THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 12:04
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Asya  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Fears » I am afraid
I am afraid
ZhgutikDate: Wednesday, 27.11.2013, 13:18 | Message # 91
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Awards: 0
Valerka, as you say my main problem is cockroaches.(I'll tell you a new story today in the class). To tell the truth, I'm not afraid of rats. It is easy for me to hold a rat in my hands(domestic of course). Besides, i'm not afraid of snakes. But i have never seen them in real life but i guess that i will avoid meetings with them cool

Message edited by Zhgutik - Wednesday, 27.11.2013, 13:19

Salomka)Date: Thursday, 28.11.2013, 22:32 | Message # 92
Student
To tell the truth, I have a great number of different fears. Well, maybe some of them are relly strange but it doesn't seem to me so. For example, I'm afraid of crossing a road in wrong places.  So, I don't feel panicky, if I do it, but I usually think that a mad driver hits me. And because of this I always cross a road only on a crosswalk and only at traffic light's signal.
Besides, I am in fear with terrible masks of clown. This fear I acquired last summer, when I was working in the camp. One night about 12 p.m. I went to daily meeting. I was thus self-absorbed, that I didn't notice anything around me. My good friend decided to scare people that day and wear a dark loose overall and a very,very frightful mask of clown. He jumped out at me in absolute darkness behind the trees. My scream was hears by the whole camp. Many children woke up because of me but I didn't do anything with myself. My friends still laught about this story and I laught too. But sometimes when I see a strange or scary mask, my body is trembling.

ValerkaDate: Friday, 29.11.2013, 20:12 | Message # 93
Union committee president
Quote Perilova ()
How long have you already have this phobia ? What is the main reason for emergence of human fears ? Do you have some extraordinary fears ? Does your fears change throughout the years ?
When i was a child, i noticed this fear smile But the trouble is that my fear is increasing every year! And i now, most of all  i want to get rid of it. To my mind, the main reason for emergence of human fears is their personality and mental attitude. It is known that there are many phobias  which escalated into disease. But, fortunately, i don't have extraordinarity fears and i hope that they will never  appear!

FoxyTDate: Friday, 29.11.2013, 22:49 | Message # 94
Group: Moders
Quote Salomka)
For example, I'm afraid of crossing a road in wrong places.  So, I don't feel panicky, if I do it, but I usually think that a mad driver hits me. And because of this I always cross a road only on a crosswalk and only at traffic light's signal.

It turns out that this is a useful fear smile But how did you get it ?
For instance, once I was nearly hit by a car, even though I was crossing the road at a pedestrian subway ...

Added (29.11.2013, 22:44)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Zhgutik
my main problem is cockroaches

As for me, I'm not afraid of cockroaches, but it's weirdly unpleasant  for me to look at them. And I'm terrified when I suddenly notice them on the floor or wall in the bathroom ... brrrr
fear wink

Added (29.11.2013, 22:49)

Quote FoxyT
It is strange))if you don't beleive in them? Then why are you afraid of them when it is dark?

Because when I'm in the dark, my imagination begins to remember all the scary characters I've ever seen, no matter they exist or not smile

ZhgutikDate: Sunday, 01.12.2013, 13:52 | Message # 95
Union organizer
FoxyT, I agree with you. As for me, they are the nastiest insects in the world!!! I can't stand even a thought about a little or a hude cockroache who stares at me and moves his feeler!!!! I become to panick when I see them and I can't control myself!!! I saw them when I took a shower two or three days ago and it was awful!!! I couldn't relax for a long time after that!!!!

Toma!!! Are you afraid of spiders?
Is your cat afraid of something? Maybe it's afraid of dogs or other cats?

ValerieTrDate: Sunday, 01.12.2013, 23:43 | Message # 96
Quote FoxyT ()
As for me, I'm not afraid of cockroaches, but it's weirdly unpleasant  for me to look at them. And I'm terrified when I suddenly notice them on the floor or wall in the bathroom ... brrrr

I'm not afraid of cockroaches too. But I think that it's really disgusting. Especially big cockroaches.  
Once upon a time, I saw a lot of them in a train. When the lights were switched off, I was shocked, because I saw a dozen of cockroaches.

Added (01.12.2013, 23:43)

Quote Zhgutik ()
To tell the truth, I'm not afraid of rats. It is easy for me to hold a rat in my hands(domestic of course).

As for me, I think that grey rats are awful. I can't say that I have a dread of them, but I think that I could do my best to get out from the place where the rat is.

ZhgutikDate: Monday, 02.12.2013, 00:08 | Message # 97
Union organizer
ValerieTr, maybe you are right, but some of them are cute. And it doesn't depend on their colour.

PashkaaDate: Monday, 02.12.2013, 01:44 | Message # 98
Union organizer
Quote Zhgutik ()
I agree with you. As for me, they are the nastiest insects in the world!!! I can't stand even a thought about a little or a hude cockroache who stares at me and moves his feeler!!!! I become to panick when I see them and I can't control myself!!! I saw them when I took a shower two or three days ago and it was awful!!! I couldn't relax for a long time after that!!!!

Well, a hostel isn't an appropriate place for you  biggrin Do you want to overcome your fear? Which way would you choose? 

Quote ValerieTr ()
As for me, I think that grey rats are awful. I can't say that I have a dread of them, but I think that I could do my best to get out from the place where the rat is.

