THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 05.05.2024, 08:04
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » tastes differ) (Here's a poll 'bout the music we prefere)
tastes differ)
What kind(s) of musiс do you prefer?
1. Classical [ 11 ] [30.56%]
2. Rock [ 19 ] [52.78%]
3. Pop [ 9 ] [25.00%]
4. Folk(World) [ 3 ] [8.33%]
5. Alternative [ 5 ] [13.89%]
6. Dance(Electro) [ 5 ] [13.89%]
7. Metal [ 8 ] [22.22%]
8. Jazz [ 10 ] [27.78%]
9. Blues(Soul) [ 4 ] [11.11%]
10. Funk [ 2 ] [5.56%]
Answers total: 36
lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 21.08.2010, 18:50 | Message # 31
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Maybe, pop?

KaisaDate: Saturday, 21.08.2010, 23:03 | Message # 32
Student
Awards: 0
Quote (lovefootball))
Maybe, pop?

Well, I am not against pop. I think that there are many interesting bands and singers in this style of music. I just dislike some performers whose music is really boring.

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.09.2010, 09:05 | Message # 33
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Quote (Kaisa)
Well, I am not against pop. I think that there are many interesting bands and singers in this style of music. I just dislike some performers whose music is really boring.

Well, are you really honest? What do you mean by saying it? Can music be boring? Is it possible that you just can't tune yourself to some specific sounds and can't imagine why this music was made? Can you give an example of boring music?

KaisaDate: Friday, 10.09.2010, 12:17 | Message # 34
Student
Quote (Teacher)
Well, are you really honest? What do you mean that by saying it? Can music be boring? Is it possible that you just can't tune yourself to some specific sounds and can't imagine why this music was made? Can you give an example of boring music?

Teacher, I am honest. I meant that I don't find pop music bad. This genre has many talanted and great performers and I like some of them. Well, sometimes I can't tune myself to some specific sound but I always try to do it. Sometimes I succeed in it. As to boring music, I think it's a subjective and abstract notion. Everyone has his own point of view. For example, if one person likes jazz and dislikes hard rock, his neighbour may have an opposite point of view. So, tastes differ.

Message edited by Kaisa - Friday, 10.09.2010, 12:17

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 11.09.2010, 08:50 | Message # 35
Dean
Do I understand you correctly? You mean that this is all about different styles? Can one dislike this or that group regardless of the fact that they both play hard rock or metal? E.g. once I liked Metalica very much but I couldn't listen to Nirvana, could bear a song a two. The melodies were very depressive, monotonous and I couldn't tune myself to that mood. Is it the case of musical art? Are we ready to understand the composer's mood and relate it to the chosen tune? You are right when you talk of pop-music. I think it isn't based on the composer's mood and emotions, rather it is meant to evoke some commonplace reactions and emotions but will soon be changed by another pop gig. To cook up a popular hit is a matter of an hour and it it takes exactly the same time to become a bleary tune.

KaisaDate: Saturday, 11.09.2010, 17:56 | Message # 36
Student
Teacher, my message was related to different styles and bands. Of course, one person can dislike this or that band despite the fact they play the same music. I think that the matter of style is a secondary question. It's better to say that the way we perceive music depends on our own mood and taste. So, we can be ready to understand the composer's mood and relate it to the chosen tune when we have the same mood and like the composer's style.

Message edited by Kaisa - Saturday, 11.09.2010, 17:57

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 12.09.2010, 17:00 | Message # 37
Union organizer
Group: Friends
I like songs more than just melodies. It is really hard work to operate your own voice. But sometimes it is better not to know what the song is about.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 12.09.2010, 19:16 | Message # 38
Dean
Awards: 3
Are you hinting at awful lyrics?

AyayuliaDate: Thursday, 16.09.2010, 18:35 | Message # 39
Union organizer
Group: Friends
No, I don't mind our pop music, speaking about songs! But my third sentence can and should describe lyrics that we hear over the radio.

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 18.09.2010, 09:04 | Message # 40
Dean
Ayayulia! Why do care so much for the lyrics? Are you sure that when you listen to foreign pop-music, you really care that much for the lyrics? Don't you ignore the message of the song as long as you understand a few words like "your shining eyes are on my fingers" and the tune itself makes you go round and round?

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 18.09.2010, 16:17 | Message # 41
Dean
I like listening to pop-music cool It helps me to relax and it takes my bad mood away. When I listen to pop-music I just feel better. Good pop-music helps me to fight depression. For example, songs by Justin Timberlake or Lady Gaga are so necessary if you want to feel happy. Unfortunately, grown-ups don`t like this kind of music sad

NadyaDate: Sunday, 19.09.2010, 17:01 | Message # 42
Union committee president
Group: Moders
I like classical music but I do not listen to it now. I finished music school several years ago and used to play the piano a lot. So that`s why I like it. This kind of music helped me to relax and feel better. Now I listen to pop music which I can hear from TV or radio but of course I don't like all of these songs. I also like listening to rock music (I even have learnt to play drums a little).

MadPandaDate: Thursday, 14.10.2010, 10:21 | Message # 43
Monitor
And I prefer Japanese music =))) e.g. Japanese rock (JRock) and Japanese goth (JGoth)......

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 14.10.2010, 10:31 | Message # 44
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Only? Mad Panda, I thought you are fond of hot Finnish chaps too! Uncle Jyrke forever!

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

MadPandaDate: Thursday, 14.10.2010, 10:34 | Message # 45
Monitor
oooooh yes!!!! i adore him!!! thanks, Nekavaen, I almost forgot about it XD

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » tastes differ) (Here's a poll 'bout the music we prefere)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024