THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 20.04.2024, 08:35
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » What's easier for you: to understand or to express emotions?
What's easier for you: to understand or to express emotions?
TeacherDate: Thursday, 11.02.2010, 23:03 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Some people express emotions easily, others are very good at understanding different emotional states. And what can you sayl about this topic?

In Vino Veritas...

LuckDate: Friday, 12.02.2010, 01:39 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
I just want to agree with you, because it really depends on a person. But I can speak about myself and well, I'm quite good at understanding different emotional states of the others, well mostly of my close friends, because I can predict their reactions, I know what they like and what they don't like, when they are happy or sad. And it doesn't matter whether this person is radiant with happiness like a light bulb or not, I just easily see what he or she feels. But as for myself, then I don't like to express my emotions very much. It's not because I'm afraid of something or because I don't want anyone to decipher me completely. That's just because when I feel bad, it's better for me to stay alone or to share my problems just with one closest person. When I'm happy,well, I can smile, but I just can't understand how some people can become hysterical or too shrilling. Well, as I've already said, it depends. But my point of view is above:)

TeacherDate: Friday, 12.02.2010, 19:45 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Luck, I have the same situation. I mean for me it's not very difficult to recognize and to explain the emotions of other people. And I also don't like to express my emotions. I can express all my emotions only when I'm with my best friends.

In Vino Veritas...

AyayuliaDate: Monday, 15.02.2010, 14:05 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Awards: 2
I don’t want to understand feelings, emotions and intensions of everyone. I don’t want to be a good psychologist every minute. To analyze gestures, facial expression of your interlocutor for me means to worm yourselves into someone’s confidence. If a person wants to conceal feelings it’s OK. It is his/her choice.

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2010, 11:02 | Message # 5
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (Seagull)
I can express all my emotions only when I'm with my best friends.

I wouldn't say that. Luck is really different from you. You even won't be able to guess that something is wrong with her because she keeps her emotions under tight control. As for you, Seagull, your mood is not so difficult to determine, especially when you're angry, dissatisfied or proud. I don't want to say that your emotions are always public but still you're not so reserved.

RinaDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2010, 20:35 | Message # 6
Awards: 4
Well, my friends sometimes joke that it's easy to understand my emotional state – I'm always happy))) And I do admit that I'm somehow an expressive person - I can't help laughing when I want to and very often I don't try to hide my irritation. But sometimes I want nobody to understand what I really feel. And Ayayulia was completely right – “reading” one's emotions is like “reading” one's diary and to be GOOD AT analyzing one's emotional state isn't really so GOOD...Just imagine – you feel that a person you are talking to is... well.. let him be disappointed. It disappoints you and you want to help him/her. But you do not ask whether your help is really needed. I know a lot of people that wish to learn how not to express their emotions because they are fed up with other people's questions like “What's wrong?” or “Has something happened?” As for me, I usually understand people's emotions and I won't argue that it helps in leading the discussion, but for me it still remains a double-edged sword...

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 01:10 | Message # 7
Head teacher
Asya, let me make my answer clearer. For me it's easier to understand emotions of other people. But "to understand" means not only "to read", but also "to share", "to be in one's shoes". So for me "understanding of people's emotions" is a complicated notion. And, speaking about me, as you've noticed I very often express negative emotions, but I really very rare express positive ones. And, of course, you can see me only several hours a day, and most of that time we are studying. So you can determine my emotions, but you should know that every person has different mask and states in every of his/her sphere of life. By the way, I'm irritated now. biggrin

In Vino Veritas...

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 10:03 | Message # 8
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (Seagull)
you should know that every person...

I DO know!!!!! That's not the point.
You're irritated. Yes, I've guessed. You even shouldn't have written it.
You know... Well.. Maybe, I'll make you much more irritated now. biggrin The problem is: you don't accept any criticism, even if it isn't pure criticism. And you hate it when someone says that you're worse than you tend to think (that's normal, by the way). That's the thing that makes you annoyed. By the way, I didn't have such an intention when writing my first comment. I just thought that you and Luck are very different even to be compared.

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 11:03 | Message # 9
Head teacher
Asya, have I asked you to discuss or to analyze me? No. So let's discuss the topic.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 06.03.2010, 23:00 | Message # 10
Union organizer
Awards: 3
Well, guys, you seem to be rather hung up on the topic.. Maybe, I will sound too practical or disregarding to your emotions, but I rarely pay much attention on what emotions a person is trying to transmit. I'd rather take notice of his/her actions (deliberate or involuntary). They tell me more information about the person rather than his/her tears, smiles, laugh, mime and so on.
So there is no problem for me understanding/reading/analyzing people's emotions because they don't make much difference to me. (I know, probably I'm missing something important when dealing with people, but it is actually the only way which is pretty easy for me.)

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 15.05.2010, 20:26 | Message # 11
Dean
Group: Users
I think one will never be able to understand others completely. We may be good psychologists but there is always something hidden in every person. In spite of that I'm sure that expressing emotions is far more difficult than underatanding them. I mean when you express your feelings, you can't always be honest. It's quite natural because we live in the society and we should take it into consideration.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 20.05.2010, 01:25 | Message # 12
Head teacher
Quote (lovefootball))
I mean when you express your feelings, you can't always be honest.

You can, but you just don't want to do it. That's the point. cool

In Vino Veritas...

MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 11:08 | Message # 13
Union organizer
Awards: 2
I can say, that i'm very emotional person. And of course it is easier for me to express my emotions: sadness, happiness, love, care and so on. And i can say that i sometimes dont understand different emotional states of my friends for example. Every person is unique.

CherryDate: Saturday, 05.06.2010, 21:02 | Message # 14
Monitor
I suppose we can`t understand other person completely.... we can only guess about his feelings and emotions. As for me to express emotions is much easier than to understand them.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 05.06.2010, 21:55 | Message # 15
Dean
Really? I think you're a keen observer and can always understand anyone.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » What's easier for you: to understand or to express emotions?
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024