What about other rodents? Are you afraid of rats only or you hate all kinds of rodents?

Added (02.12.2013, 01:44)

Quote Salomka) ()
Do you think that you will never have a dog? Even very little like a chinese crested dog or a miniature pinscher? And what will you do, if your future wife wants to have a dog?

I know that little dogs are not dangurous, but they are not sterling dogs. It's better to have a cat than a little dog. Well, if my future wife or children want a dog, I'll have to make concessions. It wouldn't easy for me, but my family is more important than my personal preferences.

:)Date: Monday, 02.12.2013, 10:32 | Message # 99
Union organizer
Group: Users
As for me I have a lot of fears. They are different and strange. For txample I'm afraid of big dogs.But I have a little dog at home. It can be strange,I know. My another fear is playing snowballs. In my childchood my friend thew a snowball in my head.After that I have this funny fear. It can be foolishly, but it is true. My brother is afraid of elevators. He lives on the 8 floor and doesn't use it.

Added (02.12.2013, 10:19)

Quote FoxyT ()
Ira, I'm afraid of cockroaches too!!! They are ugly! But you can do useful thing...You can catch a lot of cockroaches in your hostel for students and you can sell them to the restourant!!! biggrin

Added (02.12.2013, 10:32)

Quote Zhgutik ()
Toma!!! Are you afraid of spiders? Is your cat afraid of something? Maybe it's afraid of dogs or other cats?
These questions are not for me, SORRY!! But I want to answer. I have a little dog.It is very funny! But it is yellow dog(трусиха).It afraids or everything. It afraids or babies and children, chickens,dogs,spiders and little birds. But cats are her friends! It likes them very much. It likes to play with them.

PerilovaDate: Tuesday, 03.12.2013, 03:37 | Message # 100
Head teacher
Quote ValerieTr ()
What about you? Have you got a fear of flying? What do you think, how can a person overcome his or her dread of flying?

No. i've not got a fear of flying. Conversely, I find it amusing and invigorating ! As well, I have no such fear, it makes my life easier. 
I think a person should  adjust himself positively and sleep or read during the journey !

PashkaaDate: Tuesday, 03.12.2013, 14:15 | Message # 101
Union organizer
I remember one event which was very scary. I and my friends  played in somebodie's garden. It was funny and we had a good time, until one of my friends broke a hive. Suddenly, a huge hive of bees begun to pursue us, but we could escape. This is it! Have you ever experienced something like that?

ValerkaDate: Tuesday, 03.12.2013, 18:04 | Message # 102
Quote Zhgutik ()
I'll tell you a new story today in the class)
Irina? Don't forget about your promise))I am waiting for your new story smile

Added (03.12.2013, 18:04)

Quote :) ()
These questions are not for me, SORRY!! But I want to answer. I have a little dog.It is very funny! But it is yellow dog(трусиха).It afraids or everything. It afraids or babies and children, chickens,dogs,spiders and little birds. But cats are her friends! It likes them very much. It likes to play with them.
Wow, wow!!! I want to make acquaintance with your little dog))

FoxyTDate: Tuesday, 03.12.2013, 21:54 | Message # 103
Group: Moders
Quote Zhgutik
Toma!!! Are you afraid of spiders?  Is your cat afraid of something? Maybe it's afraid of dogs or other cats?

Irochka, I don't like insects)) and I especially don't like spiders, no matter big or small ... I heard that spiders are useful in the house and they are a good sign ... but this is a good sign, from which I give the creeps smile
And are you afraid of them? eek

Added (03.12.2013, 21:54)

Quote Zhgutik
Is your cat afraid of something? Maybe it's afraid of dogs or other cats?

My Leska is not afraid of anything)) neither insects, no noise, no a vacuum cleaner, no a belt, nothing)) And it noses its nose everywhere, explores everything. And it is constantly jumping on feet and ankles) So that everyone is afraid of Leska :))
But I think you will make friends with it, Leska will like you : -*

Message edited by FoxyT - Tuesday, 03.12.2013, 21:31

ZhgutikDate: Tuesday, 03.12.2013, 23:41 | Message # 104
Union organizer
FoxyT
I'm afraid of spiders too. Especially when I see sbeder with long legs and big hairy bodies!!! One day I  carried the trash out and saw a big spider sitting on my arm!!! I was sj shocked!!! I started to jump, and scream!!! Everybody around me stared at me!!! During all this day I was afraid that this spider was still on me!!!
You have a very brave cat. I hope one day you make our meet smile

Valerka
I will do it tomorrow!

:)
I don't see something bad in your actions smile I believe that you should  acquaint your dog with Toma's cat=) Maybe they can become good friends in the future.

Pashkaa
Of course, I want to overcome my fear but i don't know how! Can you give me advice? I can't live with these insects in one room!

ValerieTrDate: Wednesday, 04.12.2013, 02:04 | Message # 105
Quote Zhgutik ()
ValerieTr, maybe you are right, but some of them are cute. And it doesn't depend on their colour.

From my point of view, grey rats are assoсiated with basements of houses.   wacko

Added (04.12.2013, 02:04)

Quote Pashkaa ()
What about other rodents? Are you afraid of rats only or you hate all kinds of rodents?

I just can't stand rats. To tell the truth, I don't think that a rat can be cute, as Zhgutik said. I haven't ever seen a cute rat. biggrin

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My Fears » I am afraid
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024