THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 06:18
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
Reasons for having pets
lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 22:14 | Message # 61
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I'm ready to slobber over them with these cats' fans)))) But at the same time I don't know what to think of the fact that people create new breeds for their whims and preferences. Of course, nobody suffers because of that but still it's an intervention in nature...Besides, pets are more likely to be regarded as fluffy toys rather than as animals with their own habits.

ValeriyaDate: Sunday, 27.02.2011, 22:17 | Message # 62
Monitor
Awards: 0
Lots of families in Great Britain have got one or more pets.Dogs are the favourite pets and there are about 6 million of them in Great Britain. The second favourite are cats (about 5 millions) and the third favourite is a bird. Some families do not keep cats or dogs. They keep other animals as pets in their homes. There are more than 12 million pets in Britain. The English take good care of their pets. They give them nice names: Rover, Rax, Cindy, Misty (for dogs); Albert, Snowy, Fluffy, Tom (for cats); Polly, Chatterbox (for parrots);Guy, Scamper, Shipley, Shirley (for monkeys).When they speak of their pets, they say, "he" or "she", not "it". The English give their pets nice food to eat. They buy food for their pets in pet shops. The English are pet lovers.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 07.03.2011, 15:23 | Message # 63
Dean
Awards: 3
Well, I don't think the same culture is possible in Russia. Of course, there're a lot of pet lovers in our country but we have another mentality and different living conditions: only a few people can allow themselves to keep several pets in PROPER conditions without loss of the budget.

BlackAngelDate: Friday, 11.03.2011, 19:05 | Message # 64
Monitor
I have a little dog.He is 4 years old. Its name is Rich.He is very funny and lovely. He plays with his toys every day. Sometimes he plays at night. I like him very much.

MegastarostaDate: Monday, 20.06.2011, 23:25 | Message # 65
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
Pets are so funny and when i'm sad and deplorable my pet can make me smile. Sometimes i just like to watch my hamster running in his wheel. This is very funny activity. Moreover my hamster is fat and clumsy that is why i always laugh at him.

LeoDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 09:42 | Message # 66
Monitor
Pets are part of our life, they are able to brighten up our free time and give much needed for all of us love and attention. To tell honestly, I can not imagine my life without my pets, my cat and dog. I study at the university…..ha it is clear….and my pets are not with me. I should say it is quite difficult to live without them. ) I even ask my Mum when we talk on Skype to show me my sweet cat. )

Snusmumrick9849Date: Monday, 02.04.2012, 11:36 | Message # 67
Student
This is why having a pet is a good idea:
A cat, a dog or even a bird can give a lot of pleasure for a person living alone. Moreover, it can be the only chance for them to have somebody who can listen to them. Further, it is very good for children to have a pet. They learn to be reliable and patient when they are looking after a cat or a dog. In addition, contacts with cats, dogs and other pets are very relaxing for everyone. While there is a lot of stress everywhere, it is very useful.

IrinaDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 11:52 | Message # 68
Monitor
Pets are the most funny creature in the world. They can create our mood. In my opinion pets are so nice that it impossible to be near with them in bad mood.As for me having such animals as a cat or a dog is a great happiness. I wish have pets. They are the best friends.

Nikky0638Date: Thursday, 12.04.2012, 22:46 | Message # 69
Monitor
I can't imagine my life without pets!!! Nowadays this is norm to have it. There are a lot of people who have such wonderful creatures as cats, dogs, parrots, all kind of rodents etc... Everyone has his own personal reasons for it. One of the reason is that there are many people who are lonely, who don't have children, of course they want to take care of smb, give them their love. Also I think that every child wants to have a little friend, pets bring them delight. Others have it just like that. They need them for their soul, when they have a bad mood pets pick up it. They are so cute and kind they never hurt you. Looking at them you always want to smile. It is so cool to watch for them.

