THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 05:07
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » The World of Yoga (Indian view on life)
The World of Yoga
Do you do Yoga?
1. Yes, sure! [ 0 ] [0.00%]
2. Are you kidding? That's not for me! [ 7 ] [63.64%]
3. That's my life! [ 1 ] [9.09%]
4. I hope, I'll never face it! [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. Bla-bla-bla... Booooooooooooooring... [ 3 ] [27.27%]
Answers total: 11
PashkaaDate: Friday, 10.05.2013, 15:57 | Message # 46
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Awards: 0
Quote (Valerka)
yoga is very useful but many people cannot manage with it physically!!

Of course not everyone can start their sports activity with yoga. Af first, we must do something more easy. Fitness for example)

ValerieTrDate: Friday, 10.05.2013, 17:48 | Message # 47
Union committee president
I agree with Pasha because after reading all of your comments it's really hard to add something new.
Quote (Pashkaa)
Have anybody did yoga, here?

As for me, I never did yoga. I never thought about taking part in it . Despite of this, I know that a lot of people are fond of yoga. Nevertheless, I think, if I have a choice between yoga and fitness, I'll go to fitness. 

Quote DianaZotova
To my mind, people should create classes for beginners where they can help you to develop plasticity. What do you think about it?

Of course, people should create these classes. I don't think that all of us are so plastic. So, it will be the best way to avoid awkward situations during classes.
smile

PerilovaDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 23:03 | Message # 48
Head teacher
Quote (Valerka)
As for me, i never did yoga!!! And in my opinion, no every can do it! It is a very difficult activity! But nevertheless, many people are interested in it. Moreover, they do different exercises regurarly!!So it protects their health! In  conclusion, i want to say that , of course, yoga is very useful but many people cannot manage with it physically!!

Do you know something about the history of yoga ? Do you think the aim of yoga is only improving somebody's health ?

EshtaDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 23:07 | Message # 49
Student
to my mind first of all joga is to help to find the fragile harmony between one's body and mind)

PerilovaDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 23:20 | Message # 50
Head teacher
Quote (Pashkaa)
Anyway, I''d like to do it. Maybe I will one day.

Can you say that yoga is a good way to release tension ? Do you believe yoga really helps people or it is self-hypnosis ?

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 23:55 | Message # 51
Group: Moders
Quote (Eshta)
to my mind first of all joga is to help to find the fragile harmony between one's body and mind)

How do you think, can yoga help to emancipate mind and improve thinking?

Added (12.05.2013, 23:53)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Valerka)
As for me, i never did yoga!!! And in my opinion, no every can do it! It is a very difficult activity! But nevertheless, many people are interested in it. Moreover, they do different exercises regurarly!!So it protects their health! In conclusion, i want to say that , of course, yoga is very useful but many people cannot manage with it physically!!

..It means that you are never going to do yoga?

Added (12.05.2013, 23:55)

Quote (ValerieTr)
As for me, I never did yoga. I never thought about taking part in it . Despite of this, I know that a lot of people are fond of yoga. Nevertheless, I think, if I have a choice between yoga and fitness, I'll go to fitness.

Why fitness?  What differences do you see? Do you consider it's more useful?

PerilovaDate: Monday, 13.05.2013, 00:12 | Message # 52
Head teacher
Quote (ValerieTr)
As for me, I never did yoga. I never thought about taking part in it .

Did you hear about the different types of yoga ? Why fitness is more useful variant for you ?

ValerkaDate: Monday, 13.05.2013, 18:26 | Message # 53
Quote (Pashkaa)
Of course not everyone can start their sports activity with yoga. Af first, we must do something more easy. Fitness for example)
I agree with you! Moreover, every person is individual. Each of them has own interests! So, people choose different kinds of sports! As for me, i prefer track and field! What kind of sports do you prefer?

Added (13.05.2013, 18:25)

Quote (Perilova)
Do you know something about the history of yoga ? Do you think the aim of yoga is only improving somebody's health ?

