THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 04:53
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » The World of Yoga (Indian view on life)
The World of Yoga
Do you do Yoga?
1. Yes, sure! [ 0 ] [0.00%]
2. Are you kidding? That's not for me! [ 7 ] [63.64%]
3. That's my life! [ 1 ] [9.09%]
4. I hope, I'll never face it! [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. Bla-bla-bla... Booooooooooooooring... [ 3 ] [27.27%]
Answers total: 11
TeacherDate: Tuesday, 16.04.2013, 01:46 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
[/color]
[color=#9900ff]"When this body has been so magnificently and artistically created by God, it is only fitting that we should maintain it in good health and harmony by the most excellent and artistic science of Yoga."
 Geeta Iyengar

"Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured." B.K.S. Iyengar

Yoga has become very popular nowadays. A lot of people of all ages do yoga. Some of them regard it as a simple gymnastics. Others believe that this is something bigger and much more important - some way of thinking and life perception. What do you think?

[/c][c]
Attachments: 9744803.jpg (29.9 Kb)

In Vino Veritas...

natashamurDate: Wednesday, 17.04.2013, 23:07 | Message # 2
Student
Group: Reliable
I suppose yoga is very good for health and doing yoga has a lot of benefits generally. At first, it increases strength and flexibility of your body. Besides, it improves your internal state because yoga lets blood enter in all organs more freely. The main thing is that yoga helps us to relieve stresses which are an essential part of our life. And i think it's useful to do yoga to achieve harmony between your body and mind.
So it seems to me yoga is a reasonable choice)

kitrisDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 00:33 | Message # 3
Student
There are many myths and prejudices associated with yoga. Previously, everyone was convinced that yoga is a special technigue when a person was on a bed of nails or walking on glass, and today it is the theory of yoga relaxation. In my understanding, it turns out that at work, at school or at home, we tense ourselves and then come to class and relax in order to be more flexible physically. Of course we do not think that this is wrong. They say that yoga should teach people to be strong, enduring and plastic, but not flexible. I also think that a modern citizen certainly can not relax in less than a few days. Therefore, effectiveness of practice in which we should relax though we can't relax in principle, is rather doubtful, moreover, such an occupation is often accompanied by pain. I have nothing against this technique, but if a person wants to do this, then he should be prepared to waste a lot of effort and time.
Attachments: 9667096.jpg (30.1 Kb)

moonvoyageDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 00:44 | Message # 4
Student
To my mind, yoga is not limited by gymnastics only. prof Of course, nowadays it`s popular to attend its classes to improve one`s flexibility. However, yoga is a complex of various spiritual, mental and physical practices. They are aimed  to reach sublime inner condition. As a result, true practicians should deal with yoga for their whole lives. On the other hand, I agree that in our way of life it`s almost impossible to devote much time to it. eek So, there isn't anything wrong if one does only physical exercises and neglects the other aspects. Maybe this person will find his own way here one day and reveal some other, more philosophical sides of yoga.  Well, is anybody _ aware of these sides of the practice? angel

kitrisDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 00:56 | Message # 5
Student
moonvoyage, do you suppose that yoga can be a technique without inner mental and spirital ptactices?  if you really think so, im glad because i think too that doing yoga without philosophical thoughts is possible, at least in the early stages.  v

moonvoyageDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 01:20 | Message # 6
Student
kitris, yes, you`re right. It`s possible, but to my mind onlyfor beginners. So, you can`t bear the lordy title "yogi" without trying to penetrate its philosophical basis. Those who pay attention to exercises [color=#ff00ff]only[/color]  can be called gymnasts teehee by the way, is it interesting for you to learn anything about achieving harmony with yourself and the surrounding world from the point of view of yoga?

kitrisDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 01:25 | Message # 7
Student
moonvoyage, yeah, to my mind, it's very useful to know smth more about inner harmony, especially when our world is so dirty and selfish. It wouldn't be out of place to learn this achievement from _ yoga's point of viewwwwwwww  happy

moonvoyageDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 01:28 | Message # 8
Student
kitris, I hope you `ll share your experience with me cool

ОрионDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 10:55 | Message # 9
Student
Well, I agree with your opinions, girls, but I guess the philosophical basis of yoga is dominating.)) Of course, you can do yoga if you want to keep fit but there's plenty of other activities which may be even more effective. One yoga teacher said that 'yoga is about clearing away whatever is in us that prevents our living in the most full and whole way.' I guess that refers chiefly to blockages in our mind and soul. Our self-actualization is often impossible until we suppress ourselves and I believe yoga teaches us to set our mind free. happy

Message edited by Орион - Thursday, 18.04.2013, 10:57

kitrisDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 11:15 | Message # 10
Student
Орион, of course, you're right too, but  people can't achieve this inner calmness without a lot of hard trainings. And i also suppose that not each person can, in principle, _ get the feeling of all-absorbing peace.

Added (18.04.2013, 11:15)
---------------------------------------------
btw, do you know some places in Ryazan where we can do yoga ?
I mean not only special classes but open areas in parks or yards.  smile

moonvoyageDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 11:25 | Message # 11
Student
kitris, as far as I know, in every modern fitness -centre there are yoga-courses, so it`s not difficult to find them!! up
but what about open areas? I`ve never heard about such places
sounds amazing! yes

kitrisDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 11:39 | Message # 12
Student
moonvoyage, it goes without saying that in many European countries and in [color=#9900ff]the USA[/color] there are a lot of such places in urban parks special for doing yoga. So, go there ahahahahah
Besides, my acquaintance told me about an amazing place for yoga in Ryazan. If you're interested in it, click here http://www.yogaasana.ru/  yes

Message edited by kitris - Thursday, 18.04.2013, 20:09

moonvoyageDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 11:39 | Message # 13
Student
kitris, thanks for such a great link! It`s a discovery for me the club may exist in Ryazan no

galyaDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 15:02 | Message # 14
Student
In my opinion, it is very hard to start yoga, because it isn`t only aerobic exercises, but it is very helpful.  Yoga helps you to reduce stress, to improve circulation, to control headaches, backpain and asthma and to find a balance between emotional, physical and mental spheres. Gymnastics improves only your sportsmanship and doesn`t have any reference to the inward world of a man. Moreover, yoga facilitates brain treatment: it works on the subconscious. Finally, yoga helps people to relieve respiratory illnesses and to strengthen the spine. Do you think it is possible to give yoga a chance or not? smile

Message edited by galya - Friday, 19.04.2013, 11:20

kitrisDate: Thursday, 18.04.2013, 20:09 | Message # 15
Student
galya, after your great speech that yoga [/size][size=11]helps to reduce stress, everyone should seriously think about this technique. especially _ students like us, who are studing till evening and have 3 seminars per day.  weep

Besides, if you want to do yoga, will you do it to be more plastic or only to achieve inner peace with yourself ??

Message edited by kitris - Thursday, 18.04.2013, 20:11

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » The World of Yoga (Indian view on life)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024