Message edited by Nikky0638 - Thursday, 12.04.2012, 22:51

Snusmumrick9849Date: Monday, 16.04.2012, 11:25 | Message # 70
Student
Nikky0638, do you have a pet or you just want to have it?

Angel757Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:35 | Message # 71
Monitor
Having a pet at your home adds charm to the ambience of the home. It is one of the most rewarding experiences one can enjoy. The unconditional love that a pet bestows on you brings enough joy and togetherness.

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 12:58 | Message # 72
Monitor
Top 10 Reasons to have a pet:

Pets promote social interaction. We all know the cliché of the guy with the cute dog in the park, sitting on a bench and all the passing women stopping by to pet the pooch which inevitably leads to a chat with the owner. But hey, it’s a cliché for a reason – it works!
Pets encourage exercise, especially rambunctious puppies.
Pets are non-judgmental, and (dogs) love you without condition. Cats….are a bit more finicky, but still love you if you treat them well. And neither will care what you look like or accomplished that day.
Pets encourage laughter and playfulness, reminding us not to take life too seriously.
Pets help with depression and loneliness. Someone depressed will focus on themselves. A pet gives that person an outward focus, a purpose and someone to care for. In return they get back loads of love and affection. 1
“There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.”
~ Ben Williams

Children growing up with pets develop more empathy. This could be because children view animals as peers and understand them better than adults. They learn to read animals’ body language, and unlike adults, animals don’t pretend or play psychological games. Once children have grown, they will better be able to read the body language of people and their empathy will carry over. 2
Mental stimulation. Animals encourage social interaction which triggers memories and encourages communication.
Reduced blood pressure. Studies have found that having a pet actually reduces blood pressure and triglycerides. 1
Physical touch. Infants who are not touched enough, fail to develop well, both physically and emotionally. Touch is very important for the mind and spirit, however, many people are wary of touching even family members. Pets are a safer alternative for some. And in hospitals, where touch is usually scary, painful or invasive, a pet is a non-threatening and warm alternative.
Relaxation. Know why so many dentists and doctors have a fish tank in their waiting room? Being in the presence of an animal (unless it’s an upset grizzly) and even watching fish swim is relaxing and can help calm hyperactive children. Studies have shown that with many people it decreases heart rate and blood pressure. In addition, take some of this advice on keeping calm throughout the day.
Want an extra, super sweet reason that’ll make you a hero to some furry creature? Ok, adopt a dog or cat and save a life. And increase the joy in yours. Immeasurably

IrinaDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 00:11 | Message # 73
Monitor
I think having a close relationship with pets is very good for people.First, having a pet is very good for children. Children always need someone to play with them, take care of them, but their parents cannot do it all the time. When children have a pet, for example, a dog, they will be attracted by it and spend most of their time playing with it. The children will not feel lonely when their parents cannot take care of them.Second, pets are also good for adults, especially those works under pressure. Now many people work so hard everyday that they do not have time to relax and talk with friends. If they have pets, whenever they get to home they can talk to them, look them as persons, tell them what they are anxious about. This would help people to reduce their pressure and make them have a better mood.

strawberryDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 00:53 | Message # 74
Monitor
i have a dog, Alice. She is even old,14 years, but i love her very much. She is fanny and clever. I always can to play with her and adore to sleep together particular when it`s cold outside or when i feel sick. i realize when she will soon die, but can`t understand how will i live without her..

FoxyTDate: Friday, 21.09.2012, 22:12 | Message # 75
Union committee president
Group: Moders
I think people need to have animals. They make our life more interesting and more positive,they need our care, affection and love.They also develop in us a responsibility, caring, kindness. In addition, animals in the house, such as a cat, it is a guarantee that you will not have mice) And animals can be good nannies for children and our best friends. Moreover, pets are the ones who will never betray us .. never!

Message edited by FoxyT - Friday, 21.09.2012, 22:13

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Reasons for having pets (Speaking about why people have pets)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024