THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 25.04.2024, 16:00
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Topics for Discsussion » When and how to build a family?
When and how to build a family?
LuckDate: Sunday, 05.09.2010, 13:41 | Message # 1
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
I think it is a very important topic to discuss. It does not matter how old you are when you decide to get married. The most difficult thing is to build a really nice and happy family. Love, affection and trust cannot be rushed. The more time you invest in the relationships with the important people in your life, the higher "quality" of life you will have.
And I would like to discuss the following questions: when do people should start building a family? And why are there so many young families who divorce after a very short period of joint life?

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 07.09.2010, 09:24 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
I think these issues are really problematic and worth discussing. Actually I tend to think that all problematic issues are worth discussing. biggrin

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 07.09.2010, 14:10 | Message # 3
Union organizer
Awards: 3
This topic is definitely to my liking. There are so many controversial things which need to be cleared and thoroughly discussed. As for me, I seldom think about the time when I am to settle down, and get married, and have children, and have a burden of making my family life peaceful...Actually there are so many responsibilities put on a mariied person that it really turns to be a problem. So I'm in great favour of talking on this topic.

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 08.09.2010, 09:24 | Message # 4
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
What are basic expectations? Just to discuss various opinions and cases or to be able to make a decision?

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 08.09.2010, 18:34 | Message # 5
Union organizer
As for me I will not get married until graduating - that's for sure.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 08.09.2010, 21:29 | Message # 6
Dean
Group: Users
Tha point is not to rush things and to learn by others' mistakes, I think.

TeacherDate: Saturday, 11.09.2010, 01:41 | Message # 7
Head teacher
Awards: 0
I suppose, it'll be very good show here the attitude and the opinion of men and women about the topic. We could compare them. May be some examples of good and bad families.

If you don't mind, I'd like to start. smile

Well, as for me creating a new family is not a very easy thing. A man must graduate form University or some College, then find a job. After that he must work till the moment when he realizes that he can support not only himself, but his future wife. It's a material condition for getting married. Let's talk about other things. A man must think about marriage only in case when he is ready to be responsible not only for himself, but for his wife.

I think it's better to know about women's conditions for getting married, from a woman. wink

In Vino Veritas...

AyayuliaDate: Thursday, 16.09.2010, 19:19 | Message # 8
Union organizer
It is so stupid when a girl says “Oh, I am 23 and not married.” So she keeps on nagging at her boyfriend with “All my friends are married already, am I worse?” or something like this and he is obliged to consent. Then she understands that he earns little, has no flat of his own, or is a bad interlocutor and they divorce, but she achieves her goal! She was married! Think! Your chosen one will hardly change his behavior after the wedding ceremony! Wife is doomed to live with all his “nice habits” all her life long!

MegastarostaDate: Friday, 17.09.2010, 11:08 | Message # 9
Union organizer
well, I have only one question: What is family for you? What does it mean for you? Is it just for fun or a necessary thing for every of us? Can people live without family? I think all these questions are very actual now because i have lots of friends who don't mind building their own family and for whom family is nothing, just an unimportant thing. I'd like to speak about it, that's why i wrote hetopic in the list for discussion.

AyayuliaDate: Tuesday, 28.09.2010, 10:51 | Message # 10
Union organizer
The majority of us live in the family of our parents now, and when we find a boy-or-girl-friend, you start to build your own one and move from your parents’ house to your own. So, theoretically, we always live in the family. As for me, I lived alone for 3 years in a foreign city and it was the worst time in my life. I was absolutely alone, no one to talk to, to listen to, to ask for help, to embrace. May be I’m too sentimental)))

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 28.09.2010, 15:53 | Message # 11
Dean
I'm sure that family is necessary for surviving.

Added (28.09.2010, 15:53)
---------------------------------------------
Seagull, I agree with you completely, but sometimes it turns out too difficult for a young man to stick to this plan) What do you think?

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 28.09.2010, 21:30 | Message # 12
Head teacher
lovefootball), I think, everything is possible if you want it.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 29.09.2010, 22:50 | Message # 13
Dean
Maybe. And we need to make decisions with a fresh mind.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 30.09.2010, 00:34 | Message # 14
Head teacher
lovefootball), especially in case when we choose our future husband/wife.
Attachments: 7303333.jpg (23.6 Kb)

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 30.09.2010, 08:53 | Message # 15
Dean
Oh, God, they complement each other)

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Topics for Discsussion » When and how to build a family?
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024