THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 20.04.2024, 16:57
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Why the youth has lost interest in politics???
Why the youth has lost interest in politics???
8davids8Date: Tuesday, 09.06.2009, 01:04 | Message # 1
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
All of us know that nowadays the youth is not interested in politics. Why d'u think that happened? Don't u think our indifference towards politics was caused by the indifference of authorities towards the population?

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 09.06.2009, 12:59 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
I can't speak about our generation in general. But I can tell you why I"m not interested in politics. First of all, I find it boring. Maybe, that's because I don't know enough to draw my own conclusions and so on... And secondly, I believe it's normal for females not to take an interest in it.

RinaDate: Thursday, 11.06.2009, 01:36 | Message # 3
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
yep, I do think that the reason for young people's indifference towards politics is based on our govenment's indifference towards the whole population))) it's just a kind of mutual disregard.
Besides, politics nowadays seems to be a global "game of the powers that be"... and sometimes they play in the dirt. For me being indifferent towards politics means trying to protect myself from this "game".

LuckDate: Thursday, 11.06.2009, 19:48 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Awards: 5
and I agree with Asya that politics is not very interesting for girls)) I think there are many other ways how to spend your free time instead of staring at the television and listening to boring news.

AsyaDate: Friday, 12.06.2009, 00:09 | Message # 5
Yeah, going to the cinema is more interesting than watching TV. biggrin :D biggrin :D biggrin

LuckDate: Friday, 12.06.2009, 12:59 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Awards: 5
yes of course!because there are no politician news in the cinema!

AsyaDate: Friday, 12.06.2009, 13:19 | Message # 7
Really?! biggrin
Politics... Remeber our history teacher insisted on our watching the news. It was hottible!!!!!!

Message edited by Assa - Saturday, 13.06.2009, 01:06

8davids8Date: Friday, 12.06.2009, 17:15 | Message # 8
Union organizer
yeah)) i remember it) i can't name it any other way but HOTTIBLE!!
)) smile

RinaDate: Friday, 12.06.2009, 23:43 | Message # 9
HOTTIBLE... does this word mean "ability to be hottie"? (hottie+able=hottible) biggrin :D biggrin in ur context it sounds...strange biggrin :D biggrin :D biggrin :D

Message edited by Rina - Friday, 12.06.2009, 23:44

TeacherDate: Monday, 22.06.2009, 07:43 | Message # 10
Head teacher
Awards: 0
I disagree with Luck and Assa. Nowadays politics is ambisexual biggrin . Many years ago women had to sit at home and to housekeep. The older humanity is, the more rights women have. smile Now about politics... I think, that if you are interested in politics, you should have your own opinion and view. Our politicians are very interested in politics, but they do nothing to improve our life. I know many people who speak about politics, but they just gossip, abuse politicians and do nothing to change the situation. Young generations grow up in the atmosphere nihilism and degradation. I mean they are interested in what is around them and very close to them. Youth is too far from politics, the world's global problems etc. No, not every young boy/girl just exists and satisfies his/her own needs, but there is, for example, a big group of gopnics. smile As for me, I'm interested in politics, but I can do nothing, so what's the use of speaking about it?

In Vino Veritas...

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2009, 01:17 | Message # 11
Seagull, why do you disagree with us???? Does the fact women have more rights presuppose the idea women must be interested in politics?!

RinaDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2009, 01:49 | Message # 12
I think that Alex wanted to say that nowadays politcs is as for men as for women - there's no "sex preference"... But being able to politick doesn't mean being interested in it....
so, Alex, please, explain to us why u disagree with girls))))
it seems that u r talking 'bout 2 different things.....

Li$aDate: Monday, 14.09.2009, 23:34 | Message # 13
Student
Group: Users
I consider that nowadays youth's interest in politics is growing....it started several years ago when the party in power intended to outvote with the help of the youngsters. At that period the government appropriated the funds in that sphere. It appears that everyone knows the so called "NASHI" and so on... Nevertheless, today the situation changed. Owing to the economic crisis such investments do not make sense. The government has fostered a certain stratum within the youth whose motivation in political participation is rather high and purposeful. During the election into the Ryazan Duma a 25 year old girl was the second in the list of edinoros. Now the following new law is under discussion: to lower the minimal age of deputes to 18 years.

So may be the future of our generation is in your pocket, and you do not care.... or may be you do.
I do.

8davids8Date: Tuesday, 15.09.2009, 08:24 | Message # 14
Union organizer
The so called NASHI is nothing but another point in the so called "Putin's Plan". They don't know anything about politics just because they know only what they are told but not the actual situation.
By the way, as far as i know the movement doesn't exist anymore - their new leader cleaned out all the budget and the organization was closed. But zombo-camp Seliger still exists. Quite funny, don't you think?
to lower the minimal age of deputes to 18 years

prooflink?

All in all the average level of the youth's legal awareness is quite low - I guess it plays into someone's hands in a way...

kuroi_NekODate: Monday, 14.12.2009, 19:23 | Message # 15
Monitor
as for me I think our policy degraded so much that I don't want to have any attitude to it. To be a good politician means to have logic, honesty, lack of selfishness, prescience, clear understanding of one's own desires and targets. Such people are seldom met. Power is a great responsibility. And not every human can stand this test..)

Message edited by kuroi_NekO - Monday, 14.12.2009, 19:24

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Why the youth has lost interest in politics???
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024