THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 01:52
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Why the youth has lost interest in politics???
Why the youth has lost interest in politics???
8davids8Date: Monday, 14.12.2009, 22:22 | Message # 16
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
One famous italian polotician said - Power tires those who don't have it.
Power and wealth are two very close things. For it's sake one can forget about honesty or justice))

MissJaneDate: Sunday, 20.12.2009, 22:18 | Message # 17
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Why the youth has lost interest in politics? And when were young people much interested in it? In the Soviet period? Nay, actually they have never been absorbed with the political ideas. Even if the youth of the XIX century was winged by the ideas of liberty and equality, there were not many of them who took it seriously.
And besides, it is natural for youngsters to ignore the facts about the political situation in the country. I think it's just a matter of time; a person needs to grow up morally and intellectually to be able to grasp the political ideas and to make sound conclusions, isn't it so?

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 29.12.2009, 01:05 | Message # 18
Head teacher
Awards: 0
Asya, Rina, I think we're talking about different things... Actually, I don't remember what I was talking about in my previous post, so let it be...

In Vino Veritas...

MegastarostaDate: Tuesday, 05.01.2010, 19:14 | Message # 19
Union organizer
hmmm, the question is very good. really why? to my mind, we are tired of all thoselies that we hear from the tribunes. Don't you think so? Thats' why the youth lost any interest in politics, we lost any interest in lie.

kuroi_NekODate: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 14:59 | Message # 20
Monitor
Megastarosta, hmm interesting opinion...) I agree with you but lie has always existed, and this process can't be stopped, because the mojority of politicians are lying people.

Message edited by kuroi_NekO - Thursday, 07.01.2010, 14:59

TeacherDate: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 15:17 | Message # 21
Head teacher
Megastarosta, kuroi_NekO, don't you think, that politicians have to lie? We're tired of their lie, it is so, but we do nothing to change the situation. And don't you see one interesting fact: when there is a person who's tired of their lie to, he/she wants to change the situation, BUT... When he/she becomes a politician to change the situation, he/she starts to lie.

In Vino Veritas...

RinaDate: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 15:50 | Message # 22
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Quote (Seagull)
that politicians have to lie?

I doubt that they have to tell a lie. I guess, nobody makes them do it - it's their own decision. But, may be, lying is just one of the rules of the game called "politics"?

Message edited by Rina - Thursday, 07.01.2010, 21:18

TeacherDate: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 16:43 | Message # 23
Head teacher
Quote (Rina)
lying is just one of the rules of the game called "politics"?

Yes! And sometimes it's necessary to lie. Recollect the phrase "white lie".

In Vino Veritas...

8davids8Date: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 18:47 | Message # 24
Union organizer
Alex is right. In our country one becomes a politician just to steal money. More than that to become a deputy for example one should have enough money and ties. Why should they become politicians then if they already have money. For the sake of fame? To help people? Scarcely. To earn more money! Don't you remeber those 9 great thieves who cleaned out the country in the beginning of the 90th? Now everything is the same. Many provincial mayors and governors make out magnificent combinations to fill their pockets))
So of course they have to lie. If anyone of you becomes a politician in the future, he or she will certainly lie. That's inevitable. These things are inseparable... So what's the argument about then?

TeacherDate: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 20:51 | Message # 25
Head teacher
Quote (8davids8)
Many provincial mayors and governors make out magnificent combinations to fill their pockets))

I must say that a half of them were criminals)

Quote (8davids8)
If anyone of you becomes a politician in the future, he or she will certainly lie.

I will lie. biggrin

In Vino Veritas...

8davids8Date: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 23:16 | Message # 26
Union organizer
Quote (Seagull)
I must say that a half of them were criminals)

from the point of view of the law, but not from the point of view of their time)

8davids8Date: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 23:21 | Message # 27
Union organizer
Quote (8davids8)
9 great thieves

A joke has just come into my mind)) In the year 2009 two movies called "9" were released. One should get The Golden Globus award next week (90%), another one is an animated movie that can struggle for "the Best Animation Picture of a Year" on Oscar-2010))

So,here is the joke:
One says - well, have you heard about a new film "9"?
His partner answers "Is that about those great thieves, uh???)))

kuroi_NekODate: Sunday, 10.01.2010, 19:58 | Message # 28
Monitor
hmm...by the way Rina is right.Nobody makes politicians lie. So that's why nobody believes them. If we become politicians, we should remove lie, illegality, corruption.We don't have to lie, because we need peoples' trust. Also we need opportunities, real opportunities to change smth in our country, only then youth will find interest in politics.

8davids8Date: Sunday, 10.01.2010, 22:40 | Message # 29
Union organizer
quite idealised opinion... that's not the point.

kuroi_NekODate: Sunday, 10.01.2010, 23:20 | Message # 30
Monitor
Why? Then what is it?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Why the youth has lost interest in politics???
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024