THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 05.05.2024, 05:53
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » How often do you go to the theatre or an opera house? (theatre)
How often do you go to the theatre or an opera house?
How often do you go to the theatre or an opera house?
1. Very rarely. [ 6 ] [33.33%]
2. It depends... But not so often. [ 12 ] [66.67%]
3. Quite often. [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 18
AsyaDate: Thursday, 21.04.2011, 07:14 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
I like to go the theatre very much. But nevertheless I'm not a theatre-goer. To tell the truth, I go to the theatre twice or thrice a year. But I enjoy the atmosphere there very much. When the lights go down, the musicians tune up and the actors take their places, I feel very impatient and want the performance to begin.When the curtains go down and the play is over, I am very much amused and elevated. Do you usually feel the same?

olgaDate: Thursday, 21.04.2011, 16:57 | Message # 2
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 1
As for me, I love theatre in general. It is an other world with its traditions and so on. But true to say I don’t go to the theatre often. I just don’t have enough time for it. But if I can go there I really feel happy.

MaksDate: Sunday, 24.04.2011, 20:10 | Message # 3
Student
Awards: 0
I don't go to the theatre often because i don't have a lot of free time.

Added (24.04.2011, 20:10)
---------------------------------------------
i'm not a theatre goer but sometimes i go to the theatre with my classmates. I prefer to go to the theatre at noon when the sun is shining brightly and the sky is clear. If the weather is cold and rainy, i prefer to watch a comedy in the theatre.

Smoky_eyesDate: Monday, 25.04.2011, 23:09 | Message # 4
Student
True to say i do not go to the theatre as often as i want to do it, but when I have such possibility I enjoy the process(beautiful costumes, truthful decorations,comfortable armchair...). Especially i like to watch classical genre.

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 26.04.2011, 12:22 | Message # 5
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
I feel different all the time. I think I'm a theatre goer. I go to the theatre once a month. I try to watch all premiere performances in the Drama Theatre and the Puppet Theatre. A week weeks ago I went to watch the new performance 'Sweet Bird of Youth'. Unusual! Brilliant! Unforgettable! Real Art! I have never seen anything like that before. My advice - go and watch!

ValeriyaDate: Tuesday, 26.04.2011, 16:31 | Message # 6
Monitor
I enjoy going to the theatre. But nowadays I go to the theatre very rarely. I have a lot of lessons and I'm very tired. Some time in the future I will go to the theatre more often! I like watching new performances and the same plays which were staged by different directors and in which different actors play.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 26.04.2011, 19:33 | Message # 7
Dean
Awards: 3
The problem of time...yes but the point is that all your future life will go at a quick pace. I also think that I'm busy only now but one day (show me the man who can indicate it!) God's grace will compensate me for the efforts made))))) Of course, it's an illusion. Now we have one aim but soon there will appear some other! It's like a circle. By the way, I'll go to the theatre in June to watch a performance by Viktjuk. I'm sure it's going to be a great experience!

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 27.04.2011, 11:02 | Message # 8
Dean
Just a quick reply to you all - I think going to the theatre is a personal mark of success and development. Going to the theatre is a kind of clothing for your mind, thoughts, behaviour, emotions, vision, attitudes. Going to the theatre is also food for thought. Because you start thinking of what other people are saying and showing! You look at alive people and you think silently for more than two hours! Isn't it wonderful!

SantDate: Wednesday, 27.04.2011, 22:49 | Message # 9
Student
Teacher, I don't agree with you. To tell the truth, I'm not a theatre goer, and I want to sleep on some performances. I go to the theatre 2 or 3 times a year, but I get around fine without any thoughts, emotions, vision, attitudes, which could be found in the theatre. Our century is the century of high technologies and so people may find almost everything in the Internet.

Memento mori...

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 28.04.2011, 08:48 | Message # 10
Dean
Quote (Sant)
but I get around fine without any thoughts, emotions, vision, attitudes,

The Internet is the greatest invention of man. I can't live without it. Theatre is the greatest invention and tradition of man. I can't live without it. I get around perfect with thoughts, emotions, vision, attitudes. When you say you can do without emotions, thoughts, theatre, then you can't be the person who understands how great the Internet is and how perfectly it broadens the mind of a person who knows what theatre is. I go to the theatre once a month. I sit online 2-3 hours a day. Theatre can't give me what the Internet can. The internet can't give me what theatre can. So, I have made friends with both.

SantDate: Friday, 29.04.2011, 12:27 | Message # 11
Student
Teacher, I don't want to say that we get thoughts, emotions, vision, attitudes only in the Internet. We get such things in different ways. I do not want to overestimate the importance of the Internet, but there are such things as TV, books, paintings and so on. People could find thoughts, vision, attitudes, emotions in them. As for me, I used to receive some emotions and thoughts riding a bicycle. Vision and attitudes did I get from books and speaking with a lot of interesting people. Tastes are different, and ways to get some things are different, too. And so, I believe that to become a person there is no need to go to the theatre.

Memento mori...

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 29.04.2011, 13:17 | Message # 12
Dean
Exactly so. That's what you said. That's what you insist on at the end of your message. This is your business! But it is not the matter of taste!
Still. you seem to be changing your opinion and it's so important.
That's what I want everyone to understand. When people reject various ways of being a human but concentrate on their 'matters of taste', they difinitely limit their horisons. I get a lot of thoughts and attitudes when I travel in my car, when I walk in the forest, when I stand in the rain, when I sit hours with a fishing rod on a river bank, when I visit church, when I talk online on miscellaneous forums and chatrooms, when I dance at a birthday party, when I pick up litter in a plastic bag. All of these make us human. We sometimes do not have enough time or chances for such a diverse life, but why should we reject what is definitely good? We sometimes are not mature enough for such a diverse life! But why should we ignore its options?
That's why I will never share anybody's opinion who deny or ignore all of these, inluding theatre, or discos, or heavy metal concerts, and the like. It is not the matter of taste! It's the matter of mental and spiritual horisons!

SantDate: Friday, 29.04.2011, 14:11 | Message # 13
Student
I said what I thought. I'm not changing my opinion. I just quoth about one of the ways of becoming a person in my first message. My next message is about how I am becoming a person. I meant that we may get something from the Internet, something from books without using any other sources, like theatre. I'm not a spiritual man, I have read many books about religion, and I saw a lot of inconsistencies. So, some people may visit churches, without reading books, others may read religious books without visiting churches. In spite of this they all would have developed the same way.

Memento mori...

Suigintou_RozenDate: Friday, 29.04.2011, 16:13 | Message # 14
Course monitor
I like theater very much. Some years ago I often went to the theater with my classmates and teachers, but now we are preparing for our exams and we have no time to do it. It is not one problem-many of my friends prefer going to the cinema. They think it is boring to go to the theater and watch plays and I can't understand them. I am not a theater-goer but I enjoy it very much. I hope in the future I'll go to the theater quite often.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 29.04.2011, 20:31 | Message # 15
Dean
Awards: 3
Wow, such a heated discussion! Teacher, I tend to agree with you because being sure that you won't certainly like, for example, a concert, you may miss a wonderful chance and a lot of uforgettable impressions! That's the way one's taste is shaping - trial-and error method. But at the same time it doesn't mean you should try everything...Reasonable measure is of primary importance in such a delicate process as cultural enrichment)

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » How often do you go to the theatre or an opera house? (theatre)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024