Unfortunately,I don't know about the history of yoga anything because i am not interested in it! And of course, the aim of yoga is not only improving somebody's heath! It  helps us to develop our physical abilities! It is an execellent way to  achieve harmony of intellect, body and spirit!

Added (13.05.2013, 18:26)

Quote (FoxyT)
..It means that you are never going to do yoga?
 I think it is really so!

ZhgutikDate: Monday, 13.05.2013, 19:44 | Message # 54
Union organizer
To tell the truth, after reading an information about yoga, I understand that I know about it almost nothing. I understand that yoga is more than just physical exercises. It is somthing that joins your mind and body. As far as I can judge, we have only an idea about yoga. I believe that only some people from India know what it means to practise yoga !!!

ValerieTrDate: Monday, 13.05.2013, 21:12 | Message # 55

Quote (FoxyT)
Why fitness?  What differences do you see? Do you consider it's more useful?

Because yoga is just not my cup of tea. I prefer fitness. BUT.  I know that there is fitness-yoga besides yoga.
Does anybody know the difference between fitness-yoga and yoga?

Added (13.05.2013, 21:12)

Quote (Perilova)
Did you hear about the different types of yoga ? Why fitness is more useful variant for you ?

Yes, I heard about the different types of yoga.
Would you like to do yoga?

PashkaaDate: Tuesday, 14.05.2013, 02:06 | Message # 56
Union organizer
Quote (Perilova)
Can you say that yoga is a good way to release tension ? Do you believe yoga really helps people or it is self-hypnosis ?

Yes, I can. Moreover, to my mind it is the main purpose of yoga.

Quote (Valerka)
I agree with you! Moreover, every person is individual. Each of them has own interests! So, people choose different kinds of sports! As for me, i prefer track and field! What kind of sports do you prefer?
I prefer strength training in a gym. I don't have to lose weight so I try to gain muscle mass instead.

AriesDate: Tuesday, 14.05.2013, 12:11 | Message # 57
Union organizer
Group: Users
I read a lot of messages. And here is my opinion. I think that yoga has double meaning. First, we improve our figure. Then we can relax and be alone. It helps us to understand ourself and get rid from problems. Yoga is a useful occupation.

PerilovaDate: Tuesday, 14.05.2013, 13:00 | Message # 58
Head teacher
Quote (Zhgutik)
I believe that only some people from India know what it means to practise yoga !!!

Do you believe that Christians should practice yoga?

AriesDate: Tuesday, 14.05.2013, 13:26 | Message # 59
Union organizer
Group: Users
Quote (kitris)
Besides, if you want to do yoga, will you do it to be more plastic or only to achieve inner peace with yourself ??
I agree with you) I think that person should choose for what he needs. Either it's a good figure or a harmony within yourself. In some cases, people need in both variants.

Added (14.05.2013, 13:26)

Quote (DariaEliseeva)
There is an opinion, that people should change their nutrition, if they want to do yoga.First of all, yoga does not approve of meat, because there is not energy in it
I heard about it. In my opinion, begginer yogi can eat a small amount of meat and in the process of initiation to yoga, he will be able to give it up. Yogis eat
a lot of dairy products, nuts and cereals. It pleases me.

FoxyTDate: Tuesday, 14.05.2013, 22:55 | Message # 60
Group: Moders
Quote (Zhgutik)
I believe that only some people from India know what it means to practise yoga !!!

I completely agree with you. But how do you think how long a person should train to teach yoga then?

Added (14.05.2013, 22:55)
I also decide to share my experience and opinion)
I've done yoga for several months and stopped to do it just only because I have moved to another city. Yoga is quite useful form of exercise, because it affects not only on your muscles, joints, blood circulation, but also on nerves, brain cells and mood.

Code
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/beginning-yoga-at-home-printable-yoga-exercises.html

- here are good internet resources...yoga exercises for beginners in pictures and with detailed description.

Message edited by FoxyT - Tuesday, 14.05.2013, 22:56

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » The World of Yoga (Indian view on life)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024