THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 07:17
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Why the youth has lost interest in politics???
Why the youth has lost interest in politics???
TeacherDate: Monday, 11.01.2010, 01:13 | Message # 31
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Quote (kuroi_NekO)
Nobody makes politicians lie. So that's why nobody believes them. If we become politicians, we should remove lie, illegality, corruption. We don't have to lie, because we need peoples' trust. Also we need opportunities, real opportunities to change smth in our country, only then youth will find interest in politics.

Quote (kuroi_NekO)
Why? Then what is it?

I'll try to answer... I hope Max won't be against my opinion... But who knows...

Ok... kuroi_NekO, politicians lie, because they need it to achieve their aims. Power poisons people. It's hard to protect the truth, laws and humanism when your exist in the world of politics. To become a powerful politician and to achieve all your aims, you must be strong and thickskin. And imagine a situation, who will you be when you at last achieve your aim and get an opportunity to HELP people? You'll be a thickskin egoist. Because it's necessary to be such a person to live in the world of politicians. That's why Max is right. Believe me, because my attitude to this question was similar to yours. But I had an experience which changed my opinion.

In Vino Veritas...

8davids8Date: Monday, 11.01.2010, 13:17 | Message # 32
Union organizer
Awards: 2
Quote (kuroi_NekO)
Why? Then what is it?

read the post #26.
what does it mean to raise the interest in politics?
and what are we doing now?
we've left 30 messages, doesn't that mean that we're interested in politics. and who are we? we're YOUTH!!)))

kuroi_NekODate: Monday, 11.01.2010, 20:55 | Message # 33
Monitor
Group: Friends
May be I should be adult and then I will have another opinion,Seagull))
8davids8 yes) we're youth and we haven't lost interest in politics. but we also have little (maybe it's worth a poll on the streets? biggrin

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 26.01.2010, 00:57 | Message # 34
Union organizer
Awards: 3
I really hate to put it like this, but I can't help asking... What do you call "interest in politics"? Talking about why they lie to us and whether they have to or not is not the sign of interest, to my mind.
Does that mean you keep track of all the political events, regimes, lines of policy, international treaties and all that kind of things? because just saying that, for instance, ballet is beautiful doesn't prove that I'm interested in it....That is how it looks to me.

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 26.01.2010, 11:48 | Message # 35
Head teacher
I think I should say that being able to discuss, for example, politics, is not a sign of being interested in the topic.

In Vino Veritas...

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 26.01.2010, 13:25 | Message # 36
Dean
When we discuss politics, like any other topic, there are a few reasons - we are not indifferent and we all to an extent depend on politics. Talking about politics also means that we all have a desire and an ambition to improve things. That's the way we become citizens who are never apathetic to the life around.

kuroi_NekODate: Tuesday, 02.02.2010, 21:37 | Message # 37
Monitor
By the way this topic is one aspect of the broader notion of politics.We discuss why politicians lie so we argue here, express our personal opinion,so it is proof of our interest.isn't it?

AyayuliaDate: Monday, 15.02.2010, 14:27 | Message # 38
Union organizer
Many young people say that they are not interested in politics because they cannot influence it. But when you ask the question like “Are you going to go to the polls?” they answer “No! Of course, no!” biggrin

TeacherDate: Thursday, 27.05.2010, 12:10 | Message # 39
Head teacher
Ayayulia, it's our nature. People are afraid of responsibility.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 27.05.2010, 13:27 | Message # 40
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I don't think responsibility has something to do with the fact that peolpe don't want to take active part in politics. We just think that everything has been decided for us.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 27.05.2010, 18:18 | Message # 41
Head teacher
lovefootball), there is a very good thought: if you don't like something, just change it. If you can't change it, just make up your mind to it. But if you don't want to change it, then just don't moan. If we don't like our political system, we should do our best to settle this problem.

In Vino Veritas...

RinaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 00:26 | Message # 42
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Quote (lovefootball))
We just think that everything has been decided for us.

Yes, absolutely agree. I do think that it's the main reason for one's avoiding polls too. People believe that their choices and votes don't even matter.
Quote (Seagull)
If we don't like our political system, we should do our best to settle this problem.

well, I'm really interested in the ways of settling this problem))) Can you name any of them& Do you really think that one person can change everything?

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 10:35 | Message # 43
Head teacher
Rina, one person cannot change anything. More than that, a group of students, for example, can also change nothing. And speaking about the problems, there is only one problem - the power in the hands of thieves.

In Vino Veritas...

AyayuliaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 15:55 | Message # 44
Union organizer
I agree that one person can not change anything, but there is a great amount of this "one person can not..."-people who are young. The result is that KPRF achieves good resultes, because our grandparents have another opinion! They think that they live in Russia, so they should vote.

alex_makhDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 16:15 | Message # 45
Monitor
Awards: 1
I do have an interest in politics but I know that my interst means nothing for the polititians!)) On th other hand it's quite a passive political position... well i don't know... maybe i'm an appolit!)

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Why the youth has lost interest in politics???
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024