes. I like cooking sushi, and I cook sushi for my family very often. I want my family to eat healthy food so that they have very good health. This is probably why I am a happy person.

МарусяDate: Sunday, 05.12.2010, 22:42 | Message # 5
Monitor
Do you agree with this?

You are what you eat. happy
Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you what you are.

MetalDrDate: Friday, 10.12.2010, 18:31 | Message # 6
Monitor
I'm a vegetarian. I hate meet and fish... I can't understand why people eat our little brothers. Whats why i eat meat only two or three times in my life.
So, my favorite dishes are roast potatoes, spaghetti and pizza with tomato and cheese. I like all kinds of fruit and vegetables.
i prefer drinking tea, coffe and milk)
i can't say that i'm a very nice and cute person. So, i'm sorry Маруся, but i don't agree with you. I'm not what i eat. icecream

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 11.12.2010, 18:49 | Message # 7
Dean
Awards: 3
I'm sorry, but I can't understand how it is possible that you've eaten meat only 2 or 3 times in your life. And what about your childhood? I can't imagine that any parents may allow their child to get along without meat.

thinkerDate: Wednesday, 22.12.2010, 11:45 | Message # 8
Monitor
It's a very hard decision to eat meat or not. But of course almost all our mothers considered that it's very useful for normal developing of their children and fed us with meat. We've got used to it and now can't imagine our life without meat or meat soups, for example. Some people try to refuse eating meat. The reasons are different. One of my friends has already done it and she feels fine, in spite of very active living. But this question has not been studied to the end yet, and we can't know how a meatless diet can influence our future healthy living, especially for women. That's why I prefer to eat meat, sometimes.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 23.12.2010, 20:25 | Message # 9
Dean
Awards: 3
I'm sure that it's absolutely essential. The lack of meat will have an adverse effect on our health sooner or later. It can occur at any time. Though some people don't attach importance to meat and even think all that is not more than an exploded custom, I prefer to rely on age-old traditions.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Sunday, 09.01.2011, 19:09 | Message # 10
Course monitor
I like Japanese food, for example, rolls and sushi.I think they are very delicious and have a very interesting taste.
I can't stand soups.It is very strange but I really hate them.

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 10.01.2011, 12:36 | Message # 11
Dean
Quote (Suigintou_Rozen)
I can't stand soups.It is very strange but I really hate them.

Really strange. But why? A good vegetable soup or a good chicken soup (russian version) will make anybody happy!

thinkerDate: Tuesday, 11.01.2011, 17:50 | Message # 12
Monitor
Suigintou_Rozen, and what about miso-soup?? If you like Japanese cuisine — you must like it too)) I adore this soup and prepare it even at home. From time to time.

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 12.01.2011, 08:54 | Message # 13
Dean
thinker, can you briefly describe what a miso-soup is? Is it difficult to cook? What ingredients do we need?

thinkerDate: Wednesday, 12.01.2011, 18:00 | Message # 14
Monitor
It's very easy. The main ingredient is miso-paste, but sometimes it can be difficult to find it. I advise you to go to a Japanese department in big supermarkets. You must boil water and stir miso-paste in it carefully, then add these products: onion, mushrooms or shrimps or salmon (it depends), porey-onion, sesame, dried asparagus. Then cook until it's done. At the end you may add one egg in a special way. The recipes in the internet are more detailed but I prefer to add all that my soul wants in this soup )) I hope I don't forget anything))) Bon appetite!

And of course I forgot about seaweed and tofy-cheese. It'll make your dish more specific and Japanese)

Message edited by thinker - Monday, 24.01.2011, 17:31

МарусяDate: Monday, 17.01.2011, 14:58 | Message # 15
Monitor
MetalDr, It's not my slogan. These are only proverbs.

But I try to understand what I eat and for what.

Message edited by Маруся - Monday, 17.01.2011, 15:07

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Food Portrait » My Eating Habits
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024