THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 27.04.2024, 09:34
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Luck  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Shopping - A Necessity or an Addiction » Shopping as an addiction
Shopping as an addiction
lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 26.06.2011, 15:04 | Message # 46
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
It can really bring relief but isn't it a little bit superficial? Of course everything depends on a certain problem, I mean that deep feelings and wounds can't be healed at once without self-examination, reflections and simply time. In this case shopping is a kind of shelter - an illusive solution to the difficulty. I can draw a parallel with drugs: they help people to escape reality and feel euphoria. The point is that it's momentary! After a period of rapture and joy necessarily come decline and melancholy. The state may even grow worse!

natasha001Date: Wednesday, 14.09.2011, 14:27 | Message # 47
Student
Awards: 0
I really like shopping. It is one of the things I can do as often as possible. I don't consider myself as a shopaholic though. I think shopping is one of the ways to spend your weekend with friends or your boyfriend. Espessially I like big malls, because you can shop, get your nails done, spend time with your girlfriend, drink some delisious cofee at the same time!

Message edited by PhaZa - Saturday, 17.09.2011, 21:09

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 14.09.2011, 22:43 | Message # 48
Dean
That's right,coffe, shopping and chatting - perfect))) By the way, what do you think about choosing clothes and accessories for your boyfriend/girlfriend? Is it a sign of stable and comfortable realtions, trust and respect or a typical attempt to establish authority, mere assuredness and a desire to mark your "territory"?) As for me, I regard it as most natural when a wife keeps an eye on her husband's outfit. Actually in most cases it's easy to see with the naked eye whether a man is married or not and if his spouse's taste is exquisite.

natasha001Date: Monday, 19.09.2011, 21:30 | Message # 49
Student
Oh, you are right. I love buying stuff for my friends and relatives.As for my boyfriend i usually steel his shirts and jackets and put it on happy But i usually buy acsesories for him like sunglasses and hats..

Message edited by PhaZa - Thursday, 22.09.2011, 19:52

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 20.09.2011, 21:30 | Message # 50
Dean
Well, he must appreciate such care)) Doesn't he protest? I mean there're men who don't even take the trouble of dressing decently. If it's not a question of money, the problem originates from childhood! Maybe they're used to think that it's petticoat habits? Anyway. women shouldn't leave things as they are but it's important not to cut it too fat. Ideally it's better to change his clothes delicatelty, step by step, giving comliments and making presents)

AmarantaDate: Thursday, 05.04.2012, 22:43 | Message # 51
Monitor
As for me, I`m a shopaholic, but not crazy. I think, almost every woman likes shopping. On the one hand, it`s a perfect way to improve your mood. There are plenty of nice things that you can buy. But on the other hand, it may cause a bad mood or even a depression. For example, If a woman has XXXL size it`s very difficult for her to find suitable clothes. But what if she sees a beautiful dress on the mannequin with S size, There will be almost no chance to find the same one in XXXL size. Moreover, some beautiful clothes are rather expensive. The high price is a problem too.

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 06.04.2012, 13:30 | Message # 52
Monitor
Awards: 1
I really believe that practically all women around the world like shopping. Some of them are really addicted to it and others simply like it and as for example flowers, TV, different games etc. As for me I'm not addicted to shopping, but it brings me a lot of pleasure and makes me happy for some time.I like shoes and bags most of all and especially expensive brands make me really admired and happy)I always want to have more and more clothes in my wardrobe smile I remember one famous quotation by M.Monroe "Not money makes us happy but that we can buy for it" So of course shopping is not all in our life and it isn't so much important,but it makes our life more interesting and brighter)

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 06.04.2012, 13:32 | Message # 53
Monitor
Shopping. Very often we can hear a phrase "If I have a credit card I would buy everything". For many people it is a disease. They can afford to buy everything they want. They spend their money only on clothes. But it`s a drug. Why if they have money they spend it only on clothes. We have a lot of problems in our world which can be solved only with the help of money. But unfortunately people are used to thinking only about themselves and nothing more.

Message edited by mrsbukale - Friday, 06.04.2012, 15:36

GoldilocksDate: Sunday, 15.04.2012, 23:51 | Message # 54
Monitor
Shopping has become a disease nowadays. Of course, most of us like to buy some new things but being a real shopaholic is awful. They believe shopping makes them happier but it only makes things worse. They lose their money; leaving the shop they feel guilt etc. So I think people should learn to feel happiness without spending money.

ArchieDate: Sunday, 22.04.2012, 09:51 | Message # 55
Monitor
Nowadays, shopping became a kind of addiction. People buy things that they do not need. Advertising convinces us that we must buy everything that they show us on TV. If a person does not have this "necessary" things, he considers himself a loser. People are very easy to believe this.

Message edited by Archie - Sunday, 22.04.2012, 09:51

RosebudDate: Monday, 21.05.2012, 20:53 | Message # 56
Monitor
I am not a shopaholic but I like shopping) I like to buy modern beautiful clothes but if I have ten summer shirts I think it's enough and I won't go to buy more because there is not any necessity, it will be only waste of money. And of course, shopping makes my mood better.

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 13:09 | Message # 57
Monitor
Home shopping
Home mail delivery systems and modern technology (such as television, telephones, and the Internet), in combination with electronic commerce and business-to-consumer electronic commerce systems, allow consumers to shop from home. There are three main types of home shopping: mail or telephone ordering from catalogs; telephone ordering in response to advertisements in print and electronic media (such as periodicals, TV and radio); and online shopping. Online shopping has completely redefined the way people make their buying decisions; the Internet provides access to a lot of information about a particular product, which can be looked at, evaluated, and comparison-priced at any given time. Online shopping allows the buyer to save the time and expense, which would have been spent traveling to the store or mall.

NadyaDate: Monday, 24.09.2012, 21:26 | Message # 58
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Actually, it's pleasant to hear you're not shopaholics happy If someone has ever watched a "Shopaholic" movie, one can imagine what deplorable results shopaholism may lead to- extortionate credits, plenty of clothes falling out of your wardrobe and so forth)) As many people think, it's better to shop around with no money being full up biggrin
Anyway, what's your opinion about online shopping? Is it really safe enough to buy things online? What kind of goods would you buy online and what kind you wouldn't?
As for me, I agree odering things online saves plenty of time but doing that, there's still a big possibility to buy a pig in the poke, isn't there??))

ValerieTrDate: Thursday, 27.09.2012, 22:19 | Message # 59
Union committee president
Group: Reliable
I'm not a shopaholic. I can't spend a lot of time in the shopping centre. I'm just feel tired because of it.

ZhgutikDate: Friday, 28.09.2012, 10:57 | Message # 60
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
I like shopping only when I'm in good humour smile In other days shopping is a torture for me!

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Shopping - A Necessity or an Addiction » Shopping as an addiction
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024