THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 12:22
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Asya  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Fears » I am afraid
I am afraid
PashkaaDate: Monday, 15.10.2012, 01:04 | Message # 76
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Awards: 0
Have you ever been bitten by a dog? Why and when did you become afraid of them?

I haven't been bitten by dogs and I don't now why I'm afraid of them. I just don't like them at all. Particularly their barking!!

Message edited by Pashkaa - Monday, 15.10.2012, 01:06

kuroi_NekODate: Thursday, 18.10.2012, 23:23 | Message # 77
Monitor
Group: Friends
as for me, I think the greatest fears that can exist in everybody's life are fears concerning a loss of your dearest and nearest..
besides, I'm often afraid of something, I'm afraid to hurt smb's feelings, I'm afraid that something isn't gonna be OK, I'm afraid of pain in moral sense, because it drives me to despair.
I think all these problems appear because of my self-doubt.

ValerkaDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 19:09 | Message # 78
Union committee president
Quote (FoxyT)
I am one of those people who are afraid of the dark

Are you afraid of ghosts? Do you believe in them?

:)Date: Friday, 28.12.2012, 01:56 | Message # 79
Union organizer
Group: Users
(FoxyT)
I am one of those people who are afraid of the dark.

How do you sleep?Do you have a lot of lights in your room?

ZhgutikDate: Wednesday, 06.02.2013, 20:22 | Message # 80
Union organizer
Little_Mu,

I have only one phobia in my life. It's a maggots. I even can't think

about it without a shudder. It's a very nasty,slimy,disgusting creature.

I agree with you. Maggots are very offensive. I can't imagine how people can calmly react to them. They are the most terrible creatures in the world !!!!

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 17.02.2013, 22:16 | Message # 81
Group: Moders
Quote (Valerka)
Are you afraid ghosts? Do you believe in them?

I don't believe in ghosts, but I'm afraid of them when I'm in the dark ...

ValerkaDate: Monday, 18.02.2013, 19:21 | Message # 82
Quote (FoxyT)
I don't believe in ghosts, but I'm afraid of them when I'm in the dark ..

It is strange))if you don't beleive in them? Then why are you afraid of them when it is dark?

ValerieTrDate: Monday, 18.02.2013, 19:53 | Message # 83
Quote (Zhgutik)
Little_Mu, Quote I have only one phobia in my life. It's a maggots. I even can't think about it without a shudder. It's a very nasty,slimy,disgusting creature.

I agree with you. Maggots are very offensive. I can't imagine how people can calmly react to them. They are one of the most terrible creatures in the world !!!!

I completely agree with you, girls! It's awful. It's so disgusting. I don't know a person who can normally react to them.

FoxyTDate: Tuesday, 19.02.2013, 12:57 | Message # 84
Group: Moders
Quote (:))
How do you sleep?Do you have a lot of lights in your room?

I used to sleep with a lamp, but it was in the past) Now I can fall asleep without it)

ValerkaDate: Tuesday, 26.11.2013, 22:49 | Message # 85
Quote Zhgutik ()
I agree with you. Maggots are very offensive. I can't imagine how people can calmly react to them. They are the most terrible creatures in the world !!!!
 Of course, i have already known that you are afraid of insects smile You can' bear cockroaches, for example(I always listened to your stories about it. To tell the truth, they make me funny) But nevertheless, i want to ask you: Are you afraid of rats and snakes????As for me, i really can react to rats calmly but i am in fear when i see a snake! shock

PerilovaDate: Tuesday, 26.11.2013, 23:15 | Message # 86
Head teacher
Quote Valerka ()
I have only one fear. I am afraid of a height. When i am on the sixth floor,for example, i cannot look down. But i think i should overcome my fear because it will give me trouble in the future.
How long have you already have this phobia ? What is the main reason for emergence of human fears ? Do you have some extraordinary fears ? Does your fears change throughout the years ?

Added (26.11.2013, 23:07)
---------------------------------------------

Quote ValerieTr ()
but I've changed my opinion since I went by plane for the first time
What were your first impressions of this height ?   smile I would never have dared with such phobia ! You are a daredevil !  biggrin

Added (26.11.2013, 23:15)
---------------------------------------------

Quote FoxyT ()
I am one of those people who are afraid of the dark. And even more, I'm afraid of being in a confined space in the dark

Oh, you are not only person, i join you  smile Do you believe that human phobias depend on their mental state ?  Is it true that people with the same fears are alike ?

ValerieTrDate: Wednesday, 27.11.2013, 01:59 | Message # 87
Quote Perilova ()
What were your first impressions of this height ? I would never have dared with such phobia ! You are a daredevil !

Oh, thank you!  biggrin
There was nothing scared. Really. I even laughed at this situation with my friends. They didn't know that it was my first flight on a plane, so they started to frighten me.
What about you? Have you got a fear of flying? What do you think, how can a person overcome his or her dread of flying?

:)Date: Wednesday, 27.11.2013, 10:31 | Message # 88
Union organizer
Group: Users
Quote Valerka ()
As for me, i really can react to rats calmly but i am in fear when i see a snake!

Oh my God!!! they are ugly! I'm afraid of rats and snakes,and spiders. Last year I saw a fat rat near the trash. I was shoked.

PashkaaDate: Wednesday, 27.11.2013, 12:11 | Message # 89
Union organizer
Quote kuroi_NekO ()
I'm often afraid of something, I'm afraid to hurt smb's feelings, I'm afraid that something isn't gonna be OK, I'm afraid of pain in moral sense, because it drives me to despair. I think all these problems appear because of my self-doubt.
 Have you ever hurted somebodie's feelings?

Salomka)Date: Wednesday, 27.11.2013, 12:44 | Message # 90
Student
Quote Pashkaa ()
Have you ever been bitten by a dog? Why and when did you become afraid of them? I haven't been bitten by dogs and I don't now why I'm afraid of them. I just don't like them at all. Particularly their barking!!
Do you think that you will never have a dog? Even very little like a chinese crested dog or a miniature pinscher? And what will you do, if your future wife wants to have a dog?

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Fears » I am afraid
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024